• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Post awaiting mod approval" Clarification Thread

PORYGON.zip

Inkling
NNID
PORYGON.zip
hi i'm a sniper but im too inconsistent can someone give me tips on how to be more consistent

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
Here's some advice from an S-ranked E-liter 3K Scope:

@PORYGON.zip I normally drag/snipe since I personally find it more reliable than snap/snipes. Often times it's still possible to snipe by hiding your laser under, since I find snap/snipes much more reliable down/up way compared to turning it right/left.

Work on your aim in general (boi you better be using Gyro) and I recommend max-sensitivity. What I did at first is just take a basic charger (no scope) and practiced turning my aim half-circles/forward and behind around me in the shooting range. I did this to build the muscle memory to just get the hang of 'how much do I have to turn the game pad to get this change in aim?" @ThatSrb2DUDE made a GREAT video on using motion controls, which I highly recommend. After that, I practiced getting the muscle memory for 90 degree turns. I stood in a way where there was a dummy directly left/right of me and one ahead, and just practiced shooting both consecutively to get used to making quarter-circle turns. If you have it, I recommend practicing the Inkling girl amiibo missions which require a charger.

From there, I practiced smaller increments. I thoroughly dislike it as a weapon in battle but I use a rapid blaster and practice moving my aim steadily from one dummy to another, sometimes back and forth, just to build that confidence. I can give you other tips if you'd like but this worked for me.

PORYGON.zip

Inkling
NNID
PORYGON.zip
Here's some advice from an S-ranked E-liter 3K Scope:

@PORYGON.zip I normally drag/snipe since I personally find it more reliable than snap/snipes. Often times it's still possible to snipe by hiding your laser under, since I find snap/snipes much more reliable down/up way compared to turning it right/left.

Work on your aim in general (boi you better be using Gyro) and I recommend max-sensitivity. What I did at first is just take a basic charger (no scope) and practiced turning my aim half-circles/forward and behind around me in the shooting range. I did this to build the muscle memory to just get the hang of 'how much do I have to turn the game pad to get this change in aim?" @ThatSrb2DUDE made a GREAT video on using motion controls, which I highly recommend. After that, I practiced getting the muscle memory for 90 degree turns. I stood in a way where there was a dummy directly left/right of me and one ahead, and just practiced shooting both consecutively to get used to making quarter-circle turns. If you have it, I recommend practicing the Inkling girl amiibo missions which require a charger.

From there, I practiced smaller increments. I thoroughly dislike it as a weapon in battle but I use a rapid blaster and practice moving my aim steadily from one dummy to another, sometimes back and forth, just to build that confidence. I can give you other tips if you'd like but this worked for me.
Whats drag/snipe also to start out and does vanilla or kelp matter

Last edited:

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
Whats drag/snipe also to start out and does vanilla or kelp matter
Drag/snipe is basically moving your aim at a more moderate pace over your target, while hiding the laser behind something first. Vanilla/kelp only changes sub/special. If you prefer one set, go with it.

Moody

Inkling
Hello! I'm an S/S+ Dynamo/Roller/Brush main looking for new squad mates.
Pretty active outside of work and school. Shoot me a message if you'd like to squad up sometime!

SmarmySteam523

Inkling
NNID
sceptile90
Hello I am SmarmySteam523. I am in a clan called BS--- Battle Smashers/Splatters. I am a Hero Charger Replica/ Rapid Blaster main. I hopefully will be able to set up my clan in some tournaments. See ya later!

NNID
georgiatech
Hello everybody, my name is Silver and I'm here to clear up some confusion about new accounts and their ability to post.

A bit back the site had a bit of an issue with bots and them posting in a bunch of areas. Since then we've been working on fixing this issue and our way of fixing it is requiring the staff to approve posts on new accounts. So for your first few posts on a new account will need to be approved by the staff and in no way means your account seems shifty or anything, it is just a way of preventing bots from flooding the forums. You will be freed from this upon posting 3 or more times on the forum and only certain boards on the site actually adjust your post count so be sure to watch your count.

Areas that don't adjust post count:
  • Inkopolis Plaza (The forum section as a whole)

So if you just recently made a new account and see the message "Post Awaiting Mod Approval" it is simply because we're trying to keep the forum free of bots, your account is safe and you are not in trouble. We appreciate you all bearing with us and we hope you all enjoy your time here on SquidBoards

Thank you for reading and if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.
Hiya

Dobar

Inkling
NNID
Dobar1
Heya.

I'm Dobar. A Swedish guy that plays Splatoon, just reached level 50 and is currently rank A+ (was one darn game away from S - oh well, it's the Splatoon life).

Any other Swedes around here?

Great homepage by the way.

Alprolozan

Inkling
NNID
xXgamergabiXx
hey guys, Alprolozan here, currently a level 31 A- player.

my mains are splash-o-matic, permanent inkbrush, e liter 3k, and the luna blaster neo on certain maps

NNID
DreamLander23
Well...Oh boy, hi! I'm new here, and I haven't ever been a real forum member or anything so I don't know what to do....
I'm an Octoling, not an Inkling, I just have to get my profile picture changed and apparently it won't let me do that!

NNID
DreamLander23
Hold on, so I just keep posting here until that message on the top of my page disappears?
Should be easy enough. Can anysquid here tell me how to change a profile picture? Because again, NOT AN INKLING.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Hold on, so I just keep posting here until that message on the top of my page disappears?
Should be easy enough. Can anysquid here tell me how to change a profile picture? Because again, NOT AN INKLING.
Well ideally you would go and post in other sections and not spam one to hit the post amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom