• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Discussion

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
If that new Inkbrush has Burst Bombs and Echolocator, I would be the happiest squid ever. *o* Some Special Charge Up and I can annoy everyone with a constant stream of Echolocator. Oh it would be so much fun. :P

Or Splat Bombs.

Or Suction Bombs.

Can we please just give the Inkbrush bombs of some sort? x)

Cyan

Inkling Commander
In terms of the weapons we already know about (confirmed sub and special), the Wasabi Splattershot looks the best. I can see it being very viable, since it's the Tentatek equivalent of the Splattershot Pro without the issues of poor ink efficiency and slow strafing. Even if it isn't effective in Ranked, I'll definitely use it for Splatfest, since it has Inkstrikes and will do very well in combat and has decent ink coverage too. I would love to see a new kind of Splash-o-Matic, possibly with Disruptors or Splat Bombs as the sub and either Bubbler, Kraken, Inkstrikes or Killer Wail as the special. It would be better suited to Ranked than the other two, although the Neo can hold its own very well as it is. A new Carbon would be nice too, especially if it had Bubbler or Kraken to protect it when it struggles in 1v1 situations. If the Tri-Slosher got a Kraken that would be pretty nice too, although I already love the original, a 2 shot kill with Disruptors and Bubbler is a very powerful weapon. I would just like to see the underpowered weapons get a boost with a variant that adds a better sub and special to make them more potent and viable in Ranked, just to add more variety to the game. Not long left until we find out the new subs and sets in volume one, I cannot wait until it arrives.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I would love to see a new kind of Splash-o-Matic, possibly with Disruptors or Splat Bombs as the sub and either Bubbler, Kraken, Inkstrikes or Killer Wail as the special. It would be better suited to Ranked than the other two, although the Neo can hold its own very well as it is.
the neo set is the best set for the splash-o-matic imo. The burst bombs are super useful for quicker kills and for finishing off enemies that may have escaped your 4th shot needed to kill. They're also great for far off enemies. And the inkzooka is just great in general for short ranged weapons because you can kill chargers and other weapons that far outrange you.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Tri-Slosher with Splat Bombs and Killer Wail...though the original Tri-Slosher is really good and not really underused so I doubt there will be a new one of those.

Maybe a new Nozzlenose. I love the two we have (vanilla L-3 moreso) but maybe an L-3 with a Splash Wall and Echolocator?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I would probally like a Splat Roller with :pointsensor: and :bubbler:, there are no rollers so far with Point Sensors (or disruptors, but they might be a tad OP) and they would allow you to take a more team support role. Also, there are no good rollers with Bubbler, and the Splat Roller would probally work best with it (Brushes and Carbon have too little range, Dynamo would be salt city).

Then again, I'll be happy with anything with :squidbeacon:. It seems like they have not added any beakon weapons since the Sploosh, and they are pretty fun to use (if you get lucky enough to have a team that uses them)

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
What I want is a sploosh with seekers and maybe echolocator? That would be so fun to play. I'm usually that guy who spams seekers everywhere and confuses the **** out of the opponents with short ranged weapons (namely the carbon deco). Give me that, and I'll be a happy squid.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
My dream kit would be the Slosher having burst bombs and burst bomb rush. Failing that suction bomb and bomb rush special are also fine. What I'd have liked before the ability buffs was sprinkler and echolocator but I'm not so keen on that now. What I'd hate would be point sensor, beakon or ink mine and for specials killer wail isn't something I'd be too keen on though it beats inkstrike

Cyan

Inkling Commander
My dream kit would be the Slosher having burst bombs and burst bomb rush. Failing that suction bomb and bomb rush special are also fine. What I'd have liked before the ability buffs was sprinkler and echolocator but I'm not so keen on that now. What I'd hate would be point sensor, beakon or ink mine and for specials killer wail isn't something I'd be too keen on though it beats inkstrike
I wouldn't be so quick to write off the Inkstrike or Killer Wail, both of these specials are great when used in the correct ways. The Killer Wail has great uses on both Tower and Rainmaker, since it can force people off the Tower and is great at popping open the Rainmaker shield. On narrow maps such as Walleye, Arowana and Port, the Killer Wail can close off a large portion of the map, allowing for pushes and to apply pressure on the other team whilst their space is restricted. On the other hand, with the Inkstrike you can use it to flush out snipers and apply pressure, rather than use it for obvious objectives like repainting the Splat Zone or something similar. By activating it on key points of the map, you allow you and your teammates to apply pressure and force the enemy to either retreat or come out into the open where they'll be at a disadvantage. In my opinion, Echolocator is the weakest special, since Cold-Blooded completely eradicates it and Haunt now gets a Run, Damage and Defence boost whilst marked thanks to the 2.6.0 update. Bomb Rush is a questionable special, and I'd argue it only has uses with Burst Bombs and Splat Bombs. Bomb Rush is the special, and I see people confusing what the special is all the time and treating each variant as its own special type, when in actual fact they are all Bomb Rush, but vary based on the weapon's sub. I don't see the need for the Slosher to have Burst Bombs and Bomb Rush, since it has a consistent 2 hit kill, however having Suction Bombs instead with Bomb Rush would be good for Turf Wars and Splatfest, since it would give the Slosher a set time to get decent coverage since it struggles with that on its own.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I want a Slosher that can kill and turf and bomb rush especially suction bomb rush is great at doing that plus they can be what mines used to be for tower control a guaranteed kill or guaranteed abandonment. I know a lot of people say Slosher Deco is great but I'm not a wall kind of guy and Kraken is something that requires me to dedicate some of my kit to it for it to be at max efficacy.

Wail is good but I'd prefer Suction bomb rush over it and inkzooka was never the same for me after the nerf and I've no desire to relearn it

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Idk, the Sloshing Machine already has bomb rush, and I doubt they're going to go about making one borderline useless. Other than that, you essentially described the Vanilla Slosher. Burst cancelling is awesome and Inkstrike is decent at times.

I just don't forsee it having a bomb rush when the Sloshing Machine exists. Bomb Rush is pretty common on shooters, but they all have positive traits over one another, where as either of the other two sloshers would be preferred over the Sloshing Machine due to its sort of awkward hitbox.

Granted, I'm not a slosher main, so I'm not 100% sure how it'd all work out.

Standing by my hopes for a Burst Bomb Hydra though.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
For Sloshers and Splattlings they seem t owant to make them truly unique. I think the only shared thing is 2 splattlings having bubbler. In all likelihood they're going to ruin this Slosher by giving it beakons or inkmines. Sprinkler otr Suction bomb is my preference. As for special I can practically taste the killer wail. Only the splat roller has Suction/Wail as a combo

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
For Sloshers and Splattlings they seem t owant to make them truly unique. I think the only shared thing is 2 splattlings having bubbler. In all likelihood they're going to ruin this Slosher by giving it beakons or inkmines. Sprinkler otr Suction bomb is my preference. As for special I can practically taste the killer wail. Only the splat roller has Suction/Wail as a combo
Beakons doesn't sound so bad, they are really useful. Maybe a set of Beakons with Inkzooka or Wail.

Methinks they should buff the Inkmine, though, especially now with the Bomb Sniffer buff meaning more people will be running that and not stumbling into Ink Mines.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I'm struggling to think of a more viable set for the Bamboozler than the MK-II that we already have. For each successive version, neither the sub or special can be repeated, so having a disruptor is out of the question. Maybe we'll get the overused point sensor/Kraken set again. It wouldn't be unthinkable, considering the Wasabi Splattershot got the standard Pro's loadout.

... Maybe sprinkler and Bubbler?

Oh god what if it's burst bombs? There will be literally no charging on this weapon, it'd play like a long range, low spread brush: tapping the R then RZ to bomb/poke. -or if you could catch someone by surprise, launch a fully charged shot and follow up with a burst bomb; even the lightest of grazes should constitute a splat, especially if you're stacking Damage Up (which you should be if this set were real). I'd be having an internal conflict between using that or the MK-II. ...I suck with both, but it'd be motivation to try anyway.
I'm thinking the new bamboozler is either going to get burst bombs or sprinkler. Maybe :burstbomb: :kraken: or :sprinkler: :inkstrike:

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Beakons doesn't sound so bad, they are really useful. Maybe a set of Beakons with Inkzooka or Wail.

Methinks they should buff the Inkmine, though, especially now with the Bomb Sniffer buff meaning more people will be running that and not stumbling into Ink Mines.
Yup, they should buff it and introduce it on one of Sheldon's Picks.

They should just make it work like the Squid Beakon.
This makes it so that the Mine stays out forever, unless it is destroyed by an opponent.
Additionally, you could place three at once.
If that's too much, you could add that it destroys itself if you die, Sprinkler style.
I think a 52 Gal with an Ink Mine would make it popular again, on top of these buffs

I hope there's a Sprinkler set in these picks, there aren't many Sprinkler sets.
There's no :sprinkler::kraken:/:sprinkler::inkzooka: set yet and only one :sprinkler::bubbler:/:sprinkler::killerwail: set
The combinations with the most sets are :sprinkler::inkstrike: and :sprinkler::echolocator: with a whopping two sets.

As for weapon types with a Sprinkler:

One mid range shooter
One long range shooter
No short range shooter, like a Jr or Aerospray

The biggest weapons class in the game gets a measly two sets.

No blaster
No slosher

Just, no Sprinkler sets for two entire weapon classes!
This means even more for the Blaster class, which has its Luna, Vanilla, Rapid AND Rapid Pro variants.
None of them has a Sprinkler

One Roller (Dynamo)
No vanilla Roller
No Carbon Roller

One charger (Kelp)
No short range charger, like Bamboozler or Squiffer

One Brush (And unless it gets buffed, it pretty useless)
One Splatling

Combine this with the spread of Special Weapons and it's clear we need quite a few more Sprinkler sets. (And a buff to the Brush)

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Yup, they should buff it and introduce it on one of Sheldon's Picks.

They should just make it work like the Squid Beakon.
This makes it so that the Mine stays out forever, unless it is destroyed by an opponent.
Additionally, you could place three at once.
If that's too much, you could add that it destroys itself if you die, Sprinkler style.
I think a 52 Gal with an Ink Mine would make it popular again, on top of these buffs

I hope there's a Sprinkler set in these picks, there aren't many Sprinkler sets.
There's no :sprinkler::kraken:/:sprinkler::inkzooka: set yet and only one :sprinkler::bubbler:/:sprinkler::killerwail: set
The combinations with the most sets are :sprinkler::inkstrike: and :sprinkler::echolocator: with a whopping two sets.

As for weapon types with a Sprinkler:

One mid range shooter
One long range shooter
No short range shooter, like a Jr or Aerospray

The biggest weapons class in the game gets a measly two sets.

No blaster
No slosher

Just, no Sprinkler sets for two entire weapon classes!
This means even more for the Blaster class, which has its Luna, Vanilla, Rapid AND Rapid Pro variants.
None of them has a Sprinkler

One Roller (Dynamo)
No vanilla Roller
No Carbon Roller

One charger (Kelp)
No short range charger, like Bamboozler or Squiffer

One Brush (And unless it gets buffed, it pretty useless)
One Splatling

Combine this with the spread of Special Weapons and it's clear we need quite a few more Sprinkler sets. (And a buff to the Brush)
I think they didn't combine the Sprinkler with the Kraken and Inkzooka because imagine being able to charge those two very scary things without even doing anything. Stack some Special Charge Up and imagine the carnage.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I would really like a :wst_shot_quicklong00: with :bubbler:, and I feel like it could happen, too. Out of the .96 variants, Pro variants, and Dual variants (all sharing the same range) there is no Bubbler. As for sub weapon, I don't really mind as long as it gets Bubbler, but Suction Bomb or Sprinkler would be nice, considering Splat Bomb is already ruled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom