• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Phobias

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Wow, mimes, silent but deadly clowns? They seem so calm and peaceful. Guess it's not the best time to mention that I wanna make a character off mimes. Is it okay if I ask what makes mimes so scary? Also, what happened in Trier, Germany, and what was it like (both the event and Germany)?
That's exactly what it is I think. The fact that they are silent. Other than that I can't really say, I'm just terrified of them lol. But I do believe it's the silence that urks me.
Anyways, so, I was out in Trier after a long night of drinking my liver away. Woke up the next morning and decided to walk around the town with a few friends, we went to the center of town and in Trier it's fairly common for people to set up their weird "shows" on the street. Like those guys that paint themselves gold and stand still for hours at a time, and the people that look like they're sitting on nothing. Well, on this particular day, there was a mime, right in front of the McDonalds we were planning on going into to get rid of the hangover. I didn't notice him until it was a bit too late, and when I turned to see him, I literally flipped out. I pretty much started having a panic attack, didn't help he was motioning at me making it far worse. Everyone around me was laughing naturally, and I got up not only embarassed, but terrified to all hell and ran inside the McDonalds. It's funny looking back at it, but the moment it happened it was one of the worst moments of my life.

Other than that, the 4 years I spent in Germany were awesome. Some of the best years of my life were spent in Germany. Met some amazing people, and went to some bad *** festivals. Good times.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm afraid of things that fall under the trypophobia category (lotus pods, bleeding tooth fungus, photoshopped images of holes in skin... don't look these things up if you suffer trypophobia either). I'm also pretty grossed out by hyperdontia, I mean I can handle seeing it for a bit but if I look at it too long I start to get nervous and twitchy/itchy.

I can't really say that anything else really... scares me or counts as a phobia other than probably those two things. Definitely Trypophobia, though.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I'm afraid of things that fall under the trypophobia category (lotus pods, bleeding tooth fungus, photoshopped images of holes in skin... don't look these things up if you suffer trypophobia either). I'm also pretty grossed out by hyperdontia, I mean I can handle seeing it for a bit but if I look at it too long I start to get nervous and twitchy/itchy.

I can't really say that anything else really... scares me or counts as a phobia other than probably those two things. Definitely Trypophobia, though.
It's weird but I always found specific tiny holes with a mixture of certain colors repulsive. I looked at some hyperdontia images and it reminds me of corn. xD

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
Height is my biggest phobia. I can barely even go on a ferris wheel without freaking out, lol.

Other than that, really, I hate any bug that can fly. Though, the one that terrifies me the most are moths. Harmless moths. Those brown things with wings. Something about their sporadic and spastic movement makes me entirely uncomfortable. Sometimes I'll have to flee the room simply because I cannot be in the same room as one, lol. It's that bad.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I happen to fear fear itself-- It might sound overly dumb but it's a legitimate fear i have along side a trauma i had with a fly in a dream that left me scarred to life about any bug that don,t touch a surface

Living with phobiophobia is pretty weird. I know i'm not afraid of height, i actually like it. But i panic and get overly scarred when going up high. Once i realise i'm not afraid i suddenly get at ease. But as soon as i re-try i freak out again.. Anything is scarry despite knowing i don't fear them, the simple thought of behing scared freak me out and i often get emotional break down and throw a tantrum when forced to face my 'fears' which obviously never work because i don't have any actual fear, i'm just scarred of fear itself lmao

For my trauma, it was a silly lil dream but i woke up still feeling the fly in my eye and i was actually IRL rubbing my eye hard against my matress just like how in my dream i was rubbing my face on the ground, that left me scarred to death by anything that fly, no matter how unarmful it is-- I sometime don,t seem to get scarred of fly, but i honestly freak out if i see anything flying, even butterfly are hellish creature

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Elevators. They terrify me. Everything about them makes me uncomfortable.

You have automatic doors that could crush you, or you could get stuck in the doorway as it goes up if it malfunctions, or the elevator could fall, or there could be a fire and you are trapped.
Elevators are terrifying and I will just take the stairs thank yooooou.

miiiiyuuu

Inkling
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-0363-3436-1912
I have tryphobia,im also scared of the dark and im REAALLLYYY SCAREED of hallucinations and death (even though i almost never have hallucinations)

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I have a phobia of nail clippers, or anything that sounds like them. When I was young I found my mum's nail clippers and tried to use them to cut my own nails, but I had no idea what I was doing. I put them right at the middle of the nail and pushed down on them, and just about folded my whole nail flat in the process (my nails are naturally very curved). It only caused a little bit of actual pain, but it looked and felt so completely, skin-crawlingly horrible that I've never been able to get it out of my head. Whenever I see or hear a pair of nail clippers (or anything that makes a similar noise) I can't help but visualise my nails being pulled out or mangled, and it makes me literally cringe with disgust.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Surprisingly, it's not hights.

Let me explain. I am absolutely LOVE tall places. But I'm scared of falling off those tall heights. My favorite map is morray towers, but if I focus on the background, I get so freaked out because we're waaaaay up there.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
Sharp objects(blades, needles, etc.) very graphic piercing, stabbing or slicing scenes in movies and shows
Arachnids, especially large spiders and ticks
Roaches
Rodents(all of them...)
Holes, intensities
Heights
Hospitals, wards, surgeries
Boiler rooms or creepy basements
Okay...I guess I have no balls. lmao

Last edited:

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I hate spiders, roachs, and grasshoppers/crickets. I once saw a spider in my room, but it disappeared so I slept in the living room. My cat also brought a live cricket into the house, specifically in my room. That demon was hopping all over the place and I was doing my best not to scream and wake up the whole house. Luckily my cat caught it and ate it.

I have this fear of people looking through my windows so I always keep the curtains closed.

I'm also scared of authority figures. They're very intimidating and hard to talk to. This actually gets in the way of school work sometimes, I've had nice teachers that I could talk to, but all my other teachers scared me so I found it hard to talk to them about assignments or ask them for help.

I also find monkeys really creepy.

Cephalobro

Well, time to tell what things I'm afraid of. First are heights, I remember crossing a wobbly bridge then seeing a running river far below the bridge, the scares pile up when someone stomps on the bridge on purpose or some other method to make it wobble even more. Second, believe it or not are wasps, not so much bees since I know they only sting when threatened, but wasps are definitely a no go when I see one. I remember there was a wasp nest right at the porch of my former apartment, needless to say, I was afraid to go to the porch, especially when the ceiling was so low. Thankfully, that nest became abandoned as time went on.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Can idiocy and the lack of common sense from people be one?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I have an irrational phobia of snakes

N8ter

Inkling
NNID
N8ter
Switch Friend Code
SW-1479-1762-9301
I fear everyone secretly hating me. Like I always watch people's little details, to see if they actually mean what they say. Sorry, I grew up with alot of my peers lying and talking about me behind my back. I've formed some sort of paranoia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom