Sheldon's Picks Discussion

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I think they didn't combine the Sprinkler with the Kraken and Inkzooka because imagine being able to charge those two very scary things without even doing anything. Stack some Special Charge Up and imagine the carnage.
A Sprinkler on a Bamboozler wouldn't charge Inkzooka as fast as an Aerospray or Carbon Roller.

Sprinklers aid in charging Specials, but in no way is it an instant special.
Both Inkzookas and Krakens take a lot of points to charge and as long as these combinations don't get paired with things like Rollers or Aerosprays you won't get that many specials.

And as long as a Dynamo (!) gets a Sprinkler to continually Echolocate opponents, Rollers get both Krakens and Inkzookas and the Jr gets Bubbler I don't think giving a Sloshing Machine, Rapid Blaster or Bamboozler a Sprinkler to charge an Inkzooka/Kraken/Bubbler is that farfetched.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I would really like a :wst_shot_quicklong00: with :bubbler:, and I feel like it could happen, too. Out of the .96 variants, Pro variants, and Dual variants (all sharing the same range) there is no Bubbler. As for sub weapon, I don't really mind as long as it gets Bubbler, but Suction Bomb or Sprinkler would be nice, considering Splat Bomb is already ruled out.
I never really considered the Dual Squelcher for a 3rd variant admittedly, but one with Bubbler would be quite nice. Out of all 3 weapons with this range, the Dual is the fairest to gain this special, since it has the slowest TTK. The Pro is already ruled out on the basis of the Berry variant, and the .96 doesn't need one since it has the popular (and overused) Deco variant. I doubt we'll get another gun in the first set, so the Dual may have to wait until Volume 2 (or 3 if they choose to do more). I personally think Burst Bombs & Bubbler would be the best set, since the Dual needs a bit of Damage so it would benefit the entire weapon and Burst Bombs would help lower the TTK. Personally, I think the unconfirmed weapons are going to be a roller and a splatling (Maybe we'll get 2 of each weapon class, giving 10 variants in each volume).

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Just give me a bamboozler with a bubble or a kraken! Honestly though, I am really happy with the Fresh Squiffer, but just give the bamboozler the same kit as the custom hydra, sprinkler/bubbler would be pretty nice, and pretty unique.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
https://twitter.com/splatoonjp

Keep an eye on the Japanese Twitter. They revealed the release date for Sheldon's Picks first and revealed the new Inkbrush first as well. :) It'll be on the English accounts with time but the Japanese Twitter always posts things first - as the JPN one is official and the NA one is not. :v

Release date is April 12. :)

I am super hyped for that Inkbrush. It's going to definitely help the Inkbrush in Ranked where it notoriously failed. >w<

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
https://twitter.com/splatoonjp

Keep an eye on the Japanese Twitter. They revealed the release date for Sheldon's Picks first and revealed the new Inkbrush first as well. It'll be on the English accounts with time but the Japanese Twitter always posts things first - as the JPN one is official and the NA one is not. :v

Release date is April 12.

I am super hyped for that Inkbrush. It's going to definitely help the Inkbrush in Ranked where it notoriously failed. >w<
Noice, less than a week away, and this image confirms that supposed leak is fake as it didn't include a Dynamo or a Splatling.

Do they say what their kits are @ anyone who knows Japanese?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Noice, less than a week away, and this image confirms that supposed leak is fake as it didn't include a Dynamo or a Splatling.

Do they say what their kits are @ anyone who knows Japanese?
their twitter currently show only one new weapon along with the three already mentioned and it's the inkbrush. it'll have splat bomb and kraken (google translate says splash bomb and giant squid).

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The photo only shows the names of the weapons but not their kits. Unfortunately, the names are too small to see even when viewing the largest size available. So I can't translate anything. :( The Twitter may reveal their kits in the coming days though.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Not sure I trust those nerfs will weaken the Dynamos and E-Liters enough (even with the sudden weight!), but since the Splash-O-Matics are getting buffed I'll take it. Too bad about the Potato Splash, though.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Not sure I trust those nerfs will weaken the Dynamos and E-Liters enough (even with the sudden weight!), but since the Splash-O-Matics are getting buffed I'll take it. Too bad about the Potato Splash, though.
Dunno what you mean by enough, but even with damage ups it will generally take longer before an E-Liter can splat you, perhaps to the point where damage ups don't even matter for long ranged targets (we'll have to see), the vanilla's Burst Bombs got a massive nerf, Echolocater was also nerfed, swim speed reduction hurts their escapes and the Custom's Kraken, and if they're splatted they lose even more special meter. I'd say all that together is a pretty good nerfin. Dynamo didn't get hit in as many ways, but the special reduction is even greater, and since it's a more close range weapon the swim speed decrease will be greatly felt. These weapons will still be great of course, but now a bit more in line with the other weapons.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
"Recommended for aggressive Inklings with an uncontrollable urge to wreak maximum havoc."
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

I never thought that I would hear anyone say this about the Inkbrush of all weapons. xD It's definitely going to be a weapon that is a force to be reckoned with when placed in the hands of someone who knows how to use the brushes. :)

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ye sheldons picks do seem awesome
I'm especially a fan of permanent inkbrush

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
The name though, Permanent Inkbrush. Sounds like the deathly hallows a bit. 'This brush, is the most powerful brush of them all! With a deadly history of passing from squid to kid'

I'm really hyped for these weapons. Especially the Splatterberry.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Oh, cool its finally coming out. That splattershot with splat bombs looks up my alley. :)

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
That Wasabi Splattershot is the winner in terms of looks. It's an absolute beaut. Do we know what sub and special weapons all these things are going to have?

And where is the Splattershot Jr love? Nintendo I am dissapoint.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
That Wasabi Splattershot is the winner in terms of looks. It's an absolute beaut. Do we know what sub and special weapons all these things are going to have?

And where is the Splattershot Jr love? Nintendo I am dissapoint.
this is volume 1. there will be another one and most likely released in june. so far only four have had their sets revealed.
Wasabi Splattershot: splat bomb/ inkstrike
Berry Splattershot Pro: suction bomb/ suction bomb rush
Fresh Squiffer: suction bomb/kraken
Permanent Inkbrush: splat bomb/kraken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom