Sheldon's Picks Discussion

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
I can't really nail what the new dynamo roller's finish is. I guess it's darker than the regular dynamo's, but it doesn't seem quite as significant as the other weapons

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
*reads pdf*

Medium reduction 50-60%...Jr
sigh...ok ok, I think I can take this...*keeps reading*

--*Main Weapon Balance changes*--

Sounds a little crazy, but ok.

Jet Squelcher - Movement speed increased 50% while firing
Is this really a good idea to give the walking monolith of range more mobility?

--*Sub weapon Balance Changes*--

Ink consumption changed from 25-40% - Burst Bomb
Weakened Knockback - Burst Bomb
Radius for Minimum damage reduced by 20% - Burst Bomb
This is actually a pretty good change. There are times when Burst Bombs can be a litt--

Minimum damage increased from 20.0 to 20.5 - Burst Bomb
Oh boy.
Radius for dealing Medium damage increased by 14% - Burst Bomb
Oh God, No...
Painting Radius increased by about 43%
NO,
NOOOO! :([/QUOTE]

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I can't really nail what the new dynamo roller's finish is. I guess it's darker than the regular dynamo's, but it doesn't seem quite as significant as the other weapons
It's a very subtle colour change, but if you look closely, the metal has a rainbow gleam to it, so we have a Silver Dynamo, a Gold Dynamo and a Rainbow Dynamo (I suppose that'll be its name). I also have a feeling that each weapon will have its own special, bar the Squiffer and Inkbrush, since there are 7 specials. That leaves the Killer Wail, Echolocator, Inkzooka & Bubbler. So this is what I assume will happen off of this logic:

The Bamboozler can't get the Killer Wail or Echolocator, since both sets already have those specials. The Slosher will most likely end up with the Killer Wail, since all 6 variants have the other specials. The Mini Splatling will get Echolocator, since both the Dynamo and Bamboozler have that special already. That leaves the Bubbler and Inkzooka; at best I guess the Bamboozler will pull the Inkzooka, and have a 1 hit KO long range special (like the original and its Killer Wail). Of course, that would leave the most controversial addition: a Dynamo with Bubbler. It could go the other way but again, there will be salty squids since the Dynamo would still have a powerful special.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The other tweaks feel inconsequential: adjusting charge times for chargers, changing and reducing the ink spread of other weapons, and they also seem to have played with the accuracy of some weapons by making the velocity bigger and the stream of some weapons more consistent. For my Jr, it looks like it will take at least an extra 30-45 seconds to get the bubbler now. There are some instances where I will get it just as I get splatted, but does that mean that I will have virtually no chance in such instances?

The Berry Splattershot pro makes me want to play with it based on name alone. :)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I would guess, to keep up with the metal theme, it would be something like platinum or diamond. It does look vaguely blue and red (or it could just be reflections), so maybe some colored metal, or like @Cyan said, a rainbow.

Probally not it, but it would be cool if it is Crystal for the subtle pokemon reference.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The new Dynamo Roller could have the most useless kit and people would still be salty over it. :P There will never be a time when the Splatoon community is not unnecessarily salty towards Dynamo Rollers. :P It could have something that doesn't benefit it like Ink Mines and people would still probably call it "overpowered" lol. :v

On that note... I'm actually half expecting it to have Ink Mines. xD It would be kind of funny. So many people are freaking out.... And it gets Ink Mines. A little ironically funny if you ask me. :P I don't know what I'd prefer for the sub but I wouldn't mind a Kraken or Killer Wail Dynamo. c:

Reactions: blu

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
As a Forge/Regular Splattershot Pro main, I'm thinking that the Suction Bomb and Bomb Rush is either the best or the worst thing to happen to an ink heavy weapon like the Pro. On the bright side, you can accurately throw bombs that with a massive explosive radius to flush out enemies, a main way they tend to get away from me; on the downside, throwing just one will cost you 70% of your precious ink tank.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
I really, really want to know what the new Dynamo’s kit will be. I would love to see it get Kraken since we’ll need to bring Special Saver and Swim Speed into builds with the update anyway. I doubt it’s going to happen, though. Bubbler or Burst Bombs could be fun as well, but this is just wishful thinking. I don’t think they’d give Dynamos such a good kit, it’d compensate its weaknesses far too much.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Burst Bombs would be nice on the Dynamo just because it's not really the easiest thing to climb walls with that thing. :P It can be sometimes hard to climb higher walls and you can't always count on teammates, so burst bombs would be nice for much easier wall climbing. :v

P-Kong

Full Squid
Dit(t)o that, the (Let me call it Titanium) Dynamo just has so many possibly kits that it doesn't have yet, but could help it enormously.

The new Mini Splatling has to get some kind of locating weapons, or else I can't imagine how it could distance itself from the Zink MS and still stand out.

Of all those, I am waiting for the new Bamboozler, it's hard to get it really viable without including Burst Bombs or something else to cover yourself in a pinch.

All those patches are quite the game-changer, though; can't wait.

(I also thought we would get one revealed weapon kit a day until release, but well, I can wait.)

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
That's exactly what I thought, that would be broken. Also, the new bamboozler needs an inkzooka, for salt purposes.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Burst Bombs would be nice on the Dynamo just because it's not really the easiest thing to climb walls with that thing. :p It can be sometimes hard to climb higher walls and you can't always count on teammates, so burst bombs would be nice for much easier wall climbing. :v
I hadn’t even thought of that! I play Rollers all the time, I wish shooters took the time to ink up walls for those who can’t do it easily. Burst Bombs could also be great in situations where there’s just no time to flick, but with the update it’s going to be much less effective as a panic button, especially with a weapon that consumes so much ink in the first place.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
As a Forge/Regular Splattershot Pro main, I'm thinking that the Suction Bomb and Bomb Rush is either the best or the worst thing to happen to an ink heavy weapon like the Pro. On the bright side, you can accurately throw bombs that with a massive explosive radius to flush out enemies, a main way they tend to get away from me; on the downside, throwing just one will cost you 70% of your precious ink tank.
I don't main the Splattershot Pro, but I like the weapon and I'm interested in learning them, especially now that they are getting a range buff and a fire rate buff (always put off by it struggling in CRC, should now be less of an issue). I second this opinion though, as Ink Saver (Main) is a must on this weapon, since it's so ink hungry. I honestly am doubtful that this variant of the weapon has the most ink intensive sub and a questionable special for Ranked. Bomb Rush is good and all for Turf, but it isn't very aggressive, unless it's on a weapon with Splat Bombs or the Splattershot (Burst Bombs). Reminder that Bomb Rush is the special, not whatever it is paired with. Anyway, I don't see how people are going to be able to use this special effectively, since Suction Bombs take the longest to detonate, whereas Splat Bombs can be rolled to detonate quicker, allowing for a more aggressive Bomb Rush approach.

It's a shame, since the Berry Splattershot Pro has a nice name and colour scheme. I can see it being a better version of the Vanilla Splash, particularly in Turf War, but I am dubious of its viability in Ranked. Only 3 days left to find out, I do hope its sub/special set is effective in Ranked, because I would like to make it one of my mains.

DualSquelched

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nilithium
I don't main the Splattershot Pro, but I like the weapon and I'm interested in learning them, especially now that they are getting a range buff and a fire rate buff (always put off by it struggling in CRC, should now be less of an issue). I second this opinion though, as Ink Saver (Main) is a must on this weapon, since it's so ink hungry. I honestly am doubtful that this variant of the weapon has the most ink intensive sub and a questionable special for Ranked. Bomb Rush is good and all for Turf, but it isn't very aggressive, unless it's on a weapon with Splat Bombs or the Splattershot (Burst Bombs). Reminder that Bomb Rush is the special, not whatever it is paired with. Anyway, I don't see how people are going to be able to use this special effectively, since Suction Bombs take the longest to detonate, whereas Splat Bombs can be rolled to detonate quicker, allowing for a more aggressive Bomb Rush approach.

It's a shame, since the Berry Splattershot Pro has a nice name and colour scheme. I can see it being a better version of the Vanilla Splash, particularly in Turf War, but I am dubious of its viability in Ranked. Only 3 days left to find out, I do hope its sub/special set is effective in Ranked, because I would like to make it one of my mains.
My goodness, hello from down on A+. :D
But anyway, I think it's best use would be on on Ranked modes with a central objective. Splat Zones would be ideal where everyone would be fighting for a center point, meaning it's easy to lay waste to an area with Suction Bombs. If the objective is moving, however, it'll be harder to trap enemies with them.
I think I'll be running this gun with Pilot Goggles, an FC Albacore shirt and Strapping Whites.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Just a question when does volume 1 release
Bruh.

https://twitter.com/splatoonjp

Keep an eye on the Japanese Twitter. They revealed the release date for Sheldon's Picks first and revealed the new Inkbrush first as well. :) It'll be on the English accounts with time but the Japanese Twitter always posts things first - as the JPN one is official and the NA one is not. :v

Release date is April 12. :)

I am super hyped for that Inkbrush. It's going to definitely help the Inkbrush in Ranked where it notoriously failed. >w<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom