Sheldon's Picks Discussion

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I too have a suspicion that this new Dynamo will have Bubbler attached, I don't see it getting the Killer Wail, since it's too similar to the Inkstrike in way of activating, I doubt Inkzooka will happen either, since that would be worse than the outcry for Bubbler. However, if it gets Disrubbler, then the game will be destroyed forever

karl childers

Full Squid
Ouch. That new Bamboozler is going to hurt in the right hands. x) I have a friend who mains the Bamboozler and I think he'll be very happy to see the Burst Bombs are the sub. It definitely gives a lot of viability to the Bamboozler as it makes it easier for them to splat. In the hands of someone with excellent aim, it's going to be a very annoying and dangerous gun. x)
I agree. With the other Bamboozlers (which are already insanely good), there are instances where a person can escape or hide behind something and heal before getting hit by the follow-up shot. Now they can be easily finished off with a Burst Bomb. Same with rushdown. You only need to land one shot on them and then they're easy pickins. I have long since theorized about how op the Bamboozler would be if it got Burst Bombs. I really hope that I'm wrong.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hell yes they did exactlywhat I was hoping for with the new Slosher, combining both my realistic expectation (Splat/Suction + Wail/Echo) with my wishful thinking (Disrupter + Inkzooka)! Yeah it's more Bombs, but the Slosher needs a combative sub to alleviate it's weakness's so it was either that or Disruptors, which they probably figured was too OP with Inkzooka. I think it'll be worthwhile to run damage here to help ensure a slosh + bomb splash damage is a kill, similar to the Vanilla Slosher. Inkzooka, arguably the best special needs no explanation, and even better is that this weapon should be among those with less special reduction per death.

As for the new Bamboozler, while viable, I do agree that it's more for beginners and that the other two's kits are superior, I mean they don't have Inkstrike afterall. Burst Bombs can help finish foes off though I think unlike an E-Liter or Jet Squelcher it'd actually be slower that way, but easier, and there'll be situations where that's actually the best or only option. Plus the damage ups you're probably already using for the Bamboozler now have dual purpose. I know I already knocked the Inkstrike but atleast it does make some sense here as the Bamboozler is not the greatest ink spreader.

Now that I think about it again, neither the new weapons sound bad, it's just that they seem to be doing the same subs over and over for these new weapons. A whopping 3 weapons have :splatbomb:, a relatively common sub weapon already. Two more have :suctionbomb:, a very similar sub. Neither are bad, it's just that more than half of these weapons have a time based bomb. Meanwhile, one has :burstbomb:, which is yet another offencive bomb, and will not be as effective due to the nerf. Plus, both the Splattershot and Splattershot pros already have variants with a timed bomb, and it is not like the change will make too much of a difference. I honestly wanted to see more sub variety and the prominence of more supportive subs like :splashwall:,:disruptor:,:squidbeacon:,:pointsensor:,:sprinkler:,:inkmine:, and :seeker:, yet none of these sub weapons have made it in yet. With 6 weapons to make, they only used 3 subs. I hope that the second set has a bit more creative sub balancing and not just splat bombs everywhere.

Plus, the special variety hasn't been the best. There still are no new weapons with :echolocator:,:bubbler:, or :killerwail:, and I don't see Bubbler happening due to Zink/Dynamo salt. IMO, it would have been better if the Wasabi had :killerwail: instead of :inkstrike:, to give it a niche of a faster charging special and make it more useful in TC/RM. Also, we still have not seen either a Slosher or a Splatling with :killerwail:, which likely means they might put it on the new Mini Splatling (which is kinda a shame, it would be hard to live up to it's other variants.) The only other unique splatling special is Bomb rush, but that would mean either more Splat/Suction bombs, more Burst Bombs (which might be kind of good) or seekers, which are map dependent. It's like the developers are trying to limit their new weapon diversity.
I think they're just focusing on making sure the kits are good n viable but not too overpowered. While Sprinklers, Point Sensors, and Beacons aren't bad subs at all they're generally not seen as the greatest ones, certainly lesser to the throwable bombs. Splash Walls are really good as we all know so they have to be mindful of what weapon they give it to, though yeah no excuse for Disruptors not having been used. Ink Mine and Seeker are definitely the lesser subs so I'd only expect to see them on the Dynamo or other already heavily used weapons.

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
It just feels too broken to give the dynamo, of all rollers, a bubbler ya know? Sure that would be my wet dream come true being an aggressive dynamo main, but it feels like too much. Also, since brushes are in the roller category, there already is a roller with bubbler. However, there is not a single roller with either point sensors or disruptors, and splash walls would be mostly useless for that type of weapon. So it would nice to have a roller contain one of those subs.

But if i were to get what I'd want, beside the broken bubbler on dynamo, I'd love to get the disruptor and killer wail. Sure the disruptor is a bit too much, but man would that set help with some its weaknesses(plus killer wail is my favorite special in the game).

Edit: Whatever the dynamo is getting however, I'm still excited for it, because the specials don't get any lower for it than inkstrike. Not saying that inkstrike is garbage tier, but I just can't see the dynamo not appreciating literally any other special in the game.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
It just feels too broken to give the dynamo, of all rollers, a bubbler ya know? Sure that would be my wet dream come true being an aggressive dynamo main, but it feels like too much. Also, since brushes are in the roller category, there already is a roller with bubbler. However, there is not a single roller with either point sensors or disruptors, and splash walls would be mostly useless for that type of weapon. So it would nice to have a roller contain one of those subs.

But if i were to get what I'd want, beside the broken bubbler on dynamo, I'd love to get the disruptor and killer wail. Sure the disruptor is a bit too much, but man would that set help with some its weaknesses(plus killer wail is my favorite special in the game).

Edit: Whatever the dynamo is getting however, I'm still excited for it, because the specials don't get any lower for it than inkstrike. Not saying that inkstrike is garbage tier, but I just can't see the dynamo not appreciating literally any other special in the game.
Nah there's disadvantages to a bubbler it's easy to shove back and lasts hardly any time compared to a kraken it lasts about the same time as a killer wail so a bubblers more a defense weapon

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Just tested and nope nevermind, damage ups hardly make a difference for the Soda Slosher unless you use a crap ton of em, at which point I'd much rather use Ink Saver Sub to be able to throw two bombs at once, infact that's exactly the set I'm gonna run with it! It'll be especially good with the Inkzooka as when you activate not only will you have the Inkzooka but also two free bombs.

Nah there's disadvantages to a bubbler it's easy to shove back and lasts hardly any time compared to a kraken it lasts about the same time as a killer wail so a bubblers more a defense weapon
Pushing back a Bubbler is only effective if you outrange it, and Dynamo have range greater or equal to over half the weapons in this game. 5 seconds is still plenty of time to splat your foes or escape, and of course we can't forget that it can be shared among teammates. Also, this is the Dynamo we're talking about, an already amazing and heavily used weapon. It really shouldn't be given such a great special that makes it even harder to combat especially with how fast it charges specials.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I am very much a fan of the Soda Slosher. Particularly after the Burst Bomb edits (basically nerfs but I concede the benefits to the increased mid-tier and paint radii), the standard Slosher has lost most of its ranged offense; the Deco is very much a melee weapon, so the Soda set really opens up new horizons. It'll have a really strong close-mid-range game (like, on a scale from 1 to 5 with 1 being Sploosh and 5 being the E-Litre, a 2) with the attack speed increase and also have options at bomb range; it's also one weapon that can definitely use the ability to roll a bomb onto the ground after Super Jumping to a death-trap, as it's never going to be capable of trading off in that situation with the Main alone. And then, like, everything the Inkzooka can do, which is very much new to Sloshers in general (the Machine Neo has it but I have yet to deal with its learning curve), can only expand the range of stages on which the weapon is effective.

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
these new weapons im gonna have to get used to i feel like ill have a match up where the whole team is wasabi splattershot ink strikes everywhere lol

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
these new weapons im gonna have to get used to i feel like ill have a match up where the whole team is wasabi splattershot ink strikes everywhere lol
Oh yeah, I've forgotten what it's like after a new weapon... that week when you could run into a Turf War with nothing but Hydra Splatlings was a unique experience.

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
Oh yeah, I've forgotten what it's like after a new weapon... that week when you could run into a Turf War with nothing but Hydra Splatlings was a unique experience.
when they said no more weapons were coming i thought ok that cool i guess. but now weapons that have a cool design with different specials and subs will be odd

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Refurbished... couldnt even afford a new mini... so disrespectful.

Jokes aside though im kinda mad they gave the mini the burst bombs and bomb rush instead of the ink brush however I dont think it will be enough to bring people away from the Zimi; Zimis just too stronk. Tempered dyna? sounds snazzy, im not a fan of dynamos but i hope they gain some mobility with those seekers. also everyone prepare yourselves for constant wails now.

Also also: Tomorrows the day i can finally get my brush Kreygasm. I WILL be maining splat bombs using that ink saver sub buff, so expect to see splat bombs in 2s.

also also also: rip the dream for dyna/bubbler

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So now two mini splatlings have the same kit as two splattershots. Well that really f**ing sucks. Like really, they couldn't give the killer wail, or any other set that isn't the same as the splattershot. I'd still use it. But i was hoping for something more original.

EDIT: Thank Cthulhu the dynamo didn't get bubbler or kraken.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Definitely going to have to pick up the soda slosher, as i have awful burst bomb game.

EDIT: FINAL WEAPONS ARE Refurbished Mini Splatling: Burst Bomb/Bomb Rush, and the Tempered Dynamo Roller: Seeker/Killer Wail

Oh god seekers on a dynamo is definitely going to be the source of a lot of salt.
MAIN! NEW MAIN EVERYONE!
feel my temper! >;3333333333
sorry but omg, I love the sound of that. and seekers are not only buffed but will be useful.
Question though because I can't remember, can you cancel the long wind up/flick with your sub weapon?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Dynamo + Seeker sounds like a ton of ink usage.

Would of been a nightmare if it had the Disruptor though. x.x

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
YES! Something familiar in both sub and special, and if I can pick up the tempered, I might be able to get down the other Dynamos, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom