Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I just hope the Bamboozler MkIII gets to be a Light Depletion weapon and that the rest stays the same.
As much as I love the Carbon, Light depletion would make it less fun imo.

Do you want any changes to Special Depletion for patch 2.8.0?
I definitely agree that the Bamboozler should get light, or at the very least medium depletion. It's one of the hardest weapons to use, so I think it deserves some love.

Hydra's and the berries should have medium depletion, or even high.

I believe that the squiffers have medium depletion, so that should be changed to light. Same for the splat charger, which is often forgotten in favor of the Kelp. I think it should be medium.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Same for the splat charger, which is often forgotten in favor of the Kelp. I think it should be medium.
I think they were worried about bomb rush, but I agree it shouldn't be higher than medium.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Cyan, a splat charger with seekers and/or seeker rush? I'd be on board for that! A unique change up much like giving splash wall to a splat roller.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Ooooh I didn't think of that at all, I hope at least one of these weapons gets seeker rush. If it's on a weapon that can utilize it well, or at least like the charger won't be hurt really by having it then we'd see more of that fun special!

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Gonna make a second post real quick. I'm honestly hoping the new heavy comes with a pure support kit, as the main weapon kills so effectively at a Jet Squelcher range. Give it an echolocator and I may just lose my mind. Disruptors would be fun as a sub, but I'd settle for beakons. (No ink mines *knocks on wood*)
Oh please, no inkmines, please!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I just hope the Bamboozler MkIII gets to be a Light Depletion weapon and that the rest stays the same.
As much as I love the Carbon, Light depletion would make it less fun imo.

Do you want any changes to Special Depletion for patch 2.8.0?
I'm obviously biased, but I always felt the Medium Special Reduction on the L-3D was uncalled for. I know they wont change it, but dang it I want them to, the Burst Bomb nerf was harsh enough as it is!

The Refurbished doesn't deserve Medium, based on how I never see it (it may be the least common of all of Sheldon's Picks Vol. 1 - I genuinely haven't spotted it once since the big rush after their release).
Yes that I just don't understand at all! They give the Splattershot with a slight handicap the same kit as the Splattershot knowing it'll have the same problems as the vanilla Mini Splatling, and then they make it medium depletion while the Splattershot is light, like what!? It should atleast be the other way around so there's more of a reason to use the Referbished. They really dun goofed there!

Oh please, no inkmines, please!
I'll gladly accept Inkmines if they also give it Inkzooka!

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
The H-3 revolution is upon us.
Everyone grab your tentateks and run for your lives.

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
On the subject, just 8 games or so in S+ and I've already encountered an H-3 D. Wonder if others are also brushing up?

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I hope they buff ink mines to be automatically burstable if you place a second, that would actually make them useful outside of Tower Control and SkatePark

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I hope they buff ink mines to be automatically burstable if you place a second, that would actually make them useful outside of Tower Control and SkatePark
That right there would become instant meta.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The kit is confirmed to arrive on June 7th. I thought it was supposed to arrive tomorrow...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I literally need this new H3 to have a beast kit,
not because I think the H3 is amazing,(Its the only weapon I think is awful)
but for the
cherry sticker dag nabbit!

Hey! GrnWaffle man! You like new weapons right? I'v got a new nozzlenose for yooooou!

A whatnow?! YES GIMME THAT JUICY NEW WEAPON NINTENDY! WOOOOOOOO -

. . .
Wait a second, this thing SUCKS! My grandma could ink walls faster than this,
and she uses a dynamo!
I will never touch this thing ever again.

Don't worry brother, I've got you bro, dun wory bra.
CHECK DIS AOWT!!

. . .

You like it, no? ^_^

...You took away suction bombs and gave it a cutesy whale sticker.
Free Willy would be ashamed of you >=[
I said I aint touchin' that ink-wreck ever again.

. . .

. . .

What if I gave it a frogger pacman cherry sticker? =p=p=p

>_>
dangit

It better have an amazing kit or I'm never forgiving you
for atleast a week.

Also I think it would be neat if the soy splatterscoper had inkmines so we can have a long ranged charger with close-quarters/flank defense.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
Three (although technically four) weapons were revealed on SplatoonJP. Here's what I could gather from Bing's tranlations
  • Necro(?) Range Blaster- Burst Bomb/ Killer Wail
  • Bento(?) Splat Charger and Bento Splatterscope- Splash Wall?/Echolocator
  • N-ZAP '83- Point Sensor/Kraken
splatoonus should have the English versions up soon.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
omfg wall+echo on that charger. <3
I had hopes a charger would get splash wall but to get echolocator too. (well if that's what it translates as.)

burst bombs on range blaster seems to me that the strategy there would be 1 missed shot + 1 burst bomb to kill, so damage up investment. and since it gets killer wail it wouldn't need any special investment (unless they slap it with the Heavy depletion)

that's a really good set for Nzap, it probably won't hurt the neo sploosh but I expect to see both.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
According to the splatoon tumblr, there's apperently 9 weapons in this kit, instead of 8 like the first one. So there's one more weapon that isn't shown on the box (please be a dark blue dual squelcher).

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Uh oh, a splash wall for the splat chargers? No Bambi1, it's not what you think! I'm just going out to have a few matches with a new friend. Honest! I still love you, baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom