• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Player archetypes in Splatoon

RealEpic21

Inkling
NNID
RealEpic21
Switch Friend Code
SW-0225-8332-0439
I know this thread is sort of old, but if anyone still uses it, I have one question: Is it possible for there to be a tactician that is decent at every position but defender. I'm not terrible with defender, but I think I'm more of a attacker/controller/supporter/carrier or a slayer-supporter. Would I still be a considered a tactician or would I be a different role?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Wow hard to believe I posted this thread over 3 years ago and it still getting attention

@RealEpic21
Sorry for the delay but also thanks your post actually got me back into splatoon, again the weapon list I had made shows that there are natural strengths each weapon has, and as a player there are playstyles we prefer.
Preference does not mean you are not a tactician, rather it is more the way you go about handling the battle.
***Which was the main reason I believe any weapon can be a tactician

A Tactician simply means you are playing chess, you know how your team will work and as you play you will start to pick up patterns on how the enemy team is working.
Then using that knowledge play to your strengths, or compensating for your own team's weaknesses.

RealEpic21

Inkling
NNID
RealEpic21
Switch Friend Code
SW-0225-8332-0439
Wow hard to believe I posted this thread over 3 years ago and it still getting attention

@RealEpic21
Sorry for the delay but also thanks your post actually got me back into splatoon, again the weapon list I had made shows that there are natural strengths each weapon has, and as a player there are playstyles we prefer.
Preference does not mean you are not a tactician, rather it is more the way you go about handling the battle.
***Which was the main reason I believe any weapon can be a tactician

A Tactician simply means you are playing chess, you know how your team will work and as you play you will start to pick up patterns on how the enemy team is working.
Then using that knowledge play to your strengths, or compensating for your own team's weaknesses.
Ok, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom