• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokémon Social: Tentacruel Version

Jakkie

Full Squid
Turtwig is my favorite Pokemon, and my first starter. I started off playing Platinum, then went to Soul Silver, then White. But sadly I haven't done an actual run since like, 3 years ago. ;~:

But I recently got a new 3DS XL, a used one, but it suits my needs. And I got X and Alpha Sapphire, but I haven't started ether of them yet. And since I can get the Gameboy generation of Pokemon with ease, cause you know, internet.

So I guess this would be a good time to get back in the Poke-Groove.

Last edited:

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
There's a bundle coming in February with a New Nintendo 3DS, a pre installed digital copy of both Red And Blue, and two face plates. All in all, not a bad bundle.

But...why both?

They're practically the same game, and it's impossible to trade between two pokemon gams on the same system. And from what I heard when people transferred stuff from their old 3DS to the New version, any pre-installed games are stuck on that system and can't be transferred to another one. And the old system deletes any leftover data.

It would have been better if they released two of them, one with Red, and one with Blue.

---
On a note that makes more sense, Nintendo will be releasing a legendary for the newer games once a month, starting in February and going on through December.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
I'm just gonna mozy on in here and insert myself, because Pokemon.

I never did understand why people would buy both games of the same generation. They always have special bonuses at like Gamestop & stuff for if you buy both too, like buy them both and get a free poster or something. Like, sure, they have some small differences, but honestly, they're insignificant in the long run. Who's gonna play through the same game twice just to access like one area with slightly different pokemon? You can always just trade for them or something.

New legendaries sounds awesome. :D As if it wasn't hard enough to keep up with all the new Pokemans as it is xD

(Also, Dragonite for life. <3 )

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm just gonna mozy on in here and insert myself, because Pokemon.

I never did understand why people would buy both games of the same generation. They always have special bonuses at like Gamestop & stuff for if you buy both too, like buy them both and get a free poster or something. Like, sure, they have some small differences, but honestly, they're insignificant in the long run. Who's gonna play through the same game twice just to access like one area with slightly different pokemon? You can always just trade for them or something.

New legendaries sounds awesome. :D As if it wasn't hard enough to keep up with all the new Pokemans as it is xD

(Also, Dragonite for life. <3 )
Some of us have been lifetime fans. Since the age of four I've grown side by side with it. I buy both versions of the game just for the sake of having both. I play the one I prefer, but I still have both. This isn't an "I'm a bigger fan" type thing, I'm just explaining why some of us do it. It's just like collecting all the amiibo despite only liking a select few.

Plus it helps that over time they go up in value for some reason. I mean, I could sell my HG/SS for nearly 200 bucks now, I'm not going to, but they become collectibles is my point.

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
I'm a lifetime fan as well, which is why I don't get it xD I've owned/played a game from every generation since red/blue, but I just don't get the need to own 2 copies of almost identical games... Seems so counter-intuitive. I guess I can understand from a collector's standpoint though, since you don't actually do anything with collectibles but... own & display them xD

There's no way HG/SS go for $200? It didn't come out that long ago... like 2009/10 right? It was my freshman year of college so I think that's about right...

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
If anyone grew up with one other sibling, you know how convenient it is as Pokemon players as each of you gets one version of the game per gen, and completing your Pokedex as far as version exclusives is easily remedied. >:3
Plus, you can *kinda* say you have both versions... heh

But then we'd always have to fight over Yellow, Crystal, etc. haha

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
Luckily for me, my only sibling is my sister, who's 6 years younger, so we never really had to fight over Pokemans. She was too young to get into it when I was into it, and by the time she was old enough to get it, there wasn't much competitiveness there. She'd just play the games when I was done with them xD

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Been playing through Emerald. Just Double Kicked Norman's teeth in with a Lvl 32 Combusken. For some reason, I remember him being a lot harder in Ruby. I did build a fighting team just for him though, so that may have something to do with it.

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
Are there any games in the series that you guys found particularly hard/easy compared to the rest of the series?

For me, Diamond/Pearl were alot harder than any of the other generations I've played. Toward the end, right before the Elite 4, I found myself grinding on level 41-42 pokemon (which were the highest I could find) for a very long time, trying to raise my pokes to level 55-60... It was a struggle. I don't remember if I actually ever ended up finishing & beating the game. It got tedious so I took a break for a while.

As far as easy goes, X/Y were definitely the easiest for me. That exp party share was OP.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm a lifetime fan as well, which is why I don't get it xD I've owned/played a game from every generation since red/blue, but I just don't get the need to own 2 copies of almost identical games... Seems so counter-intuitive. I guess I can understand from a collector's standpoint though, since you don't actually do anything with collectibles but... own & display them xD

There's no way HG/SS go for $200? It didn't come out that long ago... like 2009/10 right? It was my freshman year of college so I think that's about right...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Hea...466447?hash=item5b1b90500f:g:n6AAAOSwuTxWAFbs

Lol, that's the lowest you'll find it with the Pokewalker. Either way, it's worth quite a bit more, even though it's only a few years old. I mean, nobody thought the originals would be worth 250+ dollars when they came out, that isn't the case so much anymore.

I'm a collector, which is both a blessing and a curse, but if you aren't you won't understand.

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
That's pretty wild, but it's also for a brand new complete game. I'm no collector, but I'm fairly certain the value depreciates considerably if you've actually unboxed & used the products. xD But then again, I don't know, maybe you have a spare set that you've haven't used? Either way, I can't believe these games are going for so much in such a short amount of time!

I'm not a collector, but it's not a very hard concept to grasp :P

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
That's pretty wild, but it's also for a brand new complete game. I'm no collector, but I'm fairly certain the value depreciates considerably if you've actually unboxed & used the products. xD But then again, I don't know, maybe you have a spare set that you've haven't used? Either way, I can't believe these games are going for so much in such a short amount of time!

I'm not a collector, but it's not a very hard concept to grasp :p
Lol, it's something I picked up from my dad. I have one I play, and one (in many cases two) I keep in box, sealed, and stored in a safe case. Like I said previously, I don't intend to sell any of the second games I've got, though if I did, I'd be pretty loaded lol. Oh, the life of a collector. . . Thankfully I bought them all at MSRP.

Succubusty

Inkling
NNID
Succubusty
Well, hey. Maybe in another 10-15 years, they'll be worth a sweet grand or something. xD Talk about a major investment. I just can't believe they're worth so much already.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Are there any games in the series that you guys found particularly hard/easy compared to the rest of the series?

For me, Diamond/Pearl were alot harder than any of the other generations I've played. Toward the end, right before the Elite 4, I found myself grinding on level 41-42 pokemon (which were the highest I could find) for a very long time, trying to raise my pokes to level 55-60... It was a struggle. I don't remember if I actually ever ended up finishing & beating the game. It got tedious so I took a break for a while.

As far as easy goes, X/Y were definitely the easiest for me. That exp party share was OP.
Black and White.
Specifically, uh, the final boss in the story's signature Pokémon...
GHETSIS AND HYDREIGON

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Dunno if this is Pokemon worthy, but i've been playing Pocket Morty's.... it's a pretty accurate pokemon spinoff.

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
I never did understand why people would buy both games of the same generation.
It's easier to SR your own Pokemon (in terms of legendaries/one time encounters) than it is to trade for good ones, and those who do want those particular Pokemon will gladly play the game again to get to them. That and having more than one game of a given generation means you can claim more than one copy of an event, meaning you can have multiples of an event Pokemon and/or claim for others who can't do so themselves due to region locking.

Just my experience with it anyway from having been a part of a somewhat large trading community.

Also, Porygon best Pokemon (re: hi) ;A;

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
It's easier to SR your own Pokemon (in terms of legendaries/one time encounters) than it is to trade for good ones, and those who do want those particular Pokemon will gladly play the game again to get to them. That and having more than one game of a given generation means you can claim more than one copy of an event, meaning you can have multiples of an event Pokemon and/or claim for others who can't do so themselves due to region locking.

Just my experience with it anyway from having been a part of a somewhat large trading community.

Also, Porygon best Pokemon (re: hi) ;A;
This justifies my pokemon life. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom