• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pokken Tournament Social Thread

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
It's cool to play online and ranked, but I don't think I'll put effort enough on it to reach higher ranks.
Have you tried ranked matches?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yeah. I mostly just play ranked for fun, I don't care about my rank. I know I'm pretty decent because I've beaten an A Rank of friendlies, but I don't want to take the time to increase my rank just for bragging rights.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Yeah. I mostly just play ranked for fun, I don't care about my rank. I know I'm pretty decent because I've beaten an A Rank of friendlies, but I don't want to take the time to increase my rank just for bragging rights.
Yeah, brag Pokken Ranks to who? I'm too happy on Splatoon "scene", I think is one of the most open-minded communities. I've been a fighting game player since 90s, and I don't like its "community" as I do on Splatoon.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I haven't touched Ranked at all in Pokken. I really don't see a difference between that and Friendly matches. It all depends on your skill.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
For me Friendly matches are harder than ranked. It's a cool game, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dedicate months exclusively to it.
After team matches in Splatoon (8 players at the same time) I can't feel fighting games as dynamic as they were to me years ago. Maybe I'm getting older lol

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Even with my n00b talent and in E5, rank matched right now feel a touch easier for me than the friendlies. And since I intend to play every character to skill level 100, I should not worry about my rank or win/loss ratio. Meanwhile, I'm just now entering Red League but it's such a boring slog. I'm overly tempted to pick a ranged fighter then spam ranged attacks from now til end of iron league.

But yeah, after maybe 200+hrs with Splatoon's team dynamics, Pokken feels kinda lonely at times. (Though my teammates are only randos I'm incommunicado with).

Katow

Inkling
NNID
lawsonk13
I've been playing Blaziken and really enjoying it. Haven't gone against another Shadow Mewtwo since the patch, but it felt like the biggest victory ever when I beat one last week. Overall it's really fun and I'm excited to see how they expand the roster over time.

The only forums/discussion I've come across is the subreddit /r/pokkengame
Pretty useful tips and strategies posted by theorycrafters.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Lurked the Pokken subreddit. Seems competitive-minded, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to make use of it.

Anyone want to plan a get-together/throwdown sometime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom