What Do You Do During Mirror Matches?

• Total voters

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I participate in the meaningless charade of fighting against my own team until a single squid starts partying, in which case I immediately join in

2Ws2Ls

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3607-4410-2815
ive never understood the philosophy of mirror matches being pointless. while yes, they don't contribute to the score at the end, they do contribute to your skill at the game. i know not everyone is here to be the best, because i not, but i struggle to see how one wouldn't want to be better at the game they enjoy. by taking games off to squid party/dc and get banned for 10 minutes your sabotaging a moment for you to at the very least practice your skill against real people.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
ive never understood the philosophy of mirror matches being pointless. while yes, they don't contribute to the score at the end, they do contribute to your skill at the game. i know not everyone is here to be the best, because i not, but i struggle to see how one wouldn't want to be better at the game they enjoy. by taking games off to squid party/dc and get banned for 10 minutes your sabotaging a moment for you to at the very least practice your skill against real people.
Fair point, but at least for me, it's better to use Splatfest to relax and enjoy the atheistic and music changes. I can improve my skill in x-rank later, but for now I can just vibe with my team. But I get your perspective to.

Cephalobro

If it allows me to practice without much on the line, then I'll take that opportunity, which is why I play normally. And besides, you can't know how skillful your side of the Splatfest is if they are busy messing around.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I play normally because disconnecting has negative consequences.
Ultimately, though, I just don't want to play when it's a mirror match. There's really no point once you reach Ruler rank.

Handshake vs. Fist Bump vs. Hug was easily the most fun fest I ever played (team Handshake).

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Paint everything. If the enemy starts moving towards me, we're fighting, its back to normal turf wars.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
If it were up to me I would rather just play the game, but I'll also never shoot at someone playfully squidpartying. So if that happens and others join in I will just go along with it. I will even enjoy it. They are fun once in a while and a nice break from the grind but when they start happening every other game it's usually time for a break. I love goofing around as much as anyone but it's just not what I queued up for.

Fyerluna

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3735-7473-0023
I leave squid party kids alone usually, unless everyone on all teams are squid partying- in which case I ink up the map and then go party because I don't care if the win is easy, it's turf.

The only thing I take major issue with is intentional DCs. I understand mirror matches are frustrating (RIP Saturday, we never saw another team) but please remember that your DC is going to ruin three other people's day and put you in DC timeout (Nintendo Jail). Finish the game to the best of your ability and then hit stop.

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Depends ! If everyone is playing normally. I do the same. If some people are partying while some aren't, I do whatever will keep the match fair (I either play while leaving the party alone or join it), but if almost everyone is doing it, then might as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom