Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I am really hyped for the new splatterscope. I hope it gets something like the disruptor and kraken to help in close-quarters combat.
But I'll give all of the other weapons a try too. I'm still trying to figure out how to use a splash wall on a freaking ROLLER.
Swim away, swim awayyy

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
No Sloshing Machine is a terrible shame, but, like, there's still a chance that it'll get buffed in what I presume will be 2.8.0 (range, shot speed, peripheral shot radius or some combination thereof could all be boosted without it becoming broken or unfair). It's got good sets on both extant variants; just really struggles to apply pressure on its own.

I hope this H-3 is monstrous. Not gonna use it regardless, but I want to be able to join a Ranked Battle, see the Cherry H-3 on the opposing team and feel my blood run cold.

As a very recently-inducted Range Blaster player, I'm really excited for what the Turbo Range Blaster will have to offer. Its two present sets are already great, although the vanilla is overshadowed by the Custom in the majority of maps (probably better for some SZ stages with chokepoints, but that's more or less all). I don't think it'll get Bubbler just because it already has invincibility, so... Burst Bombs/Echolocator? That's very different from the two it has and the Sub can save it in CQC.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
holysh-

Wow, a new gattle AND a new sniper! Count me hyped, can't wait for the kits to be revealed! Really hoping the gattle will have beakons for a sub, and i don't care what the new scope will get i will still use it! I can't describe how happy i am that there's finally a new sniper coming out, AND a new heavy!

Oh yeah, there's the bronze aero too.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use a splash wall on a freaking ROLLER.
It sounds weird, but I plan to test that roller by using the walls as distractions. I don't know if it will work, but it will be fun to see how that goes.

A new Aerospray will be fun to try out. Splatbomb would be a great sub for it. Not sure about the special. It needs at least one of it's sub or special to have good range.

I'm really happy with the Neo Sploosh, I hope the new one can compete with it. A grenade sub would be nice. The other two Splooshes are just short range weapons, some sort of range would be appreciated.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Wonder if the Aerospray will get a range buff or else be moved up to a 4-hit splat. I do see them in S Ranked on occasion, and the silver ones (never remember which one has which name) really get stuff done, but they need something to give them more ability to hold their own. A throwable Sub is almost certain with the new one (only the Splash Wall remains unused and doesn't travel), so it's probably going to get more ranged pressure, at least.
It sounds weird, but I plan to test that roller by using the walls as distractions. I don't know if it will work, but it will be fun to see how that goes.
That's how I toss them out occasionally with the Slosher Deco and Range Blaster (throw a Wall at a sensible point but then just discreetly swim off to make an attack in a completely unrelated direction). I couldn't say how successful it actually is, but it doesn't seem to be a bad use of them, so...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, I was hoping for a Splash-O variant (nvm that people tend to use it fairly often). Ah well. At least we have a new N-ZAP (or is that a SNES-ZAP?) and the CoroCoro Splat Roller. Those should be good enough for me until I get used to the other weapons.

Oh yeah, anyone notice the stickers on the new H-3, Heavy and Splatterscope? Never thought I'd see some sushi grass on a weapon in particular.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
Time to figure out what consonant the new Aerospray has. According to inkipedia, MG is short for "Master Grade" and RG for "Real Grade", which are scale classifications for Mobile Suit Gundam figures.

Also notice there's a sticker over the meter on the new Sploosh-o-matic instead of on the tank.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Aw~, no new Octobrush or Sloshing Machine. But at least there's an H-3! Oh, and heavy splatling and a splatterscope. Wonder if these weapons will also have any curious kits like the new splat roller.

Can't wait to see what sort of buffs or nerfs the H3 is sure to get. I want to be a hipster and scoff as I say, "Well I remember when this weapon..."

Inb4 everything gets Kraken.
Silly squid, it'll be bomb rush. Lag Bomb rushes for everything! Lag Bomb rush all the matches!!

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
No weapon I give the slighest crap about. Great. Except for the Heavy Splatling of course, but it can't get any better for me than Point Sensors and Kraken, so there better be new clothes coming with this update.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
isnt that the set that one of the l3 nozzlenoses has though? seems unlikely theyd give it the exact same kit

if it had bubbler though id be veryyyy interested
Yup, but considering they gave the Permanent Inkbrush a combination of the two Octobrush sets I don't think it's entirely out of the question it gets the D (•-•)
Though now that I think about it, Burst Bomb and Bubbler would be a unique set, so I think it's even better.

Aw~, no new Octobrush or Sloshing Machine. But at least there's an H-3! Oh, and heavy splatling and a splatterscope. Wonder if these weapons will also have any curious kits like the new splat roller.

Can't wait to see what sort of buffs or nerfs the H3 is sure to get. I want to be a hipster and scoff as I say, "Well I remember when this weapon..."

Silly squid, it'll be bomb rush. Lag Bomb rushes for everything! Lag Bomb rush all the matches!!
I'd be more unstable than my connection if that'd happen.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I would've liked to see another sloshing machine since that's one of my mains, but I don't really have a problem with the weapons that were picked getting another kit, especially the H-3. While I've seen a few more H-3s since the last update, it still seems pretty rare. I can't really blame people for not using it though; the one time I tried it out it I had a really tough time. Here's hoping for a buff and a nice new kit for the thing.

I've been trying to practice with rollers a bit more and I'm kind of intrigued by the CoroCoro roller's set, so I'll probably experiment with it too. I might also give the N-ZAP a shot.

No weapon I give the slighest crap about. Great. Except for the Heavy Splatling of course, but it can't get any better for me than Point Sensors and Kraken, so there better be new clothes coming with this update.
New gear would be nice, yeah. I think it'd make sense to include other new gear with the CoroCoro stuff we're getting, but I don't know how likely that is.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Can anyone make out what the inkling is holding behind him? It doesn't look like any of the weapons pictured, I'm wondering if it's supposed to be a sub or something...

UnChosen

Inkster Jr.
I hope the new Aerospray will get Sprinkler and Bubbler. The only other set I can see working well is Splat/Suction Bomb and Kraken to make it better in combat but it will just be an inferior Perma-Inkbrush IMO.

And for the love of Cod, please do not give it a support kit like Beakon/Wail or Disrupter/Echo when it is already so bad at confrontations. The Custom Splattershot Jr. is regarded as one of the worst weapons for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom