• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Salmon Run Open Permanently?

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
It's more than a little suspicious that you signed up today, this is your very first post, and your writing is in a similar tone to the original poster.
Wow, I just registered today too, so do I look suspiciously like a 3rd dummy account?! I really am trying to not put spaces between paragraphs so I would write more similar to the OP rather than ltshadowx, which he seems to have the good sense to press "Enter" twice to make his post look slightly different than how OP writes. Also, I try not to use ... like how Itshadowx does...

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
User was warned for this post
Wow, I just registered today too, so do I look suspiciously like a 3rd dummy account?! I really am trying to not put spaces between paragraphs so I would write more similar to the OP rather than ltshadowx, which he seems to have the good sense to press "Enter" twice to make his post look slightly different than how OP writes. Also, I try not to use ... like how Itshadowx does...
Nah, they're clearly more intelligent than you.

StarSol

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StarSol
I enjoyed playing today.
I didn't get to play today. I was only able to play I think two days ago? Then I have to wait all the way until Friday night to play again. You're right. It is very enjoying to play though. Lucky are those with that schedule that hits just right to not have to miss every other Grizzco opening. I have to miss every other time it is open which is about 4 days time, at least so far it is.

Aeladya

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Aeladya
Switch Friend Code
SW-4028-2792-9217
Seriously. I paid for this game and I work 12 hour shifts and miss out on Salmon Run every time. Bump this is you think Salmon Run (Grizzco) should stay open 24/7. At least give us that much. I could understand maybe doing timed events for things that enhance a game mode like extra points happy hour or whatever, but do not just entirely lock it all away. This is a very upsetting decision made by Nintendo. If this isn't changed, I'll have to reconsider ever buying Splatoon again after this. If I known this before hand, I wouldn't have bought it. Unlock these time restrictions. Some of us are very busy in our lives and we want to relax. The other timed events don't actually take away from the game it seems, only Grizzco-the only PvE aspect of the game besides single player is.

They did it this way as the gear they give out is pretty good and they don't want overpowered players this early in the game. They want to space out the prizes, yeah I'm not fond of the idea, they could have made it so you only get money and have the gear a once a week thing or something, but they didn't. It looks like on Friday it will be a full 24 hours, but every other day it will be in 12 hour shifts. I guess it kind of makes sense if you think about how fishing works in other games and that certain fish show up on certain days, certain times, certain weather, etc. Granted this isn't fishing, but they did make it this way with that kind of story or whatever in mind.

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
Salmon Run is so stressful at this point for me, I'm kind of glad there's some break in between sessions though I do feel it is on the long side. I would have preferred it to rotate more (especially considering the lack of weapons I'm decent at) so it would be more accessible to play. I don't want to be dragging down my team now that I'm in profreshional.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
Ultimately it's up to Nintendo to decide when Salmon Run can and can't be played. I would like it to playable anytime as well, as I play with friends.
But I can see why they did it, it's a new mode they want the hype to last longer.
They haven't even put some basics that were in the last game yet such as weapons, maps, and even adding slots.

Also Nintendo never announced that it would ever be 24/7, at least it's more often than Splatfest. It's an event mode, that is actually pretty frequent and long. As I'm sure everyone said you can play anytime with local friends. Nintendo is big on friends lmao.

Just be patient, you'll get to play. People are still waiting for their main weapons from the last game, among other things that I think should already be in but alas we must wait.

They are not the same person. I also have a friend who works 12 hour ****s Mon - Thurs every week. This is not uncommon. Please don't attack other forum members over genuine complaints.

I've also had a point where I worked 12 hour shifts. Life is basically eat, sleep, shower, work. Time for fun stuff is minimal if it's a work day, even if Salmon Run is available for an hour or two after work ends, you're usually not interested in doing anything.
Oh totally. Not all of us have the comfort of a 9/5 or 8/4 job, so having a whole game mode locked up for not any real good reason really sucks. I work in a kitchen and typically Salmon Run is opened up when I'm working. When I get home I just want to listen to a podcast and go to bed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well for what it's worth, I'd like to apologize for being overly grumpy in this thread. The background stuff going on doesn't excuse it. Anyway, wanted to mention that I notice the salmon run rotations for the next week are all 24 hours, each set over two days. I rather hope they wind up keeping it that way, because while it's still not as often as people would like, it'd still be an improvement.

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
I'd like to tell myself 'This is for your own good."
I really would.
But Salmon run is hard.
The fact they're not making it accessible to us because it's a good source of cash is and excuse my language- stupid.
I've been stuck on part-timer for the lord knows how long.
Now, I'm not the best player, but I'll tell you that I was an A-
in Spl1toon.
Summary:
Salmon run hard give it all the time

MakenTosch

Inkster Jr.
I work 12-hour shifts in real life too but I don't find anything wrong with Salmon Run's schedule. Also, if you want to bring up comparisons to the real-world, Salmon Run reminds me of King Crab fishing from Deadliest Catch where the jobs are literally seasonal as they are dependent on the migration period of the King Crabs. Although, unlike King Crab fishing, you don't go to the catch in Salmon Run since the catch comes to you... with frying pans apparently.

And since Grizzco is a maritime business, it's availability is greatly affected by the season in Splatoon 2. This is clearly explained in the manuals provided to you by Grizzco. And if the salmons are not out yet, then you'll just have to wait until they do come out.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
if you want to bring up comparisons to the real-world, Salmon Run reminds me of King Crab fishing from Deadliest Catch where the jobs are literally seasonal as they are dependent on the migration period of the King Crabs. Although, unlike King Crab fishing, you don't go to the catch in Salmon Run since the catch comes to you... with frying pans apparently.
This is 100% what was said prior to release.
I have a feeling that since the mode is new they wanted to test the waters. Look at feedback then adjust.
I really do see both sides of the coin here why the Current model is fine and why Always Available would be good also. With the rotating weapons and maps.
I'm sure it will evolve into a fully flushed out mode soon

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
Just wanna update Salmon Run now consists of having 24hr sessions per event. This is pretty much good enough. I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom