• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Huh, I don't know what I was expecting from this volume, but... this'll work pretty nicely. I'm drawn to the new H-3 and N-ZAP, but I wanna see what the kits for these things are before deciding what I wanna get. (If I ever get them, actually; I still have yet to buy any of the Vol. 1 weapons.)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Neo Sploosh has an offensive set already, Point Sensors/Kraken allows it to mark opponents and set up flanks more easily. The Kraken is there as the "panic" button for when flanks or ambushes don't go right to save yourself and still possibly get the splat(s). Yes it sucks that Bubbler/Kraken is used like this but it works and is part of the strategy for the special so you have to deal with it. What this Sploosh needs is range, which rules out all but Inkzooka as the special when taken from that approach. Now that I've thought about it, I could honestly see it getting Seekers/Inkstrike (like the .52 Deco).

I'm confident this set of weapons will focus on the unused subs from Vol. 1 (Disruptor, Sprinkler, Splash Wall, Seeker, Point Sensor), and will be severely disappointed if we get more Splat/Suction/Burst Bombs. I only want to see 1 Burst Bomb set, and that is purely for the H3 to help its kill power (I want either that or Disruptor on it). The H3 I would like either Burst/Bubbler, Disruptor/Kraken or Sprinkler/Bubbler/Kraken (either special would do for that). It really needs a close range special, since it struggles in CRC, so I'm leaning more towards giving it Kraken so it can attack at close range where you get 2/3 shots land but can't get another round of shots off in time. Any other special would make it horrible, as none will work with the main weapon effectively.

The only other weapon of interest for me is the NZAP, and I would really love it to get Point Sensor/Bubbler. This set currently only exists on the Classic Squiffer and Custom Blaster, neither are shooter weapons either. It would give the NZAP a more ranked-orientated set and would encourage more people to use it. Overall, I think the potential special for this will be either Bubbler, Kraken or Inkzooka, as the current 2 NZAPs don't have aggressive specials like those mentioned.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of seeing this roller, it's essentially a worse Carbon. Splash Walls won't work well at all on it and the Inkzooka works best with Burst Bombs, where you can ink the ground on demand. Also the traditional Splat Roller died a long time ago, it used to be rare not to see a Krak-On Roller, now it's nowhere to be found. I'll try to pick it up because it has a ridiculous set, but I struggle with the Splat Roller, it is too difficult to land splats consistently because of the centre flick nerf. I don't know how close I need to be to get the splat and too many weapons kill faster than its swing time.
I hope you're right about there being more sub weapon variety this time, and atleast so far you are with Splash Walls being confirmed already. I was actually hoping the H-3 would get them though since Burst Bombs and Disruptors are already on the L-3, which while we're at it also has Kraken. Disruptors do make way too much sense on this thing and no other mid range weapon has so I wouldn't mind that, but Kraken nah there are too many Shooters with it already. I don't want another case of Forge Pro vs. H-3D, so I really hope it get's Bubbler. That would not only differentiate it from the L-3 but also all weapons in it's range tier since none of them have Bubbler. I atleast would most definitely use it more often.

Your last paragraph though is just... what!? I see plenty of Krak-On Rollers and even a good number of Splat Rollers not counting myself, and they don't suck just because you are not familiar with them. Unlike H-3 vs. other Shooter weapons the Splat Roller isn't straight up inferior to the Carbon and vice versa and they're both great, so having similar sets isn't too much issue. You really can't see the synergy between Splash Wall and Inkzooka? I mean sure that may or may not be the best Inkzooka combo (that'd be Disruptors + Inkzooka imo), but it's not like the Inkzooka isn't already OP on it's own. I think the Splash Wall can still work for the Roller, just in different ways, namely being used more defensively.

Here are some higher quality pics of a few of the new weapons.
Dang they look awesome, well we already knew that about the Splat Roller, but the H-3 and it's Cherry motif looks sweet!

Are you sure you meant Forge or am I crazy xD?
lawlz of course I meant the Berry, was a typo my bads! :p

EBJustin

Full Squid
NNID
EBJustin
Hopefully the kits are revealed beforehand. Otherwise, it'd still be pretty fun to be kept in the dark until the update (in terms of the weapon kits) as it would be even more hype at that point in time.

Can't wait for that roller with the wall though! OpieOP

CM86

Pro Squid
The range blasters color scheme is sick. I don't even care what the kit will be. Will use it just for the green flames :)

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I hope you're right about there being more sub weapon variety this time, and atleast so far you are with Splash Walls being confirmed already. I was actually hoping the H-3 would get them though since Burst Bombs and Disruptors are already on the L-3, which while we're at it also has Kraken. Disruptors do make way too much sense on this thing and no other mid range weapon has so I wouldn't mind that, but Kraken nah there are too many Shooters with it already. I don't want another case of Forge Pro vs. H-3D, so I really hope it get's Bubbler. That would not only differentiate it from the L-3 but also all weapons in it's range tier since none of them have Bubbler. I atleast would most definitely use it more often.

Your last paragraph though is just... what!? I see plenty of Krak-On Rollers and even a good number of Splat Rollers not counting myself, and they don't suck just because you are not familiar with them. Unlike H-3 vs. other Shooter weapons the Splat Roller isn't straight up inferior to the Carbon and vice versa and they're both great, so having similar sets isn't too much issue. You really can't see the synergy between Splash Wall and Inkzooka? I mean sure that may or may not be the best Inkzooka combo (that'd be Disruptors + Inkzooka imo), but it's not like the Inkzooka isn't already OP on it's own. I think the Splash Wall can still work for the Roller, just in different ways, namely being used more defensively.

Dang they look awesome, well we already knew that about the Splat Roller, but the H-3 and it's Cherry motif looks sweet!

lawlz of course I meant the Berry, was a typo my bads! :p
I didn't mean to say Splat Roller is bad, but based off my matches the weapon is definitely rare to see. Yes people are great with the thing but I don't know where I stand with it. Before it got the centre flick nerf, I was able to splat and be fairly consistent with it. I did aim at people rather than hope it hits them but I scarcely play rollers and don't quite understand how to get splats now. There are times when I get splats and have no idea why it counted and times when I go for it expecting the splat and it doesn't happen. I don't experience this problem with Carbon or Dynamo, only the Splat has this problem. Yes the Inkzooka is powerful, but the Splash Wall is questionable, I have various ideas and strategies on how to use it, but it doesn't seem the best fit. This weapon is the reason I'm expecting the other subs, especially as there was a lot of disappointment surrounding the lack of variety of subs in Volume 1. I'm expecting the H3 to get an invincible special because of the CRC struggle it has, and if it gets Inkstrike/Killer Wail/Bomb Rush it will be just as bad, if not worse, than the current sets it has.

Bio_liquid0

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bio_liquid0
My brother is going to be so happy for that new Sploosh if it's any good. I am currently fantasizing various dates with that new Splatling. ....I'm not crazy >.>

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
Predictions:

Range Blaster is probably an OP kit to get people off the Custom and to raise usage of it in general.
Thus, I predict Disrubbler as a combination of the default Blaster's kits.

H-3 Nozzlenose needs an OP kit to save it.
I predict Burst Bombs to fix its TTK issue and Kraken.

Heavy Splatling is probably there to get people off the Kraken Splatling.
I predict a niche set in Squid Beakon and Killer Wail

Sploosh-o-Matic probably gets Splat Bombs to circumvent issues and Inkzooker to give it some long-range firepower

N-Zap. Just gonna be wild here: Seekers and Killer Wail

Aerospray probably gets a combination of combat and turf to lessen the pure amount of RG's.
Sprinkler and Kraken would be my guess.

Splatterscope is a hard one: Gonna throw an uneducated guess here and go with Seeker and Echolocator

Watch me be wrong though.
H-3 already has burst bombs and kraken

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
I need the Nozzlenose to have splat bombs/seekers and kraken/bubbler. It really needs an invincible and if it gets beakons imma cry :(

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I didn't mean to say Splat Roller is bad, but based off my matches the weapon is definitely rare to see. Yes people are great with the thing but I don't know where I stand with it. Before it got the centre flick nerf, I was able to splat and be fairly consistent with it. I did aim at people rather than hope it hits them but I scarcely play rollers and don't quite understand how to get splats now. There are times when I get splats and have no idea why it counted and times when I go for it expecting the splat and it doesn't happen. I don't experience this problem with Carbon or Dynamo, only the Splat has this problem. Yes the Inkzooka is powerful, but the Splash Wall is questionable, I have various ideas and strategies on how to use it, but it doesn't seem the best fit. This weapon is the reason I'm expecting the other subs, especially as there was a lot of disappointment surrounding the lack of variety of subs in Volume 1. I'm expecting the H3 to get an invincible special because of the CRC struggle it has, and if it gets Inkstrike/Killer Wail/Bomb Rush it will be just as bad, if not worse, than the current sets it has.
That there might be the issue, you rarely use Rollers. The more you play a weapon the better you get at it, no one masters a weapon immediately afterall. There's no doubt the Splash Wall isn't the best sub for a Roller, but I don't think it's about making the absolute best weapons possible, rather it's just giving weapons new viable options. There is no Roller with Splash Walls so that alone makes it very unique and interesting and I hope the other sets are like this aswell.

I don't doubt that, I just think and hope the H-3 gets Bubbler as it's invincible special. More reason to believe this is how we got two Kraken weapons but not a single Bubbler weapon last volume.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Gonna make a second post real quick. I'm honestly hoping the new heavy comes with a pure support kit, as the main weapon kills so effectively at a Jet Squelcher range. Give it an echolocator and I may just lose my mind. Disruptors would be fun as a sub, but I'd settle for beakons. (No ink mines *knocks on wood*)

Hoenn007

Full Squid
NNID
JTMSPEED89
Blast! No New Jet Squelcher variant, C'Mon Man!

Main Weapons: :wst_shot_long00::wst_shot_long01::wst_shot_expert00::wst_shot_expert01:

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
I am just posting to say my excitement can barely be contained that I have a new Nozzlenose to play with

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
After thinking about it I am confident the new H-3 will have Bubbler! Really that special doesn't make too much sense on most of the other picks. Range Blaster already has a set with an invincibility special, and two Blaster variants have Bubbler already so it'd be kinda redundant. Same deal with the Heavy Splatling. Sploosh has a Kraken set, and it along with the N'Zap and Aerospray getting Bubbler would make them really similar to the Jr. That only leaves the Splatterscope, and a Bubbler on it would give the Squiffer very little reason to exist lel! So if any of these weapons are gonna get the Bubble, it's gotta be the H-3!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Give the H-3 a Bubbler and I'll continue my completely pointless, utterly inept, long con, Saturday morning villain scheme of making the H-3 seem so OP it'll be nerfed! MuuhahahAHAHA~!! ლ(`∇´ლ)

But I'm having trouble imagining what they have planned for the new splat charger/splatterscope. It's like anything you give it would somehow step on the toes of one or two of the other chargers, and in turn risks phasing them from use. Guess we'll find out in a week's time.

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Give the H-3 a Bubbler and I'll continue my completely pointless, utterly inept, long con, Saturday morning villain scheme of making the H-3 seem so OP it'll be nerfed! MuuhahahAHAHA~!! ლ(`∇´ლ)

But I'm having trouble imagining what they have planned for the new splat charger/splatterscope. It's like anything you give it would somehow step on the toes of one or two of the other chargers, and in turn risks phasing them from use. Guess we'll find out in a week's time.
Yeah, the new Splat Charger is in a very awkward position, as most of the subs have already been used on the charger family. Then you have to consider the Kelp, which is arguably the 2nd best (if not the best) charger in the game. The issue lies in trying to not make any Squiffer redundant whilst allowing it to be viable amongst the current Splat Chargers. I have a feeling it'll be the first charger to get Seekers, and the special could be either Echo or Inkstrike. A questionable set, but I don't see Bubbler because of Squiffer and Hydra and Kraken is out because of Squiffer and E-Litre. The new H3 could be so powerful with Burst/Bubbler (a unique set that would do wonders for the thing) and would probably encourage me to use the H3 more because it is so difficult to do well with it. I predict the new sets will be revealed one a day starting tomorrow so the final one is unveiled on the 7th June (like how Volume 1 revealed all weapons by the day before the update). The patch notes should also be right around the corner too, can't wait to see how 2.8.0 shakes things up.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Do you want any changes to Special Depletion for patch 2.8.0?
Oh, great point. There are definitely some weird choices from 2.7 that could stand to be altered. The Tempered Dynamo, for one, seems to lead to constant Wails if it so desires, so it should at least be moved up to Medium loss; perhaps the same could stand for other weapons that generally ink very quickly and so charge up well, even if they're not super-strong on their own, although I guess that nerfing Aerosprays would be unfair to an already under-used weapon.

Anything with Sticky Bomb Rush has an issue in that it's a self-recharging Special - if you position your last four or five bombs nicely, you can get over a third of your bar back right after your special is over. That's part of the reason it seems to occur so constantly in battles in which it's present. So, at the very least, the Splash and Berry could stand to be moved up to Medium (the Rapid Blaster Deco charges too slowly so can stay at Light).

The Refurbished doesn't deserve Medium, based on how I never see it (it may be the least common of all of Sheldon's Picks Vol. 1 - I genuinely haven't spotted it once since the big rush after their release). The Custom Hydra, meanwhile, should be brought up from Light, because... I'm scared of it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I just hope the Bamboozler MkIII gets to be a Light Depletion weapon and that the rest stays the same.
As much as I love the Carbon, Light depletion would make it less fun imo.

Do you want any changes to Special Depletion for patch 2.8.0?
I wouldn't mind the III getting bumped up to light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom