1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Team Shoal

The premier competitive Splatoon team

1. Puffin

Puffin Inkling

NNID:
    colton35
    Thank you for your application. We will get back to you soon on whether or not you've made the team :)

2. Erox

Erox Inkling

NNID:
    3bood131

I'm 14 years old, I use Tentatek Splatter Shot and Splatter and E-Litre Scope's and Aerospray and all buckets and 96' Gal Deco, best using Splatter Shot, I want to join because whenever I get a high rank score I lose 50 times in a row because I have a bad squad and I'm determined to get to rank A or even higher, Level 32 B-, +4 GMT Dubai.
    Thanks!
    NNID: 3bood131

3. Puffin

Puffin Inkling

NNID:
    colton35
    Thank you for your application, unfortunately the time difference would make it extremely difficult for you to participate. It is 9 hours later than the majority of our members and I assume you have school which will interfere as well. If you want to talk about this more, feel free to PM me.

4. Erox

Erox Inkling

NNID:
    3bood131
    It's ok, thanks.

5. PPG_ttar

PPG_ttar Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    0705-3538-2870
    Your age: 16
    Which weapons you use: Ttek, .52 gal and their older brothers
    Why you want to join: I want to go to tournaments, git gud and friends to play with!
    What level/rank you are in game: S (You're right!)
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: E.S.T.

6. Puffin

Puffin Inkling

NNID:
    colton35
    Thanks for your application! We will get back to you soon regarding the results of your application :)

7. Ojamas

Ojamas Inkling

Your age: I am currently age 13
    Which weapons you use: I use the Octobrush, the Tentatek Splattershot, the N-ZAP '89, the Splattershot Pro, and the .52 gal. (I can use any other "shooter" class weapon if requested.)
    Why you want to join: I just started playing Splatoon and I believe joining a Squad/Team will make yours and my experience even better!
    What level/rank you are in game: I am level 19 and Rank B- right now.
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: I live in the southern United States.

#127 Ojamas, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  8. PainOfLife

PainOfLife Inkling

NNID:
    bestgamer4life
    Your age: 15
    Which weapons you use: Tentatek Splattershot/rollers
    Why you want to join: I want to get into the competitive level of Splatoon and I want to get on my first ccompetitive team, also I want to have friends to pley with.
    What level/rank you are in the game: Level 50/S
    What region of the world are you in: UTC Illinois, United States

#128 PainOfLife, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  9. Lele

Lele Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Deathgasus
    Weapons I use: carbon roller (vanilla + deco), .96 gal deco, krak on roller, nzap 85
    Why I want to join: to participate in tourneys and have fun with people.
    Level/rank: level 49 rank S
    Timezone / region: indonesia, wib (around 8 hours different to EST although i do not remember)
    In splatoon, i lean towards as an assassin. The carbon rollers helped me from B- to S so I guess I can say im pretty good with it. I also lean towards offnesive rather than defensive. I play as a competitive gamer although we don't have smash tournaments or others like that here so thats a disappointment lol. This is my first competitive team so im hoping to learn more from older members :).
    Other than joining for tournaments, I also love chatting (Im not even formal in chats). I would love to get to know new people. :)
    Also quick question:do you have to use mircophones? Are headphones allowed? (Sorry I'm a bit dumb) PS: I commonly play at midnight.

#129 Lele, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  10. Puffin

Puffin Inkling

NNID:
    colton35
    Thank you for your application, we will get back to you soon! Yes we use discord (a voice chat/text chat) program so you will need to have access to a headset with a mic in order to communicate if you make it on the team

11. Lele

Lele Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Deathgasus
    Ah kk thanks! But does that mean i just have to wear normal headphones orrr....?? (Sorry I use skype so I don't know that much)

12. TipDik

TipDik Inkling

NNID:
    TipDik
    Your age: 23
    Which weapons you use: Dual Squelcher, .52 Gal, Octobrush
    Why you want to join: I want to compete at a higher level.
    What level/rank you are in game: 42/S
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: US Midwest (Eastern Time)
    Experience in a prior competitive team (Yes/No; if yes please specify): Played Sm4sh with Derby City Gaming (local group in Louisville, KY)

13. MakesDream

MakesDream Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    ToastMiller
    you just need some way to send us voice, while also receiving voice from us, while also sending us the sound from your game.

14. crosemo

crosemo Inkling

Your age: 16
    Which weapons you use: Forge/Regular Splattershot Pro, .52 Gal, Splat Charger, and Tentatek Splattershot
    Why you want to join: I've been really wanting to join a squad to mostly improve my skills. The ability to get feedback and tips from teammates is the best way for me to improve. I'm also interested in playing competitively.
    What level/rank you are in game: 41/A
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: EST/East coast
    Experience in a prior competitive team (Yes/No; if yes please specify): No

I like to play as a mid or defensive player by hanging back and protecting my team, but can also play aggressively when I need to.

#134 crosemo, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  15. Fluffy Pants

Fluffy Pants Inkling

NNID:
    hellafluffy
    Your age: I'm 19 years old.

Which weapons you use: Brushes and Blasters. Also the Splosh-o-Matic.

Why you want to join: Expierence, fun but competitive gameplay, make some friends since I lack social interaction in the Splatoon community.

What level/rank you are in game: I am mid 40 level and keep hoping back and forth between B+ and A-.

What time zone/region of the world you are in: US? Eastern.

Experience in a prior competitive team: No.

16. Datredyoshi

Datredyoshi Inkling

NNID:
    maskedman39
    Your age: 13, turning 14 in a month.
    Which weapons you use: Bamboozler 14 MK II, hoping to learn the MK I soon. I use both Slosher deco, and the vanilla Slosher, sometimes Tri Slosher.
    Why you want to join: I've been looking for a competitive squad for quite some time now, and every other one I got in didn't work out very well because of the members of the team. I hope this one is the lucky one that I'll be staying with!
    What level/rank you are in game: I'm level 50. My rank is S+ 90, specifically.
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: I'm in EST, in Virginia!
    Experience in a prior competitive team (Yes/No; if yes please specify): No, never have been in competitive teams, hoping this will be the first time to get in the
    competitive scene!
    Something interesting to note is my IGN is レッド; I only use RED gear playing, this consists of: Strapping reds, red hi tops, red vector tee, reel sweat, red check shirt, and the layored anchor LS.

17. Meep

Meep Inkling

NNID:
    Piplup118
    Your Age: 17

Weapons: I main splatchargers (but I am quick with squiffers and good with e-litres), 52 (or 96 gal) typically use .52 in small maps, and all rollers (I like one hit kills). I am very flexible player and am all around decent at all weapons. I learn quite fast and typically play offensive (front line killer). I can pick up any weapon and still score fairly high with a good amount of kills. Heavy splatlings are also one of them that I find easy to get kills with. I personally find chargers really fun to play as. I can adjust to any position given to me!

Why you want to join: I'm looking for a group of competitive players so I can hone my skills and improve my play style. I have been wanting to join a squad, but didn't know how until I found this place!

Level and Rank: Level 45 Rank S. I used to be intimidated by rank
    due the fact that I despise losing. But I started rank battles recently and was able to rank up fairly quickly and easily (most of my games were knockouts). Got at A+ by only using chargers, but used other guns to get to S.

Time zone: Pacific Time (western USA)
    Experience: I consider myself competitive and open minded, but I have not been part of a strictly competitive team. That's why I'm here! I don't mind going through tryouts and am willing to show what I can do! Thanks for considering my application and I hope to be teammates haha ^^

#137 Meep, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  18. Chupa

Chupa Inkling

NNID:
    EG1101
    My age: 23
    Weapons I prefer: Zink mini splattling is my main, decent with: tentatek, JR, 52. Gal, n-zap(both).
    Why I want to join: Playing solo ranked is just straight up painful. I played with Makesdreams last night, plastoon (my twin), and I can't remember who the 4th person was unfortunately. 4 man squad was so much better of an experience, the increased level of co-ordination will also help me get a lot better.
    What level and rank I am: I am level 50, and in S+
    What time zone/region are you in: Washington area (pacific time zone)
    I have no real experience in a competitive team.

19. Kinglol45

Kinglol45 Inkling

NNID:
    Snowpals
    I would like to try out for the team
    Nnid:snowpals
    I'm 14
    Best weapon:sploosh o matic or kelp splatter scope
    Live in wisconsin cst is the time
    why I want join for somthing competitive and enjoyable
    Rank b range level 35
    No competitive expreince

20. N-Strike

N-Strike Full Squid

NNID:
    N-Strike-Smash
    Your age: 13
    Which weapons you use: Tenatek Splattershot and 96gal deco
    Why you want to join: Because I'm teamless ATM and want to get back in the competitive splatoon scene
    What level/rank you are in game: level 40 rank B+
    What time zone/region of the world you are in: United States of America (Vermont) (GMT -5)
    Experience in a prior competitive team: I have played for Team Quetzalcoatl, Squids Next Door, and Inkopolis Underground (now the hightide era)