• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
OMG those starters look ugly af. I really hope that their evolutions look closer to pokemon from some of the older games. It's a bit cliché to say at this point, but they older pokemon just looked more, 'realistic' and... likable, I guess. These starters look a bit, simple and uninspired, but it could just be the 3D. I always liked the 2D games better anyway.

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
Urgh... The release date for Europe is later, again. Everywhere else but Europe gets it the same day. This sucks so bad...

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I can't say I'm really impressed with the Pokemon choices. They look...weird? At least to me that is. They look uninspired. I guess the owl is a new intake on Pokemon and such...but they don't look as great. As well as the legendaries don't really impress me either. I may get it at a later date, but for now I'm unmoved by it.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now that I have a chance to actually watch the trailer... damn, is it ever cheesy. And heartwarming.

I'm not too impressed with Popplio, even though the circus clown theme is intriguing, but the owl and Litten get my vote—the former for its less-cutesy-more-realistic look, the latter for being a literal hellcat. So edgy. The new legendaries are pretty cool too; the lion looks like Entei on steroids, and the moon guy is a bit... bizarre, but in a good way.

I'll admit, I was kinda hoping we were gonna get a Spain-themed place, but I can accept Hoenn 2.0. Looks to me like they're going for a more tribal/totemic/island cultural theme here; can't wait to see how it pays off.

D

Deleted Member

I'm not really that hyped but I'm gonna buy it anyway.
The designs kinda seem like Pokemon took a U-turn down furry town... and furry town has no exits.
All around I hope there's something to spark my interest to actually engage me into the game, cause if not I'll just complete the main story and leave it.

bbninjas

Inkling
I'm not a big fan of any of the new Pokemon, though my favourite starter is Popplio. The legendaries in particular are not sparking my interest like legends such as Xerneas did. :/

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Man, personally I think Popplio is the ugliest one. He looks like if Spheal went anorexic and joined the circus. I hope his evolutions are better. I LOVE Rowlet though. Super excited to see his evolutions. And Litten is fine in my book. I'm hoping he'll evolve into a really cool black panther/Houndoom hybrid. The Moon legendary looks like a giant bat and I LOVE it. What an awesome animal to pull from for a moon legendary! I was afraid they were going to use something lame like a wolf or something. But a BAT??? That's super rad. The lion is cool too, but he reminds me a lot of Zoids, which makes him a little goofy for me. Definitely getting Moon.

I love the tropical setting! I've been wanting them to do something a little different and I am SO excited they chose this awesome Polynesian look! It looks like it's going to be so much fun! I'm holding out for a cool tropical bird, maybe based off a parrot? And some new tropical fish 'mons would be super cool!

On a side note, we had better get megas for Solrock and Lunatone in these games. It's too perfect not to use. And I NEED it.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I think the setting for the region is Hawaii! It also explains that strange souvenir mystery from XY. :scared:
It has pretty much been confirmed at this point, and the games were highly speculated to take place in Hawaii even before the trailers.

bbninjas

Inkling
Urgh... The release date for Europe is later, again. Everywhere else but Europe gets it the same day. This sucks so bad...
I know what you mean - in Australia, we're also getting the game late. :/

It has pretty much been confirmed at this point, and the games were highly speculated to take place in Hawaii even before the trailers.
Yeah, I wasn't really keeping tabs on the speculation, more just the confirmed or extremely likely. :p

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
I'm not really that hyped but I'm gonna buy it anyway.
The designs kinda seem like Pokemon took a U-turn down furry town... and furry town has no exits.
All around I hope there's something to spark my interest to actually engage me into the game, cause if not I'll just complete the main story and leave it.
Only one of the starters has fur.

D

Deleted Member

Only one of the starters has fur.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I meant it generally seemed like designs look like something I would see a furry artist use.
(I don't mean for this to sound negative if anyone is wondering)

Last edited by a moderator:

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
Not sure if you're joking or not, but I meant it generally seemed like designs look like something I would see a furry artist use.
(I don't mean for this to sound negative if anyone is wondering)
In my eyes a furry is a furry if it has fur. Rowlet has feathers, Popplio has blubber (idk what it's called) and Litten has fur.
Technically two out of three are mammals.
I said nothing about mammals

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
People seems to really love the grass starter the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom