• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pokemon moon and sun, who else is pretty hyped?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
@birdiebee I like how you apologized for misreading my message but didn't change the actual response at all. Gotta stand by your statements, huh?

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinions. I said my piece.

As for the starters, I'm guessing Litten will potentially have the best evolution. Fire starters are often powerhouses, and that could conceivably become really badass looking if they try to avoid stepping on the toes of already existing cat mons (Pyroar and sun legendary are totally different you guys!).
I just meant I misread you thinking you said Giratina had no plot in Platinum, but thats not what you said. I responded by saying what happened in Platinum which isn't an opinion, I thought I was just correcting you but I just dumbly misread your post. I had no opinions to rectify xD

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I'm curious as to how many NEW pokemon we will get this time.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm curious as to how many NEW pokemon we will get this time.
Me too. I personally hope its a full gen, not a half gen like 6. But I am also worried about how many models can fit on a 3DS cartridge.

I would be satisfied with 60-something again, if every design is on point, which was NOT the case in gen 6 AT ALL. So many forgettable throwaways. Theres like 15 memorable XY pokemon. lol

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
Me too. I personally hope its a full gen, not a half gen like 6. But I am also worried about how many models can fit on a 3DS cartridge.

I would be satisfied with 60-something again, if every design is on point, which was NOT the case in gen 6 AT ALL. So many forgettable throwaways. There's like 15 memorable XY pokemon. lol
You really have not much to worry about. a 3ds cartridge can hold up to 8GB potentially. at most I can see this game being 3GB. even AS/OR wasn't 2

Needles Jewel

Inkling
I'm extremely excited! I'm going to choose Litten, as I'm experienced with fire types and love cats.

I love tropical islands, so I'm even more excited! Maybe we'll find out where Elite Four Phoebe is from.

I'm hoping for a water/poison sea urchin Pokemon. It will be my precious baby.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Some new information's been released. In a nutshell:
  • 2 new Pokémon: Nekkoara, a Normal-type koala 'Mon with a pretty crazy ability, and Iwanko, a Rock-type puppy 'Mon that I'd guess is to be S&M's Ratatta knockoff.
  • Both Solgaleo an Lunala have alternate forms that apparently give them their full power. Solgaleo turns a bright yellow, Lunala turns into an x-ray.
  • Remember Magearna? Looks like it's got a signature move called Fleur Cannon, plus an ability that has to do with Special Attack, though it doesn't specify what it does exactly.
All pretty cool stuff so far. Can't wait to see what additional info E3 brings to the table.

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
Some new information's been released. In a nutshell:
  • 2 new Pokémon: Nekkoara, a Normal-type koala 'Mon with a pretty crazy ability, and Iwanko, a Rock-type puppy 'Mon that I'd guess is to be S&M's Ratatta knockoff.
  • Both Solgaleo an Lunala have alternate forms that apparently give them their full power. Solgaleo turns a bright yellow, Lunala turns into an x-ray.
  • Remember Magearna? Looks like it's got a signature move called Fleur Cannon, plus an ability that has to do with Special Attack, though it doesn't specify what it does exactly.
All pretty cool stuff so far. Can't wait to see what additional info E3 brings to the table.
Man when I saw that Koala I was almost slain by its cuteness. I need to obtain it. Personally though, I do hope they don't give too much away at E3. The last thing I want to find out from E3 (that might happen) is the starter's full evolutions. I want to experience that first-hand. That... and I want a flippin' difficulty selection for once.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I guess two new Pokémon didn't already cut it. Something called Zygarde's also been confirmed. It's got three signature moves (Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, and Core Punisher) and an ability that lets it change from a dog to a giant when at critically low health. This form change also screws with its stats apparently, since in the second video its total HP jumps from 125 to 287.

All I can say is, that Garchomp had it coming.

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
I guess two new Pokémon didn't already cut it. Something called Zygarde's also been confirmed. It's got three signature moves (Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, and Core Punisher) and an ability that lets it change from a dog to a giant when at critically low health. This form change also screws with its stats apparently, since in the second video its total HP jumps from 125 to 287.

All I can say is, that Garchomp had it coming.
Yeah Zygarde has been aorund since X/Y His 2 other formes have been confirmed a while back as well. this is just the first time we're seeing it in the newest games. Zygarde 10% and Complete. I'm really stoked. Unofficially, the thousand Moves were also known to some of the community as people who can generate their own mons have added those moves to pokemon to just see what they look like.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
New Battle theme!

Last edited:

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Sun/Moon is actually looking pretty good following the Treehouse footage. I'm half tempted to open it BEFORE opening ORAS. The subtle changes in battle animations and rendering the battle environments look like they make the game a bit more immmersive in those hours of battles, but the perspective change to "over the shoulder" rather than top down in the map and the more realized world seem fun. Most importantly the UI updates and built in stats etc. seem loooong overdue.

I'm also impressed with Pokemon GO. It's the first and only mobile game that actually looks fun to me. I did not expect it to be intriguing.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Seeing the seven new one's in July, I am already speculating about how a powerful Pokemon with Kamala's ability could be used alongside that new electric fairy to keep it awake on electric terrain. With this being the 20th anniversary there will probably be plenty of new and old Pokemon, with a wide variety everywhere in the region. Also if the steel electric pikachu thing gets follow me it will certainly help with mega kangaskhan in vgc.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, we've got a reject Venipede design, a Super Mariow World berry, a totally-not-a-Grass-type flower ring, and a horse with dreadlocks, plus Pikaboo and Lots-o-Huggin' Bear from earlier. All with names straight from 1996.

That works. Bewear is kinda under-designed if you ask me, but the others are pretty cool. And that makes what, 20 new Pokémon so far?

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Mimikyu is so precious! I can't wait to catch one and give it a ridiculous name. :3 What I'm super interested in is the Hyper Training thing. Anything that makes IV training easier is a plus for me!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom