• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokémon Social: Tentacruel Version

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, there was a Direct a few hours ago. Y'all probably watched it by now, but to sum up:
  • Pokken Tournament coming to the Swiitch in September
  • 3DSVC getting rereleases of Gold & Silver the same day Pokken DX comes out
  • The apparent Gen.7 sequels Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon coming mid-November.
Now I've never played Pokken at all, though I considered getting it for my Wii U back then. This one being a better version (with extra modes and a new character to boot), I may have to revisit that option.

The lack of Crystal is a shame, but I don't particularly care. Gold and Silver are the games I grew up with, and I'd jump at any chance to play them again without the battery dying on me. So pardon me while I go squeal like a raging fangirl over in the corner for a while...

And of course, there's the big one. Sun and Moon sequels. Looks like they're going for the Black/White 2 route this time, both in appearance and essence—even going for the "random 3rd legendary trio member fuses with the other two" gimmick. Can't wait to see what they do with Blackened Bat and Panthera Prisma, although I'll probably hold off on getting them until I learn what the version exclusives are.

EDIT: Holy cow, people are actually complaining about this? Yikes...

Last edited:

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Opinions are still opinions, but People will complain and hate on about pretty much everything now a days. There is no pleasing people this time around. One half of the fan base will love something where as the next will completely spit on it. But oh well. It wouldn't be a fan base without that sort of thing thing I suppose.

Regardless though, I am pretty hyped for both!
I used to play Pokken competitive for a bit, but stopped due to the lack of content, so this will be real nice. As for Pokemon Ultra, this is something to also look forward too ha ha! I wonder how they will continue it. I wonder if the main character is still considered the champion.
So much questions, very exciting indeed. A continuation of Sun and Moon was questionable from the beginning since it felt as if they skipped X and Y.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, this sure won't address your content concerns unless there's a surprise coming, Achamo.

Personally, I'm ambivalent. There's nothing strictly "new" here and I've played all these a good amount so I'll probably pass on the lot.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Hmm. Now that I think about it, It does seem like a lot of people have already gotten a bit bored of Alola specifically quite quickly.
I can genuinely see why; at least in a certain aspect. A lot of the Alola Pokémon designs were not the best.--Of course this is just an opinion. I was not fond of almost all of the Pokémon in this one other than a few.

I guess it makes sense why there has been a good share of folks who are disappointed on this "Pokemon Sun 2, and Pokemon Moon 2" Game.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
General consensus that I've seen is that most of the Alolan Pokémon would be more beloved if they weren't so slow and had better movepools. Which is fair, I guess, but... ah, I got nuthin'.

Personally, my main issue with Alola was the seeming lack of focus on the trials after Team Skull hijacks the plot midway through Ula'Ula Island. It's stuff like Nanu challenging you to a battle just before you leave for Æther Paradise and the Dragon + Fairy "trials" just kinda happening that leads me to believe that they spent the better part of their effort on the main story, leaving that particular gimmick to suffer a bit. If they bring it back for Ultra Sun/Moon, I hope they get a little more focus.

That and the lack of diverse & powerful 'mons to fight over the course of the game, though that's an issue which plagues the entire series, really.

Moving on, now that I've read through most of the complaints, it seems the most common is that people wanted this to be on the Swiitch. I don't really get it, considering that Pokémon generations have never moved onto newer consoles within generations (Crystal aside, but that's different). Now if Ultra Sun/Moon were merely enhanced DX versions of the originals (a la Pokken & MK8), I suppose the argument would hold more weight. But that doesn't seem to be what Game Freak's going for, at least not from what I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom