• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Just to nitpick, Omegy Ruby/Alpha Sapphire had the bank accessible from day one. And what a joy that was.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Digging through videos on character customization and... the cornrows for both genders look laughably terrible, while all the boy's hairstyles came off as "meh" to me. Probably going with the girl's romantic tuck style.

Just to nitpick, Omegy Ruby/Alpha Sapphire had the bank accessible from day one. And what a joy that was.
Care to share?

And what's this thing about "shiny hunting"? Do they do something extra beyond being a different colour?

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
The VGC ran a Hoenn only rule where Pokebank Pokemon were unusable and banned; essentially what they are currently doing with Alola.

@Ansible Regarding Shiny hunting, shiny Pokemon have no benefits other than just a color scheme.
Some just look quite appealing to the eye. Hunting for them can also be quite tedious without using a specific method.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The VGC ran a Hoenn only rule where Pokebank Pokemon were unusable and banned. Essentially what they are currently doing with Alola.
If I cared about that, I'm sure that'd be notable. As it stands I don't even know what VGC stands for. As someone strictly on the casual side of things, you know, like a lot of pokemon players, that bugs me slightly.

Care to share?

And what's this thing about "shiny hunting"? Do they do something extra beyond being a different colour?
Thanks to the wonders of the Pokemon Bank, I played through Alpha Sapphire with a level 5 Mew that I had stored away for 4 years. That was a one-of-a-kind, magical experience that would have never happened otherwise, and I want to play more of these games like that :P As for shinies, they're palette swaps. Same mon, different colors. People lose their minds over this for some reason, I've never understood the appeal myself. Some shiny colorations are hideous as well - Dragonite, I'm looking at you.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
As it stands I don't even know what VGC stands for.
The acronym VGC stands for Video Game Championship, where PokeBank was not allowed near the early release of "ORAS", ergo why it is not allowed once again this year for Sun and Moon. (Partly a reason why it is being delayed.)

On another note, This game is quite enjoyable as anticipated. I'm loving the fashion choices.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The acronym VGC stands for Video Game Championship, where PokeBank was not allowed near the early release of "ORAS", ergo why it is not allowed once again this year for Sun and Moon. (Partly a reason why it is being delayed.)

On another note, This game is quite enjoyable as anticipated. I'm loving the fashion choices.
Well that's boring. Ah well.

I'm still working on the tutorial segments. Seems longer than usual, almost. Hopefully they'll make that optional someday, maybe with a "Do you know what you're doing? > yes > Are you SURE? > yes" prompt.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
All I know is that, like mega evolutions, they're limited to 1 per team and take up an item slot, which massively limits their usefulness.

And greed doesn't give Nintendo or any other company a pass.
I didn't mean to imply that it was excusable. Just that it was a probable reason for limited save files.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I didn't mean to imply that it was excusable. Just that it was a probable reason for limited save files.
No worries.

Anyway, I'm digging it so far, as always I appreciate the little improvements, like being able to add caught mons to the party regardless of team status and the computer going directly to the boxes (cause no one uses the deposit and withdraw functions).

Gotta say, the game scared the bejeesus out of me last night. I was playing at midnight when the clock ticked over to the next day, and well, today's my birthday. I head to the pokemon center to heal, and the lights stop turning on. Then they flash and there's confetti and congratulations. Thanks Nintendo but the way that went down I thought my game crashed and I hadn't saved in a while, eesh! :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What moron at game freak thought that wild pokemon being able to call for help was a good idea? It just makes pokemon catching unbelievably tedious! I'm trying to catch something, it summoned another fricking mon, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I kill the other one it IMMEDIATELY summons another before I can act! I kill the first one, the new one starts doing it! After the eighth summon of this particular fight I just turned the game off, that is such a bullshit mechanic and it puts me off trying to catch anything.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon- 3DS Themes

Following their reveal and release in Japan and North America on Friday, it has been confirmed that Europe will get the special Sun & Moon 3DS themes on Wednesday for £1.79/€1.99. he first is the Pokemon: Solgaleo & Lunala which features special art of the two legendary Pokémon of Sun & Moon. It has the Adventure Begins music from Pokémon Sun & Moon.
Secondly is the Pokemon: Tropical which features artwork of the starter Pokémon and various Alola Pokémon. It has the Melemele Island 1 music from Sun & Moon.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, that's it for me. Reached my breaking point, put the game back in it's box and on the shelf.

Go to catch a magby, a farking BABY POKEMON, with my Cubone that's 12 levels higher, and this leads to a long drawn out fight where I can't run or switch because of fire spin, Cubone's damage is nerfed because it got burned, and every time I killed one of the magby horde it was immediately replaced. Cubone got killed by baby pokemon. Nope, not having it, since this nonsense will just continue throughout the game.

So that's that. Hope it goes better for all of you!

Maave

Inkling Commander
I juuuust got it and the Sun/Moon New 3DS XL since I never got a 3DS. I've played for like 5 minutes, don't even a pokemon yet, and I'm itching for a map so that I can start adventuring. Even minutes in I already like the details in the world like detail text on your family Meowth's cat toys.

I do wish GameFreak would work on those Pokemon noises though ... they still sound like 8bit death screeches.

Efuramu

Inkling
NNID
FireEmblemGamer
So, I picked up Moon at release and I kinda beat it in 4 days. It was such a refreshing game for such a stale series. I loved seeing all of the new crazy Pokemon and the level of difficulty was actually satisfactory this time around. I hope GameFreak continues to do different things with Pokemon. Also, for the anime, I hope that this could be the last time we see Ash but y'know... he's immortal and all and a great punching bag whenever he enters a league.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So, I picked up Moon at release and I kinda beat it in 4 days. It was such a refreshing game for such a stale series. I loved seeing all of the new crazy Pokemon and the level of difficulty was actually satisfactory this time around. I hope GameFreak continues to do different things with Pokemon. Also, for the anime, I hope that this could be the last time we see Ash but y'know... he's immortal and all and a great punching bag whenever he enters a league.
So did you do anything else besides Pokemon? :P

Efuramu

Inkling
NNID
FireEmblemGamer
So did you do anything else besides Pokemon? :p
Lol, I played a bit of Splatoon in between periods when my 3ds was charging. I just couldn't bear to be apart from my Lycanroc-Midnight form for more than a few hours.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Alola, Folks. ♪
Hope you're all enjoying the latest Sun & Moon game!

I bring you current news regarding Sun & Moon related things:
As usual taken straight from serebii.

In The Games Department
Nintendo Badge Arcade

The free piece of Nintendo 3DS software, Nintendo Badge Arcade, had its weekly update in North America and with this update, it has added several Pokémon badges based on Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon, all of which were previously released in Japan.

Example of some:

That is all for now.
Happy gaming! ♪

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Just now starting. Is it me or are we not able to take in-game screenshots?

A few quick thoughts
  • Still not sure if I like the camera. Kinda reminds me of the camera work in early Playstation 1 era games, though refined.
  • We'll see if I run into the call for help shenanigans soon. Hearing that as a MAJOR complaint throughout.
  • The refresh, pet care thingy is amusing, but probably can get tedious later on.
  • I gain a stall in my festival plaza. "What's this about breeding? Thump-Bump Park... looks like I'm gonna have hours of innuendo filled fun!"
  • In many games I will run around in tiny circles. This game does that and turns it into a twirl!! ♥♥

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I got over my poke-hump with the help of some advice from a friend. Quick balls are love :p Call for help battles aren't a problem when my choices are success or murder.

Can I just say that I love all of the new pokemon? ALL of them, alolan variants included. People complain about the small pokemon counts, but I think that works in their favor, they've been going for quality over quantity. Lots of new signature moves too! The personality in this tropical bunch of beasts is fantastic. This game has some serious problems mechanically (Festival Plaza should be burned to the ground), but the setting and characters are top-notch!

Also Alolan Persian is a wonderful money-making tank and will always be my team's frontrunner :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom