• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Yeah, the Pokemon Refresh was something they had in their last game, Pokemon X and Y; where it first originated from, and it was enjoyed so much by the fans, they of course brought it back. Not to mention, showing love and interacting with your Pokemon was something Game Freak always wanted, and aimed towards for the longest time. This time it was more enhanced~

Glad to see you're one of the folks enjoying it!
A little tip for the Pokemon Refresh, if you end up maxing up your Pokemon's Affection level, they provide special bonuses for you in battles, such as dodging attacks more often and much more; just to make you smile. When feeding your Pokemon, the Rainbow looking bean, it increases the affection level by quite a lot in one serving!

As for Lillie, and Nebby. Ha Ha, just you wait and see!
Happy Gaming, Trainer! ♪

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ah. I see. That explains why my hunter tri-squad gleefully shrug off status ailments pretty regularly and their flavour text actions.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ah. I see. That explains why my hunter tri-squad gleefully shrug off status ailments pretty regularly and their flavour text actions.
Embrace the power of love and friendship and then use that power to HARVEST THE SOULS FROM YOUR ENEMIES :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Think I've found a problem with this game. Sometimes, when running about the neighborhood or around an NPC I'll absentmindedly tap ZR on my N3DS a few times. Nothing happens. I wonder why. Realize why. Tap ZR a couple more times. To make sure. Nothing happens still.

Either I need an intervention, this is a glitch, or a crossover is necessary!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A mandatory legendary battle IMMEDIATELY after the elite four? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! I don't care that you can try again, though I was extra livid until I learned that you can try again... BY DOING THE ENTIRE DAMNED ELITE FOUR. That is a COLOSSAL waste of time. This game has the best game world and a great set of pokemon, but design decisions throughout are unacceptable. Pokemon Stars better clean up a lot of this nonsense or I am gonna pass it right over.

I put up with this game and managed to have a good time despite it's SOS bullshit and obnoxious ride pokemon and other problems, but that's the proverbial straw. I beat it, on the shelf it goes for real this time!

edit: Good god why do games have to have endgame sequences that are a billion years long? Even after murdering the legendary it's STILL GOING? I just wanted to save my progress and turn it off but there's another twenty minutes of cutscenes and credits and hell if I'm sitting through all that crap. JUST SAY A WINNER IS YOU AND GO BACK TO THE DAMNED TITLE SCREEN!

Last edited:

KannaMango93

Inkster Jr.
A mandatory legendary battle IMMEDIATELY after the elite four? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?! I don't care that you can try again, though I was extra livid until I learned that you can try again... BY DOING THE ENTIRE DAMNED ELITE FOUR. That is a COLOSSAL waste of time. This game has the best game world and a great set of pokemon, but design decisions throughout are unacceptable. Pokemon Stars better clean up a lot of this nonsense or I am gonna pass it right over.

I put up with this game and managed to have a good time despite it's SOS bullshit and obnoxious ride pokemon and other problems, but that's the proverbial straw. I beat it, on the shelf it goes for real this time!

edit: Good god why do games have to have endgame sequences that are a billion years long? Even after murdering the legendary it's STILL GOING? I just wanted to save my progress and turn it off but there's another twenty minutes of cutscenes and credits and hell if I'm sitting through all that crap. JUST SAY A WINNER IS YOU AND GO BACK TO THE DAMNED TITLE SCREEN!
Yeah, that battle came out of nowhere... As the stories have become more and more developed, cutscenes have been getting longer and longer, which has made a lot of us impatient. I didn't expect to battle the legendary right after beating the Elite Four either and I was pretty unprepared, but I think the biggest offender for me was at the end of the Delta Episode of ORAS (if you haven't played it yet and don't like spoilers, don't read any further), where you fight the legendary, catch it, and then after 10 more minutes of cutscenes, you're thrust into ANOTHER legendary battle with a pokemon 10 levels higher than the last (and no saving in between these battles either). To me, that REALLY came out of left-field and I was mildly frustrated that I resorted to actually beating it instead of catching it like I would have hoped... ._.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Alola Folks! I hope you're all enjoying your journey in the Alola Region!
Today I bring to you yet again more news.

As usual, taken from serebii.

In The Games Department

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Magearna

The Mythical Pokémon Magearna is now available for North American Pokémon Sun & Moon players through a QR Code released on the official website. To get it, simply scan the QR code provided into the QR Scanner in the game and it will allow for you to go to Hau'oli City's Mall to collect Magearna after becoming the Champion in the game. This can only be scanned once per game. It is Level 50 and comes with a Bottle Cap attached. This code does not expire.

That's all for today!
As usual, I'll be keeping y'all updated as soon as more news rolls by!
Happy journey, trainers!

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Haaaaaaaaaas anyone else heard about the Pokemon Stars rumor? I've seen it in a few places and finally decided to look it up, and it appears that generation 7's third version is getting a Switch port in 2017 with better graphics.

(the following are rumors, please take with a grain of salt)
From what I've also read there will be an actual Alola League with gyms, and the return of the Pokewalk feature. This was intended to be in S/M but the 3DS couldn't handle the data.

Some are saying that this will be a release title, while other sources state that this will be released in summer 2017. As awesome as this sounds, I feel like it's a bit too soon to get a 3rd version. I mean, I'll be happy when I get it, but I like at least a year between games. Even the gap between X/Y and ORAS seemed a bit too small. But if this is true... yeah... it'll be cool or something.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, the rumor may have gotten started as early as before the Sun/Moon release. After release it was confirmed(?) and named Star(s?).

Didn't really feel like waiting a season to a year for... remake? And I don't think I'll really bother with it once I complete Sun and can just replay it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Alola Trainers~!
Hope y'all doing fine.
I bring to you yet more updates regarding Pokemon Sun and Moon.

In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon - CoroCoro Gift

A special distribution has been announced to be in this month's issue of CoroCoro. To continue the recent addition of Rockruff as the mascot of the magazine, the special distribution is to give you special Rockruff enhancement tools. In the magazine, you will receive a code which will give you a Lucky Egg and Choice Band in Pokémon Sun, or a Lucky Egg and Choice Scarf in Pokémon Moon. The code will run from December 15th 2016 to February 14th 2017.

That's all for now!
Will get more into that as it rolls around the corner. Will keep updated!

Happy adventuring! ♪

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Achamo, serebii.net and google exist. I'm not sure who'd be relying on your posts for pokemon news.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*nervously raises hand* ¬¬;; Sorta?

Until Achamo's previous announcement, I didn't realise serebii.net had a news section... that I likely won't keep up with. Though I would have found out about the mystery gift stuff... eventually...

In fact, until something like two weeks ago, bulbapedia and serebii were entirely new things to me that I use to reference noob stuff like "why wont plant thing evolve" or "how u mak pokebabbe."

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The news is the default landing page, but fair enough really.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I used to be a very active member on Serebii forums so I still visit the site regularly for news and to look up movesets and stats and item locations and stuff, I just don't post on there. That's where I got my now terrifyingly extensive knowlegde of Pokemon from.

I actually wrote one of their Pokemon of the Week articles too

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Achamo, serebii.net and google exist. I'm not sure who'd be relying on your posts for pokemon news.
Not everyone knows or is willing to check Serebii too often (or at all) mind you; as you can clearly see yourself.
If anything, I am also doing a favor for those who rarely check the sites/wiki, yet use this forums much more frequently so that they may stay updated.

Also, I'd appreciate you keeping your opinions to yourself.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Not everyone knows or is willing to check Serebii too often (or at all) mind you; as you can clearly see yourself.
If anything, I am also doing a favor for those who rarely check the sites/wiki, yet use this forums much more frequently so that they may stay updated.

Thank you in advance.
When I care what you think, I'll be sure to let you know. Judging by your classy response, the feeling is mutual, I'd have been happy to make amends and let it go otherwise. By all means, continue your write-ups for the increasingly dwindling count of active members on this forum, and I will continue to refrain from keeping my opinions to myself.

Maple

Inkling
When I care what you think, I'll be sure to let you know. Judging by your classy response, the feeling is mutual, I'd have been happy to make amends and let it go otherwise. By all means, continue your write-ups for the increasingly dwindling count of active members on this forum, and I will continue to refrain from keeping my opinions to myself.
hi there. can you NOT try to start an argument on this thread? if you do ill report you to the admin/mods. lets be considerate pls and ty.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
hi there. can you NOT try to start an argument on this thread? if you do ill report you to the admin/mods. lets be considerate pls and ty.
That's all I was going to say on the matter, so do as you please.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was caught off-guard by this game, not gonna lie. I mean, I knew ahead of time it was going to be different, but all the changes that they made kinda messed with my psyche a bit. Never before have I ever actually been surprised by a Pokémon game; it's mostly a refreshing feeling, but due to my grind-heavy style of playing it ended up taking a bit longer to beat the game than it should have.

That the game proved to be an actual challenge most of the time helped a bit as well, though I still can never forgive that damn Wishiwashi and Lurantis for the grief they gave me.

Speaking of which, I must pause here for a second:

&

All hail the great Toucannon Sam, slayer of gods, Totems, and abusive parents. All hail the great Lycanroc Geowulf, the true Champion of Alola. Without these two bastards I'd still be stuck overgrinding in the Poni Canyon.

My only real complaints about the game are the S.O.S. system—that it's slightly less annoying than Earthbound's doesn't make it any less annoying—and the Gen. V EXP system making a comeback—it was bad then and it's bad now.

Everything else about the game is damn good, s'far as I'm concerned. I've set it aside for the time being, however. I'm neither mentally prepared for the postgame stuff, nor am I willing to grind my guys some more to compensate. So I've instead opted to wait until the Bank opens up; that way I can shuttle my already-highly-leveled Gen. 1/6 'mons over to deal with everything without having to rely on Revive spam yet again.

Wothur

Full Squid
NNID
Wothur
God I love Pyukumuku so much.

(That's not how opinions work, btw)

Actually, I would LOVE to see an argument on this thread.

Wheat or White bread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom