• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I guess it's about time that I do something with a character ehehehe it's been a while; let'see, for now I'll throw down some OCs.

Thank you @Aykorn a pic of the wonderful nerdlord:

Name(s): Tlaloc Raine
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Tlaloc tend to wear more "sophisticated" things, as befitting someone of his stature... which basically translates to Splash Mob gear--button up shirts, slacks (when not ink battling), dress shoes and his standard retro specs (prescription). Otherwise, the only thing that really makes him stand out is tying his hair back in a rat's tail.

Relations: Tlaloc comes from a strong middle-class family and grew up around ink battles. He never really cared for the sport, but he when his dad got him to try it, he was hooked. Not because he liked it, but because he liked winning. He sometimes let his rage cloud his judgement--he's in it to win it--but most of the time, he can be counted on to be a cool-minded hot-headed tactician.

That said, his dad is a pro Ink Battler who players in the big leagues. Unlike his son, he is coolheaded and laid back, casual and collected, even funny most of the time. Tlaloc doesn't see him much, and wouldn't really admit it, but he looks up to his dad and probably battles to try to prove himself.

His mom, on the other hand, is his primary parent. She is an artist, specializing in cultural art of past Inkling and Octoling generations, attempting to recreate and make the past more accessible to the public. She is a free spirit who believes that people should all have a right to express themselves and is a lobbist for Octoling rights.

This translates to Tlaloc in his interests in art... mostly romance, writing and ballet. His mom is nothing if not supportive of her son's dancing career, but she doesn't know about his sappy romcom novels. He keeps those to himself. And close friends.

...of which he doesn't have many--close friends, that is. Oh the other hand he does have someone he considers a rival: Adria. A blind inkling, he was surprised to find that, in a match with her, she did incredibly well. And that pissed him off and sparked a rivalry he doesn't let go easily.

Backstory/Personality: Since his dad got him into it, Tlaloc has been into ink battles. Though growing up as a squid, what he really looked up to were the ballerinas. Form. Grace. Elegance. Precision. Motion. It was all there. He couldn't help but admire the time and effort and skill that went into the dance and when he hit puberty and got his full inkling form, the first thing he pushed his mother into letting him do was joining a dancing group. Though he's still learning, he practices tirelessly each night after his turf warring--he considers it endurance training.

This translates into his personality in turf and life. His whole life is one dedicated toward moving forward and becoming a better, stronger, smarter person. He studies and practices and pushes himself to the point of burning out and it takes a friend or two to stop him from completely letting his drive burn him to smolders.

That said, he doesn't have many friends so the above statement usually translates to his mom. Though he might be getting closer to Adria than he would like to admit.

His abrasive personality is ironic considering how interested in people he is. He absolutely adores romance and all things sweet and adorable, from plushies to bad romcoms, he aspires to write good romantic trash... online. That said, he's actually pretty decent at what he does, but as he would say, scoffing "there's still room for improvement."

Tlaloc likes people but be is quite prone to anger, so much so that he has to go to anger management. He tries to use it to fuel his drive forward and usually doesn't let it stop him, but it does prevent him from making otherwise logical choices in many situations.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ehehe, this character is going to be in my own fanfiction, but she's far out enough that I'll post this. Also, it might make Tlaloc's relationship make sense!!

Name(s):
Adriana Emiliano (Adria)
Appearance: Most notably, Adria wears a pair of tinted shades to hide her eyes. Her eyes, are quite frankly, blinded. Her irises look smeared and her pupils have long gone opaque.
She keeps her hair tied back in two low hanging pigtails, and has long bangs parted down the middle. Adria usually wears the Green Striped LS; comfy and casual, and most importantly, has ninja squid. Aside from that, she wears whatever her friends suggest her.

Weapon:
Exclusively, the Dynamo Roller (vanilla). With the weapon touching the ground often, not needing precise aiming and having echolochator, it's really the only weapon she can use well. She's... bad at shooting stuff and thus adores this weapon

Relations:

She appreciates her parents and their support, but at times feel they are bit overbearing and cautious. Mostly because they appointed one of her friends to watch over her. That friend being Zale.

This inkling called Zale is technically one of the few people who knew of her before she went blind, however, they only really became friends after being in the same class in school. Now that both have moved to Inkopolis for thier own pursuits, Adria thinks Zale is a jerk, 'cause he is, but can't deny that he's dependable and dedicated about ink battles. She finds it her job to deflate his ego every now and then though.

An inkling called Deniz helped her get acquainted with her Dynamo and continues to help her excel at ink battles, memorizing stage layouts and weapon fire. Where they are drawn to her strength and charisma, Adria loves their opinionated-ness and sense of wonder. Though they don't meet often, she considers them her best friend.

Now, there's Tlaloc. He literally yelled at her after a turf war demanding a rematch, and by all means she should hate him. Yet, she find him an interesting and expressive person, and has gone from looking forward to his rematches to looking for excuses to annoy him. Somehow considers him a friend now?

Backstory/Personality:
Blinded at a young age, (though exactly how? She won't reveal. She likes making up different stories for everyone who asks) Adria has become a thick-skinned, straightforward young lady. Outwardly pleasant and nonchalant, she has dry sense of humor and is a sucker for eavesdropping and gossip. She's actually fairly mature, having had to grow up a bit faster than others. She turns her listening skills into being attentive to her friends.

Having dismissed Ink battling as an option for her, Adria intended on focusing on studying audio engineering, but met a friend and found a way to Ink battle in her own style. Now crushing competition with her Dynamo, Adria still spends most of her time attending classes outside of Inkopolis, but her occasional visits to the city are always a treat for herself and her friends.

Attachments

Last edited:

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
guess i do one for the fun of it

Name(s): Rex
Appearance: orange inkling,blue eye color, light skin, pilot goggles, baseball jersey, pro trail boots

Family:mother,father, and older sister
Friends:Bella

Personality:wise guy,easily embarrassed,responsible,reserved,soft-hearted,nerd when comes to
video games,quick-witted,couch potato

Backstory:Rex is Inkling that has a hard time making friends and because of this he tend that
keep to himself. His mother and father are always away and his older sister has just moved out.
Just as it seem like he going to be all alone he ends up meeting a homeless Octoling named Bella
who was kick out of Octo Valley and trying to steal food. He ends up buying her food and then
letting her stay at his home. The two start to become friends as they get into hijinks and figuring ways
to keep a Octoling hidden in Inkopolis.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
a homeless Octoling named Bella
who was kick out of Octo Valley and trying to steal food. He ends up buying her food and then
letting her stay at his home. The two start to become friends as get into hijinks and figuring ways
to keep a Octoling hidden in Inkopolis.
Oh man, this sounds adorable. Bella sounds like a really cute character too! I'm curious how an Octoling would get kicked out of Octo Valley.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Oh man, this sounds adorable. Bella sounds like a really cute character too! I'm curious how an Octoling would get kicked out of Octo Valley.
Well i was thinking of making profile for Bella. I guess this gives me a reason to ahead and make it.

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
Name: 'Vinyl' - her real name tends to be undisclosed, she's a little into keeping little details to herself.

Appearance: Purple hair, light tan complexion. Often seen with either headphones or shades...otherwise, her clothing tastes tend to vary wildly day-to-day.

Personality: Vinyl is an occasional smart mouthed DJ ink-splattering female who, every now and then, does contribute valid points when addressing others with snark. Otherwise, she can mostly approachable and has proven reliable in both the typical squid warfare and school teams, choosing to usually eschew mere following and chooses being more of a leader type wherever possible. Typically she can be found hanging around on her own - mostly because she finds herself better able to enjoy her choices of music that way...but, as her career implies, she has no issues with spreadin' some musical enjoyment with others where it counts.

{It's flexible - probably a work in progress for a while! XD}

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Robikku Squid Ehehe. I love the snarky ones. Look forward to seeing her play out in the Academy. :D

@YesI'mTaco34 Really makes me wonder how one would keep an Ocotling hidden in inkopolis, or even if that's legal. Like are they considered a scourge by society, or just socially unacceptable. That brings up the question... how much do you think that Inklings care about the Great War? I mean, Capt. Cuttlefish seems to be the only one who notices that they're a threat still sooo... hmm...

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
@Right Whale So, did Jerry get to work in inkopolis tower? Or did Ranae just lose track of him? Does Ranae make her own clothes, by the way--you seem to imply to, but I'm curious nonetheless. Also, does she live on her own earned money? Or does she live mostly on her parents' income? Does she have any roommates?

@DarkGold777 I have to ask... are you often mistaken for a girl? xD
In real life, not really. But on Miiverse, somebody mistook my Inkling for a female, and considering the gender-ambiguous face and ponytail hairstyle, I understand how that's possible if my torso was significantly obscured in some way, either by wearing a coat of some sort or simply being out of the frame. :P

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
I would think because of the war for Land having Octoling or Octarians in Inkopolis would be a huge no no do to fear of possible inside jobs.

I like to say that younger Inkling just thinks of the Great Turf War as history nothing more then that i mean as far as all the Inklings know the zap fishes were just taking by someone they didn't really know who. I mean as far as we know Capt. Cuttlefish could have just had a lucky guess

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@YesI'mTaco34 Yeah, it really seemed like Capt. Cuttlefish was the only one that really saw what was going on there but probably because of a bias... which is a shame because he used to be good friends with DJ Octavia, apparently.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
finally got this done

Name(s):Bella
Race: Octoling

Appearance:Crimson Red Octoling,yellow eye color, light skin, camo zip hoodie and tinted Pilot Goggles to hide her hair and eyes, Trail Boots.

Family: Father and two younger brothers

Friends: Rex

Personality:Insightful,Dependable,Nurturing,Playful,Optimistic,Energetic,Talented,Caring,

Backstory:Bella was a young soldier, since her mother's passing she been helping her father raise her two brother and paying the bills by working in the Octoling Army. 2 years after she joined the army the plan to take the great zap fish got passed down to the soldiers, Bella was a part of the group of Octarian that dislike the plan and tried to rebel against it. In a act to stop futher rebellion the higher ups of Octo Valley banish the group from the Valley and threat to do the same to anyone didn't agree with the plan.

4 months later Bella hides out on the outskirts of Inkopolis going in the at night to find food. after 2 days of no luck in the food seach she tests her luck by in the city in the day time.She end up get getting caught by a Inkling name Rex. After listening to her story he ends up giving her a meal and letting her stay at his home, since his parents are never home and his sister moved out.

The two become great friends and Bella start to think of Rex as one of her own brothers often looking out for him and be the voice of reason but she can be a bit over protective.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
I'm new to this site.. And this is my first inksona.. She isn't really any of the species found in Splatoon, just a random species I thought of.. That I can't think of a name for.
Name(s): Kei Corriente
Race: A jellyfishling? A jellying? We may never know.

Appearance: Curly, light purple, luminescent bangs. Oversized luminescent hair, stands of bulgy hair near the top. Teal eye color, light purple and white frilly shirt. Long navy blue jeans. An oversized hat. Purple sneakers.

Family: Unknown

Friends: A small Jellyfish named Jalea.

Personality: Clueless, oblivious, a lack of intelligence, naive, easily distracted.

Backstory: Kei doesn't remember much about her past herself, just that she was just exploring the world only to come across the city the other creatures call "Inkopolis". She never really talk to the Inklings, shrimp, sea anemones or horseshoe crabs that live there. She only felt comfortable around the other jellyfish, she'd usually begin a conversation with a passing jellyfish and constantly ask him/her questions about the history of the city and squid creatures until she'd bore them enough that they would leave. Kei soon came across a jellyfish named "Jalea". She'd listen to Kei's questions and try to answer them as best as she could. Sometimes Jalea would try to teach Kei to read and write, but most of the time Kei will get distracted by anything happening in the city square. Kei had joined in a couple of turf wars, enough to learn how to use a Splat Charger.
And thus ends Kei's story for now..

This was my first time.... What do you think? ^-^'

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Zythefox Not bad!

As usual, I'm just going to throw out a few questions because I find it interesting to see what people think about their OCs. So, does Kei know Inkling (the language) because I know that most Jelly people do not--and she can clearly speak Jelly because she's friends with Jelea? And does she have amnesia?

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
She has amnesia, she can speak a little bit of the Inkling language, but only very little. She only knows a few words from the "News Flash" that happens on the giant TV in City Square, which are just "Hiya", "Booyah" and "Stay Fresh".
The longest thing she can read is a picture book.. Because she'll only look at the pictures.

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I'll give it a shot =P I do like to rp afterall.

Name(s): Viola
Appearance: Viola is, normally, a purple inkling whose frame is smaller than most. Her large tentacles aren't as long as most inklings, instead the bottom just barely passes her chin. Her back tentacles are a little longer than normal, and her bangs are more frayed. Normally, she can be seen wearing a straw boater, a simple sun dress, and a pair of old styled sandals and socks that she considers lucky.
Personality: Ever the cheerful little ball of ink, Viola is quick to befriend anyone who she teams up with. She treats all, regardless of race or whatnot, like friends, never changing her opinion. She's very easy to approach and talk to and is a great listener. This betrays her play in Turf Wars, though, as she's just as quick to take you down. Unfortunately, this doesn't translate to Ranked battles, where her lack of self confidence is quick to show. If you know what to do, she can be easily flustered into making simple mistakes and ruining her team's chance to win. As such, she strays away from ranked battles due to not having found a team that can help her with these issues. Deep down, she's just a bundle of anxiety, which makes her indecisive. Along with this is a bit of a balance issue, causing her to be a bit of a klutz. Somehow, during Turf Wars, her balance is perfect. Outside, however, she finds herself meeting the ground and a sandal bonking her on the head a little too often for her liking.
Weapon: Heavy Splatling
Relations: Mother and father, Zyless( Another character I'm creating. May put up his bio later)
Backstory: Born to a normal family, Viola was raised just as such. As she grew up, she was frequently overshadowed by the achievements of all her classmates and friends, leading to her, mostly hidden, self-confidence problem. One day, her best friend Zyless, took her to Inkopolis to try and introduce her to Turf Wars. Viola, however, didn't want to participate and, instead, decided to check the shops while Zyless battled. When she found out they wouldn't let her in until she got to a certain level of freshness, she decided to try it enough to see what the fuss was about. Initially terrified of fighting, she lucked out and got paired with other inklings that helped her calm down and get used to the fights. As she battled, she grew to enjoy it and, eventually, got paired against her best friend. The match went back and forth the entire time until, at the very end, Viola's side lost. Afterwards, the two talked about the match and how close it was. At that point, Viola was hooked and couldn't stop splating.

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@TACarbuncle What a cutie! Love the character that loses the limelight. How did she meet Zyless and what's he or she like? Are they the confident foil to Viola's reserved attitude? What does Viola like to do besides Turf, because I'd assume her life was dominated by something else before that? How does she feel about everything doing better than her? Is she jealous? Or is she happy for them? Or both?

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
I think I wanna do a small summary of the Jellyfishling species... Can I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom