• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
@TACarbuncle What a cutie! Love the character that loses the limelight. How did she meet Zyless and what's he or she like? Are they the confident foil to Viola's reserved attitude? What does Viola like to do besides Turf, because I'd assume her life was dominated by something else before that? How does she feel about everything doing better than her? Is she jealous? Or is she happy for them? Or both?
Thanks ^^ She met Zyless at school when they were young and, yeah, he's the more confident one. Mostly, before participating in Turf Wars, she mostly hung out with friends and drew when at home. As for how she feels about other, it is a mixture of both. She's happy for the person, but also feels quite jealous, which she hides deep down.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
My first OC.

Name:Terence
Race:Inkling (Want to be specific? Colossal Squid)
Appearance:Terence towers over the average Inkling He wears a yellow vest and a blank white tee, dark blue jeans and white trainers. He is neither handsome or ugly just between.
Family: Mother and baby brother
Personality: Slightly cold and analytical, explosive, shy, quiet and lazy unless its important.
Backstory: He moved to Inkopolis from the cold southern seas when he was 10. His father had died to a terminal Ink condition leaving his Mother to carry the burden of raising two boys. Terence, due to this dilemma was distanced from other Inklings, due to his 'new kid' status from moving in and his intimidating size. Terence had managed to get out of his social outcast shell and make a couple of friends, Canchi Evelyn, Ikara and Adara. Canchi and Ikara met when he first went to Inkopolis Plaza, when he was sitting out on a bench with his Heavy Splatling. Canchi and Evelyn said they were short a teammate and wondered if he could fill in the empty space. Eagerly he accepted, combining his strength and good aim to form impenetrable bastions while his newly made friends pushed forward. Terence found his place in a team that complimented his Heavy Splatling's strengths.

This is technically part of my fanfiction I'm going to post soon. So I wouldn't recommend reading it.

However these good times couldn't last forever, when he met up again with his teammates he noticed Canchi was missing. Evelyn told him he had disappeared on the way to his house. Terence, couldn't believe it that one of his best friends went missing. He didn't want to lose his friend so he went to Canchi's house and on the wayfound a shadowy figure, Terence was extremely worried that this figure was the reason behind his friend's disappearance. He was also worried that he would be next on the list, now that he found his friend's possible kidnapper. He told the rest of his team about this figure.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Rustic my ears perk up at fanfic
Well I won't be posting it soon unless your soon is 3 weeks later, I got chapters 1-3 on my comp. Which I am nowhere close by, BUT I got additional chapters in a notebook with me. Sorry about that but maybe I could complete part 1 while I'm separated from Splatoon. So that's pretty good and I could show Terence in action with his buddies, again sorry for the disappointment.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
*throws squidkids at you*

Name: Irrius
Race: Inkling
Appearance: She wears an icy blue, long-sleeved plain shirt with a white plaid tie and orange boots. She has bad eyes, so wears actual, normal contacts (not fake ones!). Her preferred ink color is orange and her eyes are inked a royal purple, and her skin is average (I believe it's Skin 2).
Personality: She's a compassionate and slightly naïve girl, and tries to look on everything with a positive perspective. She doesn't judge one by looks, interests, or other's actions (which is why she let an Octoling onto the team), and doesn't like it when one of her friends has a negative emotion. However, she does hold grudges, especially if something was done to her friends, and they can vary from large to massive depending on what you did. Good thing is, it takes a lot to even make her consider a grudge. If it's something minor, she'll either forget completely or feel iffy about it for a few days and then forget about it. She has a short temper when it comes to friends though, so don't do anything to them while she's around or she will shout at you.
Main Weapon: Splattershot Jr.; mostly because she doesn't own any other weapons...
Relations: Her "big brother" Gale Whintyr (Friend), her Mother and Father (Family), Neon (Teammate), Nell (Teammate), Lilith/Shy (Teammate),
History: Well, nothing much can really be said about Irrius' past. She grew up in a residental block, and, when she was four, met Gale Whintyr, who she sees as a big brother of sorts. She would play with him all the time before he turned fourteen, and, when he did, he would come back after every day and tell her all about it. They even played with the guns sometimes! And now she's fourteen, on her way to Inkopolis for the first time, and ready to build a team of her own, just like Gale's.

Name: Safrina
Race: Inkling
Appearance: She normally wears a Mountain Gillet, Studio Headphones and Octoling Boots. Her skin is fair, and her eyes are an olive color. Oddly enough, she inks herself jet black when not in Turf Wars.
Personality: She is a slight pacifist, willing to injure but hesitant to kill. She seems to have a habit of reading through a small book she carries around that seems to be in both Inkling and Octarian, but doesn't let anyone look at it. She is known for being a silent, patient type, and nobody in Inkopolis has ever heard her say a word. She can be rather protective of anything she owns, and seems to not have any friends. Because of this, barely anyone actually knows her name.
Main Weapon: Splattershot.
Relations: Captain Cuttlefish (Leader), Callie (co-worker? Yeah, lets go with that), Marie (co-worker), Lilith (um...acquaintance?).
History: She was born with a vocal condition that made it extremely painful to attempt to make her vocals do anything other than growls and faint whispers, and even then she can only whisper about five or six words before it becomes too much. She grew up in a rural area far from the big city, but it was close enough to watch ink battles. When she turned fourteen, she left for the big city, and met Captain Cuttlefish after following him when he popped out from the sewer. She was then donned in her hero suit, and has been doing agent stuff since. (She's kept the blueprints to herself for now, until someone can tell her what she can do with them. Also, the missions are much more time-consuming and difficult than in-game, so she's only beaten Octostomp).

I'll either update this post or make a separate post for when Gale, Neon, Nell, Lilith, Yunina, Ulysses, Ina, Ana and Jack are done. Right now, it is 3:00am and I need sleep.

*laughs, cries, and goes back to notes*

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Well, nothing much can really be said about Irrius' past. She grew up in a residental block, and, when she was four, met Gale Whintyr, who she sees as a big brother of sorts. She would play with him all the time before he turned fourteen, and, when he did, he would come back after every day and tell her all about it. They even played with the guns sometimes! And now she's fourteen, on her way to Inkopolis for the first time, and ready to build a team of her own, just like Gale's.
Liked Irrius's personality. What's Gale like? Is he as patient as Irrius and passed that on to her? Or is he more hotheaded and rawrawr? Wow, best descriptions. But what is he like? Further, how is she when she's angry? Explosive? Cold? Calculating? Passionate?

She was born with a vocal condition that made it extremely painful to attempt to make her vocals do anything other than growls and faint whispers, and even then she can only whisper about five or six words before it becomes too much. She grew up in a rural area far from the big city, but it was close enough to watch ink battles. When she turned fourteen, she left for the big city, and met Captain Cuttlefish after following him when he popped out from the sewer. She was then donned in her hero suit, and has been doing agent stuff since. (She's kept the blueprints to herself for now, until someone can tell her what she can do with them. Also, the missions are much more time-consuming and difficult than in-game, so she's only beaten Octostomp).

I'll either update this post or make a separate post for when Gale, Neon, Nell, Lilith, Yunina, Ulysses, Ina, Ana and Jack are done. Right now, it is 3:00am and I need sleep.
I'm assuming these characters are for your fanfic, so I'll ask questions with those in mind. How are Octolings treated in this canon? Just a question that popped up and I wanted to know.

So, Safrina is our Agent 3 in this canon? Why did she follow him into the sewer? And how did she get that book? (Unless that's a mystery, in which case, I'll keep that to myself).

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale Since you asked, I'll tell you what I think of him. Like most characters, I see him as a tool, in this case, a particularly powerful tool that can initiate conflict and resolve conflict. I see the possibility to grow as a character and inspire others in his growth. I see the ability to avoid social norms and follow a path this character sets for himself, which is a powerful tool in its own right.

That's what I think.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@ReedRGale Well, you'll learn more about Gale when he's done, but I'll just say that he's a brotherly figure to both Irrius and his team (of course, he's probably gonna lose that with Neon, since she left to join Irrius' team). Irrius when she's angry? Well... I guess she'd be cold and explosive at the same time? ahh.

I'm not entirely sure, but Octolings are considered a threat and to deal with them it's either splatting or jailing. Other than that, I'm still workin' on it, and I still need a way to smuggle an Octoling onto the team.

Safrina followed Cuttlefish out of both mild curiosity and thinking he was up to the Zapfish disappearances (The Great one hasn't been stolen yet, but she suspects they plan to). Also, the book is the Sunken Scroll book, but the blueprints are separate from it. Until she figures out that the blueprints are for weapons, she'll probably be running to Sheldon.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
@Right Whale Since you asked, I'll tell you what I think of him. Like most characters, I see him as a tool, in this case, a particularly powerful tool that can initiate conflict and resolve conflict. I see the possibility to grow as a character and inspire others in his growth. I see the ability to avoid social norms and follow a path this character sets for himself, which is a powerful tool in its own right.

That's what I think.
Thank you.

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
I've been reading the other RP threads and I thought I might try giving it a shot. I need the practice with writing so this'll be a good opportunity for me.

Name(s): Iro (pronounced as eye-row)

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
Kindly refer to the male inkling Miiverse drawing in my signature to get an idea. Height is around 5'5", still growing.

Relations:
Mother and Father

Backstory/Personality:

Iro was born as an only child to a loving father and mother. Iro's parents were both known for their achievements in academics, both graduating at the top of their class and being accomplished scientists at the Squid Research Labs. Good thing their school smarts were inherited by Iro. Since he started schooling, Iro always got top marks and high honors. One thing however that set Iro apart from his parents was a talent and interest in the arts. When not studying, he usually relaxes himself by doodling and making sketches.

Despite being blessed with a gifted and artistic mind, deep inside Iro always feels he has to do more. He finds himself comparing his own abilities and accomplishments to his parents. This led him to going out of his way to try and learn different things in the hopes of rivaling his parents' reputation and skills,all of which so far ended in failure. His search for self identity has led to him having a tendency to overwork himself, which has earned him both the praise and annoyance of his fellow inklings.

Being an only child, he's a bit on the shy side around strangers. If there is a need to meet new people, he always tries to be the nicest guy since he feels he has to compensate for his timid nature.

Iro first heard of Turf Wars from watching Inkopolis News one night on the television. He thought that it looked like fun, so he decided to try it out and attended one of the Splatfests. It only took making his first splat to get the young Inkling hooked on the battles. Iro never had so much fun before that he didn't even mind if he won or lost, or if he was being grouped with unfamiliar faces.

When he returned home that night, his Father called him in for a talk. It seems that they were able to catch the Splatfest on TV and were happy to see Iro enjoying himself while on the Turf. As it turns out, Iro's Father was part of the R&D division that handled developing the weapons used in Inkopolis Turf Wars.

Iro was then led to the basement, where he is shown a complete collection of all the weapons his Father's division has released for use. His father then offered him the chance to use each and every piece of equipment in the basement for the succeeding turf wars.

With the biggest smile on his face, Iro agreed and began his new journey of being the best on the Turf.

I think I overdid it on the backstory. Well what do you guys think?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Name(s): Iro (pronounced as eye-row)
Aaahhh Oh this is super cool. I've totally seen the drawing of Iro on Miiverse! I guarantee it's somewhere in my Yeah's rn even.
But no worries on going overboard with backstory. ah gawsh, the scientist, the artist and all the self-identity, that all hits home hard. You've obviously put some thought into this character.

So does this character have a weapon main, or does he just have this incredible free weapon stash from his parents?

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Aaahhh Oh this is super cool. I've totally seen the drawing of Iro on Miiverse! I guarantee it's somewhere in my Yeah's rn even.
But no worries on going overboard with backstory. ah gawsh, the scientist, the artist and all the self-identity, that all hits home hard. You've obviously put some thought into this character.

So does this character have a weapon main, or does he just have this incredible free weapon stash from his parents?
Since he's a beginner, he's gonna try and go through all of them to find the one that suits him the most. Of course, that means he'll suck hard first. But hey:

on a side note: Melia is <3

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@GBstep Love the character and the detail--I don't note it often, but think I imply it a lot, but I wish people put this much thought into characters all the time! ^u^

That said, there's always more room for development. We know what the father does... do you know what his mom does as far as research? What arts in particular does Iro find himself drawn to? Visual? Audible? Culinary? All of the above?

Does he have any close friends? People who look up to him? People who support his drive to be better? People who tell him to stop and smell the roses? Stuff like that?

Besides his first, does he have any turf wars that really stick in his memory?

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
@GBstep Love the character and the detail--I don't note it often, but think I imply it a lot, but I wish people put this much thought into characters all the time! ^u^

That said, there's always more room for development. We know what the father does... do you know what his mom does as far as research? What arts in particular does Iro find himself drawn to? Visual? Audible? Culinary? All of the above?

Does he have any close friends? People who look up to him? People who support his drive to be better? People who tell him to stop and smell the roses? Stuff like that?

Besides his first, does he have any turf wars that really stick in his memory?
I'll put in more later once I think of it. Just to answer a few questions

1. Visual arts, that's why he doodles. He also knows a bit of guitar from one of his many failures at trying new things.

2. He's supposed to make his friends and other people as he goes through the turf wars. He's not that aware of what other people think of him given that he's an introvert and focused on self-development.

3. No particular memory in a turf war. He's just starting out, with Splatfest as his first experience.

I'll get back to the mom question once I think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom