• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seabagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
Nice essay. Now you're starting to go in circles. The only thing that's clear is that you're generalizing your argument because you assume that everyone who does the same ambiguous act is doing it for the same exact specific reason. At least that's how you're making it seem with your posts so far.

You say you don't take it personally but yet you feel the need to express your viewpoint in such a limited and unfounded way that proves nothing.

Maybe you are taking gaming way to seriously. Maybe you should lighten up a little. Maybe you should realize not everyone is a douche who jokes around in a playful way. Maybe, you should get over your self and develop a sense of humor.
Let's make this simple. My first post said very clearly that I think teabagging is douchey and rude.

You disagreed with me and took offense. You like teabagging. Right?

Teabagging means: the insertion of one man's sack into another person's mouth; a popular mimicking gesture in multiplayer shooter video games done to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke.

So for the record, since you took SUCH OFFENSE that I think teabagging is douchey and rude: please tell everyone that you enjoy and find nothing wrong with mimicking the act of inserting your sack into another person's mouth in order to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke. Because that's what you're saying when you act offended by my first post.

I just want you to confirm that you like teabagging. Say it.

And I'm not generalizing anything. If you're seabagging, i.e. the spinoff of teabagging, I think that's douchey. If you're not seabagging, then I don't think that's douchey. It's as simple as that --- if you're purposefully trying to teabag in Splatoon because you want to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke, then you're being a douche. If you're not doing that, then obviously you're not being a douche, and by proxy you're obviously not seabagging.

It's really that simple. Really.

Njok

Bouncer
Let's make this simple. My first post said very clearly that I think teabagging is douchey and rude.

You disagreed with me and took offense. You like teabagging. Right?

Teabagging means: the insertion of one man's sack into another person's mouth; a popular mimicking gesture in multiplayer shooter video games done to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke.

So for the record, since you took SUCH OFFENSE that I think teabagging is douchey and rude: please tell everyone that you enjoy and find nothing wrong with mimicking the act of inserting your sack into another person's mouth in order to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke. Because that's what you're saying when you act offended by my first post.

I just want you to confirm that you like teabagging. Say it.

And I'm not generalizing anything. If you're seabagging, i.e. the spinoff of teabagging, I think that's douchey. If you're not seabagging, then I don't think that's douchey. It's as simple as that --- if you're purposefully trying to teabag in Splatoon because you want to imply domination, humiliation or as a teasing joke, then you're being a douche. If you're not doing that, then obviously you're not being a douche, and by proxy you're obviously not seabagging.

It's really that simple. Really.
I am sorry to be douchey and rude right now, but can you please move this BS to pm or something? You are now just picking a fight with him. I don't care who is right about teabagging. This thread is not about teabagging, CoD or whatever. It's about people taking offence to an animation that does not even look at all like putting your balls in anyone's mouth. And if you really do think it does, allow me to just play with a girl inkling from now on. Problem solved?

By the way you actually agree in your last paragraph with the point that one million people in this thread have been trying to make and yet you keep going against it all the time.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
I am sorry to be douchey and rude right now, but can you please move this BS to pm or something? You are now just picking a fight with him. I don't care who is right about teabagging. This thread is not about teabagging, CoD or whatever. It's about people taking offence to an animation that does not even look at all like putting your balls in anyone's mouth. And if you really do think it does, allow me to just play with a girl inkling from now on. Problem solved?

By the way you actually agree in your last paragraph with the point that one million people in this thread have been trying to make and yet you keep going against it all the time.
He picked the fight, not me. But of course, you'll first point fingers at me because you agree with him.

Whether you like it or not this thread is about teabagging. The thread is called seabagging. It's a portmanteau of "sea" and "teabagging".

Whether you should assume someone transforming from a kid to a squid and back again should be taken as "seabagging" isn't my point. It's not even something I've touched on, because I don't pretend to read the mind of my opponent.

My point is that people out there who are specifically doing it for the purpose of teabagging --- they're douches. Now if you're doing the motion and you're not driven by a desire to insult and humiliate your opponent by mimicking teabagging, then by definition you're not "seabagging", you're just goofing around. But if you are seabagging, i.e. sea teabagging, and trying to do a Splatoon version of teabagging because your desire is to insult and humiliate your opponent, then yeah --- you're being douchy.

Seriously, I'm not sure why I have to go to such lengths to explain something so straightforward. I think the very fact that none of you are willing to outright say that you like teabagging is proof enough that you're presuming waaay too much meaning out of my first post.

Njok

Bouncer
Ok, i'll bite and waste some more of my time on this thread.

He picked the fight, not me. But of course, you'll first point fingers at me because you agree with him.
I do not agree with either of you because i don't give a single squid about Teabagging. To tell you the truth, i wasn't even aware of Teabagging being a thing until this whole BS thread started because i don't play other shooters, ever. I am also not pointing fingers, i literally stated i don't care who is right about Teabagging.

Whether you like it or not this thread is about teabagging. The thread is called seabagging. It's a portmanteau of "sea" and "teabagging".
It's not. It's about an animation in splatoon that the OP felt insulted by and it made him think of Teabagging. I think i don't need to repeat myself for the third time what my view on this point is, but let's do it anyway: just because you immediately assume someone is trying to humiliate you, doesn't mean that this was actually that persons intention.

Also, the fact that OP chose to call it seabagging has got absolutely nothing to do with it. If i started this thread (and the term Squidbagging had not existed yet), i would have called it Squidkidding (since that's what the animation actually does look like lol) because i don't have negative feelings associated with it. And then what?

Whether you should assume someone transforming from a kid to a squid and back again should be taken as "seabagging" isn't my point. It's not even something I've touched on, because I don't pretend to read the mind of my opponent.

My point is that people out there who are specifically doing it for the purpose of teabagging --- they're douches. Now if you're doing the motion and you're not driven by a desire to insult and humiliate your opponent by mimicking teabagging, then by definition you're not "seabagging", you're just goofing around. But if you are seabagging, i.e. sea teabagging, and trying to do a Splatoon version of teabagging because your desire is to insult and humiliate your opponent, then yeah --- you're being douchy.
Exactly our whole point but you totally twist it. Yes, if someone is doing this to be an *sshole, he is being an *sshole (go figure!). So? Read the OP and please tell me how he could have ever known if that is why someone did it?

Seriously, I'm not sure why I have to go to such lengths to explain something so straightforward.
May i point out that you are the one who sounds like a douche when you talk like that? Do you feel better than any of us here? Just because you write long posts in multiple paragraphs doesn't immediately make you smart or right. Honestly it is quite silly since this topic doesn't need whole essays....

Kikaioh

Full Squid
It's not. It's about an animation in splatoon that the OP felt insulted by and it made him think of Teabagging. I think i don't need to repeat myself for the third time what my view on this point is, but let's do it anyway: just because you immediately assume someone is trying to humiliate you, doesn't mean that this was actually that persons intention.

Also, the fact that OP chose to call it seabagging has got absolutely nothing to do with it. If i started this thread (and the term Squidbagging had not existed yet), i would have called it Squidkidding (since that's what the animation actually does look like lol) because i don't have negative feelings associated with it. And then what?

Exactly our whole point but you totally twist it. Yes, if someone is doing this to be an *sshole, he is being an *sshole (go figure!). So? Read the OP and please tell me how he could have ever known if that is why someone did it?

May i point out that you are the one who sounds like a douche when you talk like that? Do you feel better than any of us here? Just because you write long posts in multiple paragraphs doesn't immediately make you smart or right. Honestly it is quite silly since this topic doesn't need whole essays....
Why are you guys getting so salty if you're not seabagging in the first place? You seriously want to own the title "seabagging" for your "squidkidding" antics when you're not actually trying to teabag?

Again, "seabagging" and "squidbagging" are portmanteaus of "sea + teabagging" and "squid + teabagging", so you can't say that this thread isn't about teabagging. Why do you think "bagging" is added at the end of the word? Because people think transforming between squid and kid form reminds them of... bagging groceries?

Take a look at these guys right here. At the end of a 4v1 match, they proceed to exclaim that they're teabagging their opponent. That's seabagging. That's douchey. I will call it douchey and immature because that's what it is. The guy even literally says he's activating the doucheness.

If that kind of immaturity isn't your intent, then you're not seabagging. This whole time all I've been saying is that teabagging is douchey, and by extension, seabagging is douchey. If you're not seabagging then you have no reason to get up in arms when people like me call it douchey because obviously I'm not talking about you. I don't try to guess what my opponent's intent is when I'm fighting, but if in their mind they're thinking "git rekt nub ima teabag you" (and as we can see, for some people it clearly is) then they're being douches.

Feel free to call me a douche. Because clearly I didn't call you or that other guy douches in the first place. Unless, of course, you're willing to openly admit that you like teabagging, in which case I am calling you a douche --- but you guys keep avoiding it, so I guess you're getting angry at me for no reason at all. And if that makes me look like I think I'm smart, then I can't help that.

Njok

Bouncer
If that kind of immaturity isn't your intent, then you're not seabagging. This whole time all I've been saying is that teabagging is douchey, and by extension, seabagging is douchey. If you're not seabagging then you have no reason to get up in arms when people like me call it douchey because obviously I'm not talking about you.
What are you even talking about if you admit that you don't know if the guy doing this is trying to teabag you? I honestly don't understand what the point is that you are trying to make. Can you PLEASE quote the part where i said you can't call it douchey? The point is that it's irrelevant if teabagging is douchey or not because (yep, here we go again):

I am NOT talking about teabagging. This thread is NOT about teabagging. Teabagging does not exist in splatoon. We are on a forum about splatoon and this thread is about .... wait, not repeating myself for the 6th time. Have you even read the OP?

Again, "seabagging" and "squidbagging" are portmanteaus of "sea + teabagging" and "squid + teabagging", so you can't say that this thread isn't about teabagging. Why do you think "bagging" is added at the end of the word? Because people think transforming between squid and kid form reminds them of... bagging groceries?

Take a look at these guys right here. At the end of a 4v1 match, they proceed to exclaim that they're teabagging their opponent. That's seabagging. That's douchey. I will call it douchey and immature because that's what it is. The guy even literally says he's activating the doucheness.
I literally gave you a reply to both of these things in my previous post, and you just repeat them. Are you serious? :D

Whatever man, keep writing pages and pages trying to look intelligent. It's all good.

Kikaioh

Full Squid
What are you even talking about if you admit that you don't know if the guy doing this is trying to teabag you? I honestly don't understand what the point is that you are trying to make. Can you PLEASE quote the part where i said you can't call it douchey? The point is that it's irrelevant if teabagging is douchey or not because (yep, here we go again):

I am NOT talking about teabagging. This thread is NOT about teabagging. Teabagging does not exist in splatoon. We are on a forum about splatoon and this thread is about .... wait, not repeating myself for the 6th time. Have you even read the OP?

I literally gave you a reply to both of these things in my previous post, and you just repeat them. Are you serious? :D

Whatever man, keep writing pages and pages trying to look intelligent. It's all good.

Are you purposefully being dense? I'm not talking about whether or not you can guess if your opponent is trying to teabag or not. I'm talking about instances where your opponent IS actually trying to teabag. Did you even see that video I posted? That guy was openly admitting that he was trying to teabag in Splatoon. That guys is A DOUCHE. So if I say teabagging is douchey, and seabagging is by proxy douchey, I mean that it's douchy when it's actually being done. I mean seriously, what about this are you not getting? I'm not talking about if when I play against people online if I think the act of changing forms can be immediately read as douchy. There is an actuality of what a person's intent is outside of what I can infer from their actions online. If that actuality is that the person is trying to teabag in Splatoon, then they're douches. Get it?

And please don't be such a literalist to the point of making me facepalm. By your reasoning, teabagging doesn't exist in ANY video game, because none of the games literally render a player's nutsack and show it descending into another person's mouth. Obviously people do it in videogames figuratively to try and mimick the notion of teabagging, and for you to keep trying to pretend like you have to see it literally happening to call it that is playing an ignorance card so hard that you're full-on flushing. So please stop saying this thread isn't about teabagging, the name of the thread is a portmanteau for sea + teabagging, and the OP even mentions that he called it "seabagging" because it reminds him of teabagging in other shooters. It's like you're looking at the sky and calling it the ground, it's ridiculous.

The fact you're writing pages and pages in this thread yourself, and then flexing some degree of a superiority complex by turning around and acting like extensive writing is an issue only on my part, just demonstrates an irony to your own posts that I don't even need to comment on to undermine your point of view. But please, feel free to write another long-winded response if you'd like to further prove my point.

Njok

Bouncer
Are you purposefully being dense? I'm not talking about whether or not you can guess if your opponent is trying to teabag or not. I'm talking about instances where your opponent IS actually trying to teabag. Did you even see that video I posted? That guy was openly admitting that he was trying to teabag in Splatoon. That guys is A DOUCHE. So if I say teabagging is douchey, and seabagging is by proxy douchey, I mean that it's douchy when it's actually being done. I mean seriously, what about this are you not getting? I'm not talking about if when I play against people online if I think the act of changing forms can be immediately read as douchy. There is an actuality of what a person's intent is outside of what I can infer from their actions online. If that actuality is that the person is trying to teabag in Splatoon, then they're douches. Get it?

And please don't be such a literalist to the point of making me facepalm. By your reasoning, teabagging doesn't exist in ANY video game, because none of the games literally render a player's nutsack and show it descending into another person's mouth. Obviously people do it in videogames figuratively to try and mimick the notion of teabagging, and for you to keep trying to pretend like you have to see it literally happening to call it that is playing an ignorance card so hard that you're full-on flushing. So please stop saying this thread isn't about teabagging, the name of the thread is a portmanteau for sea + teabagging, and the OP even mentions that he called it "seabagging" because it reminds him of teabagging in other shooters. It's like you're looking at the sky and calling it the ground, it's ridiculous.

The fact you're writing pages and pages in this thread yourself, and then flexing some degree of a superiority complex by turning around and acting like extensive writing is an issue only on my part, just demonstrates an irony to your own posts that I don't even need to comment on to undermine your point of view. But please, feel free to write another long-winded response if you'd like to further prove my point.
Lets keep it short then. The tone you are taking while posting here seriously offends me a lot more then any teabagging could ever do. I am the one with a superiority complex? Amazing.

Please forgive me that i am going to skip the parts that i already replied to but you managed to completely ignore. I am quite done repeating myself. I am also not in the mood to cut in the quote again but somewhere at the start you literally said the point i have been making all the time.

You seem to be out to pick a fight and i am not biting anymore.

Njok

Bouncer
I cant resist and apoligize to everyone else for the double post. But this guy really needs to get of his high horse and stop insulting people.

The argument here is not about teabagging, nor did i ever say i support that gesture. What i said, and please do read it this time, is that the squid/kid animation is something i find funny and that i don't understand that people immediately assume they are being humiliated. I never said that no one will be squidbagging you with the intention of being an *******. I said that not everyone is. You make me wonder if you see the difference since you have now repeatedly agreed with me on this point and yet you continue the raging about teabagging.

You go out of your way to call me dense and ridiculous, but the fact is that for some reason you are the one who just doesn't seem to understand a simple point that i have been making all the time.

If you want to force the subject of teabagging on us, make a thread for it. I won't be joining you in that one if you don't mind.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
"Let's keep this simple" - kikaioh

"It's really that simple" - kikaioh

*A day passes*

Whole bunch of uninformative paragraphs written - kikaioh

That sure was simple!!

Kikaioh

Full Squid
@Njok: If you don't want to reply anymore, that's fine. Most people faced with overwhelming, indisputable reasoning would do the same thing (though they would at least not write two separate essays about it).

@Jeremyx7: Ahh I can almost taste the salt in your post. And it's unfortunate, but you seem incapable of understanding even simple concepts.

Seriously. All I said was that teabagging was douchey. Then you took offense. But when I asked you to publicly confirm that you think teabagging isn't douchey ---- you have nothing to say. Because you don't know what you think. You're just running on your emotions.

Seriously you guys, you're taking threads on a message board waaaay too seriously and reading waaay too much meaning into things that aren't being said. I mean.... how hard is it not to let it bother you so much or take it personally? Though feel free to keep responding and demonstrate how 'hurt' your feelings are (the irony... ohhh the irony...)

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
@Kikaioh I don't feel like reading but thanks for trying again with your undeniable reasoning skills. And thanks for keeping everything simple again! You certainly aren't a douche what so ever and clearly know how to be consistent with logical debates. Truly the apitame of maturity!!

Kikaioh

Full Squid
I never said that no one will be squidbagging you with the intention of being an *******.
I did want to make at least one strong point on this. If a person's intention isn't to be an *******, then they're not squidbagging. Squidbagging is more than just an animation --- it has to do with an intent to figuratively teabag in Splatoon. Otherwise it wouldn't be called squidbagging, it would be called something else. It's called "squidbagging" because it's being a "squid + teabagging". You can't just keep ignoring the "bagging" part, and I don't know why you do. Seriously, why do you all keep ignoring the "bagging"?

@Kikaioh I don't feel like reading but thanks for trying again with your undeniable reasoning skills. And thanks for keeping everything simple again! You certainly aren't a douche what so ever and clearly know how to be consistent with logical debates. Truly the apitame of maturity!!
Ahhh so salty. I'm almost glad you didn't read my last post, it just makes your comments all the more amusing.

Squiglet

Inkling
Is this discussion really that important?

We've all given our opinion on it. No need for this to escalate further.

Andrew

Inkling
NNID
Squidtoon
I've seen people who just seabag (I like to call it squidbagging) the whole freaking game in the middle of the course in enemy ink. If there not on my team I just let them do there thing...

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
So during a really frustrating Ranked session I started to Seabag because I felt overjoyed things were going my way. Looking back on it I'm kinda guilty ):

Njok

Bouncer
@Kikaioh i am just going to assume you are trolling.

Edited to delete insult. It's not worth it.

And yeah sure i will stop replying because you make amazing points. I sincerely mean that because i have made the same points over and over again lol.
You have now agreed with me at least 5 times yet keep missing the point and keep insulting me. It's fine.

With that i'm out of this thread because it's making me salty as hell to keep explaining my point over and over again, and i did not join this community to be arguing like this.

Last edited:

Kikaioh

Full Squid
@Jeremyx7: ...Said the 28-year-old, as though he were on an elementary school playground. :rolleyes:

@Njok: Truthfully, I think we actually do agree. It's just for whatever reason you keep insisting that you're seabagging, when from the sound of things you're not.

I do find it very ironic that you've both been so salty as to keep posting in response to this thread. Some might say it's comeuppance, but I'd like to think it's just amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom