• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokémon Social: Tentacruel Version

D

Deleted Member

I can't live without sneasel, weavile or staravia. I need them on my team practically every gen to date now.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I can't live without sneasel, weavile or staravia. I need them on my team practically every gen to date now.

Haha, I feel the same way when it comes to Torchic, Trapinch, Chimchar, Riolu, Mienfoo, and Fennekin.
Those are my top 6 favs in general, and it's a team of 6 I can't play without!

Their evolution are all really great too so those also count~

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Well I guess I'll just pop in here real quick...

I've been playing since 3rd generation and Ruby/OR is my all time favorite. Weirdly enough, my favorite pokemon is Spinda. I used to hate it. But I was running a Ruby Nuzlocke once and I was forced into catching and using a Spinda and he beasted everything he came up against and won me over. I know I just got lucky on his stats, but ever since then, I almost always have to have a Spinda on my team. I'm working on breeding the optimum Spinda. My favorite starters are Bulbasaur, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, I didn't really like any of the 5th gen starters, but I chose Tepig, and Froakie for 6th gen. Of all of them, it's a tossup between Bulbasaur and Torchic. Bulba because he's the sleeper hit of the original 3. He actually has the best stats of all of them. I once scientifically devised how Bulba was the superior 1st gen starter with graphs and everything. Torchic for nostalgia reasons. He was the first pokemon I ever trained all the way up to level 100. Fireball the Blaziken was the real MVP.

I am SUPER stoked for Pokken Tournament. Already have it preordered. And I'm very interested to see if Detective Pikachu gets a US release. And the year is young. I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't a new main-series game this year for the 20th anniversary.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Wobbuffet is life and anyone who disagrees needs to re-think their life decisions.

Also any guys who have played through these games as a girl get props from me. I'm not one for all this political correctness bull (noone has the right to not be offended) but I don't think that there should be stigma over where you opt to use data byte 1 or data byte 2.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I started a Torchic/Ralts duo run in Emerald thinking it might be a little more challenging than a full & balanced team. I found out it's actually Easy Mode. Also, having 4 Zigzagoons in one party means you never have to buy potions, x-items, repels, or escape ropes ever again.

GleamEyes

Inkling
NNID
gleameyes23
My starter is Noivern, because bat-dragons sound like the coolest thing ever. I even own a Noibat named Drop D. Bass (hur hur).

And I'm still waiting for my pea**** Pokemon, Game Freak. That's just too easy to pass up.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yep, Pokémon Sun & Moon versions confirmed to drop later this year. And the 'mons you get in the Gen. 1 rereleases can be transfered to the... Pokémon Bank (I'll have to look that one up).

EDIT: Confirmation here

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, I have to commend the programmers behind the Pokemon ports. Adding wi-fi and internet support to a 20-year-old shoddily programmed game boy game must have been extremely difficult.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll wait and see what the new Pokémon are and what the version exclusives will look like before I decide which one to get.

Currently I'm debating whether I should get Red/Blue or Yellow. It boils down to basically, do I want a free Pikachu, better-looking sprites, and tougher opponents at the expense of not being able to get a Raichu? (I'm leaning toward the former for that reason.)

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi

This is a Poke'medley I put together for those who love Poke'mixes~
Enjoy!

Share it with friends if you can~

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Look in my eyes and tell me the owl isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. I dare you.

Seriously, Rowlet might be one of my new favorite starters. I've always picked the Grass starter ever since Blue Version, and I'm hyped for this one!

Also has anyone noticed that the Fire starters all seem to be based on the Chinese zodiac?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Also has anyone noticed that the Fire starters all seem to be based on the Chinese zodiac?
Foxes and cats are not part of that Zodiac. Cyndaquil's Fire Mouse description is based on the Japanese name for hedgehog which is needlemouse which of course gets lost in translation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom