Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

GatorSmart

Inkling
NNID
ElzoBro
  • N-Zap '83 - Point Sensor/Kraken
it's a solid eneough set, I have no qualms I guess. It's basically a Support N-Zap based on the Famicom. I'm gonna think there's gonna be a Medium Depletion on this thing, so I'm not too worried about that Kraken, but watch out! There's no hiding from a Kraken that know exactly where you are!

• CoroCoro Splat Roller - Splash Wall/Inkzooka
We've already known about this one for a while so no point in getting too googly about it, but... I've always wanted a Splash Wall on a Roller, so this is the fruit of my greatest dream... Ahem Anyway, I can see this thing getting Slapped with a Medium-Large Special Depletion so I don't get my hopes too high for that Inkooka, but it is a nice bonus!

• Grim Range Blaster - Burst Bomb/Killer Whail
Burst Bombs are a bit of a weird set for a Blaster, especially a Range Blaster with such a slow fire rate, but I do like that Killer Whail! The Burst Bombs could be good for quickly building your Special! I would it has Light depletion like the rest of them so watch out for those Killer Whails!

• Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope - Splash Wall/Echolocator
OK, this is where I draw a bit of a line a bit, this is way too weird. It's gonna be hard to see your enemies and aim well with a wall of ink in your way; (But I guess that's what the Echolocator is for) This seems to be a front lines type Splat Charger so this would be the one situation where I'd pick the Charger over the Scope. You already have enough range over everyone without a Scope, especially in the front lines. You'll need the extra visibility! I can see this weapon being a total cesspool of Damage Up Stacking what with the Splash Wall giving way for a close Range Charger, although there's still the Squiffer which does this ones job probably better except for the added range. I'd say this weapon can go two ways. Splash Wall dropping, Close Combat, Damage Up Stacking, moster of a weapon... or a more Supportive Splat Charger. This weapon could be very deadly with the Perfect Set in the right hands, but I bet it'll be a pretty good amount of heck to master! (Like a Bamboozler or to a far lesser extent, a Squiffer) All I can guarantee is that I'm like 98.5% Sure it'll have Light Special Depletion, so Echolocators for all!

My four guesses are:

These are not official. I would like to hear your ideas below.

• Aerospray GG - Disruptor/Bubbler

• H-3 Nozzlenose C - Splat Bomb/Killer Whail

• Pink Gold Sploosh-o-Matic Seeker/Inkstrike

• Fruity Heavy Splatling - Seeker/Seeker Rush

My reasoning for Seeker Rush is that, last time around they made a Mini with Burst Bomb Rush, a Special with only the Splattershot, so I bet they'll have a weapon with Seeker Rush so that the Carbon Roller isn't completely alone. Also Splatlings don't have Seekers on any of their sets, so it makes the most sense on the Splatling.

If it's not that we'll probably get this:

• Yummy Heavy Splatling - Ink Mine/Echolocator

Tell me your thoughts and guesses on the Weapons! I really want to hear what you think about my thoughts, and I want to hear and think about yours!

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
  • N-Zap '83 - Point Sensor/Kraken
it's a solid eneough set, I have no qualms I guess. It's basically a Support N-Zap based on the Famicom. I'm gonna think there's gonna be a Medium Depletion on this thing, so I'm not too worried about that Kraken, but watch out! There's no hiding from a Kraken that know exactly where you are!

• CoroCoro Splat Roller - Splash Wall/Inkzooka
We've already known about this one for a while so no point in getting too googly about it, but... I've always wanted a Splash Wall on a Roller, so this is the fruit of my greatest dream... Ahem Anyway, I can see this thing getting Slapped with a Medium-Large Special Depletion so I don't get my hopes too high for that Inkooka, but it is a nice bonus!

• Grim Range Blaster - Burst Bomb/Killer Whail
Burst Bombs are a bit of a weird set for a Blaster, especially a Range Blaster with such a slow fire rate, but I do like that Killer Whail! The Burst Bombs could be good for quickly building your Special! I would it has Light depletion like the rest of them so watch out for those Killer Whails!

• Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope - Splash Wall/Echolocator
OK, this is where I draw a bit of a line a bit, this is way too weird. It's gonna be hard to see your enemies and aim well with a wall of ink in your way; (But I guess that's what the Echolocator is for) This seems to be a front lines type Splat Charger so this would be the one situation where I'd pick the Charger over the Scope. You already have enough range over everyone without a Scope, especially in the front lines. You'll need the extra visibility! I can see this weapon being a total cesspool of Damage Up Stacking what with the Splash Wall giving way for a close Range Charger, although there's still the Squiffer which does this ones job probably better except for the added range. I'd say this weapon can go two ways. Splash Wall dropping, Close Combat, Damage Up Stacking, moster of a weapon... or a more Supportive Splat Charger. This weapon could be very deadly with the Perfect Set in the right hands, but I bet it'll be a pretty good amount of heck to master! (Like a Bamboozler or to a far lesser extent, a Squiffer) All I can guarantee is that I'm like 98.5% Sure it'll have Light Special Depletion, so Echolocators for all!

My four guesses are:

These are not official. I would like to hear your ideas below.

• Aerospray GG - Disruptor/Bubbler

• H-3 Nozzlenose C - Splat Bomb/Killer Whail

• Pink Gold Sploosh-o-Matic Seeker/Inkstrike

• Fruity Heavy Splatling - Seeker/Seeker Rush

My reasoning for Seeker Rush is that, last time around they made a Mini with Burst Bomb Rush, a Special with only the Splattershot, so I bet they'll have a weapon with Seeker Rush so that the Carbon Roller isn't completely alone. Also Splatlings don't have Seekers on any of their sets, so it makes the most sense on the Splatling.

If it's not that we'll probably get this:

• Yummy Heavy Splatling - Ink Mine/Echolocator

Tell me your thoughts and guesses on the Weapons! I really want to hear what you think about my thoughts, and I want to hear and think about yours!
Aerospray:
This set would step on the toes of both the Jrs. by combining their weapons into one weapon that makes the other two obsolete.
That said, the Aeropray can have pretty much everything
Nice name.

H-3 Nozzlenose:
IMO, the Nozzlenose needs an unique and above all good set to compete with the likes of the Dual Squelcher and Splattershot Pro.
Splat Bombs and Killer Wail is imo too basic for that, as both Specials are already on the outright better Dual Squelcher.
The sub and special themselves fit, but are a too underwhelming to put the H3 in the spotlight.

Suggestion: Disruptor + Bubbler, no weapon it its range class have the sub or special

Pink Gold Peach:
Nothing wrong with this one, even if iInkstrike is bad.
I'd give it the Inkzooka to amp up the ranged game and to compensate for the lack of bomb.
Inkstrike works, but doesn't fix any of the Sploosh's weaknesses.

Fruity Heavy Splatling
I can see Nintendo doing this.
The Heavy Splatling has trouble with getting out of enemy ink so Seekers would be a good fit.
Of course, Seeker Rush continues to be outright bad but if there's any weapon who could rock the Seekers it's the Heavy Splatling

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
I think the Sploosh will come with either Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs or Seekers, and as for specials, it will get either Inkzooka, Inkstrike, or, in the case of it coming with Seekers, Bomb Rush.
I don't think so. We already have vanilla splash with Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush and Neo Splash-o-matic with Burst Bombs and the Inkzooka.
I'm absolutely sure one of the new weapons will come with :squidbeacon:+ :killerwail: . We have 3 (actually 4, but scoped and standard e-liter I count as 1) :squidbeacon:+:kraken: sets, but only 2 with wail. And if it is splatling I'll be one of the happiest heavy weapon squid in Inkopolis.

Garo

Inkling
Just realized the other day that no weapon so far has a:suctionbomb:+:inkstrike: combo. I kinda want that but don't think any of the remaining weapons gets it.

My preferred set for the new Sploosh would be :seeker:+:echolocator: . Not sure about the other ones.

Ametrine

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ferrethugger98
I don't think so. We already have vanilla splash with Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush and Neo Splash-o-matic with Burst Bombs and the Inkzooka.
The Sploosh is not the Splash. They may look similar, but there is a huge difference. By your reasoning, the Permanent Inkbrush shouldn't have the loadout it has since the Octobrush already has the Kraken and the Octobrush Noveau has Splat Bombs.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Any further news on new clothing reported yet other than the CoroCoro gear shown with the CoroCoro Roller?

Ok, some predictions:
Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose - :seeker:+ :bombrushseeker: (actually, I don't care about H-3)
*GASP* Shhh shhh, it's okay darlings the mean ol squid is just... jealous of your... unique capabilities is all. You're special, you're unique, and gosh darn it! people like you!

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Any further news on new clothing reported yet other than the CoroCoro gear shown with the CoroCoro Roller?
The 2.8.0 patch notes specifically state that there are two pieces of gear being added, so, alas, it looks as if that's all we'll get. For now? Maybe there'll be an influx of summer-themed clothing come 2.9 or 2.10?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Booooo... was really hoping that wasn't the case when I read or that it meant two types of gear, like hats and shoes.

Guess we will indeed have to hold out for more clothes in the next patch, especially since we have about twice as many shirts than hats and shoes combined.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Nozzlenose with Sprinkler and Bubbler. Would sound funny.

When there is no weapon with sprinkler or no beacon I'm gonna be a sad squid kid :(

My preferred set for the new Sploosh would be :seeker:+:echolocator: . Not sure about the other ones.
So a new Tri Slosher Nouveau, would work I guess.

GatorSmart

Inkling
NNID
ElzoBro
Just realized the other day that no weapon so far has a:suctionbomb:+:inkstrike: combo. I kinda want that but don't think any of the remaining weapons gets it.

The issue with that Sploosh set is that it may as well obsolete the Tri-Slosher Nouveau.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The issue with that Sploosh set is that it may as well obsolete the Tri-Slosher Nouveau.
As an effective Tri main, I take umbrage to that! The Sploosh has way better TTK and manoeuvrability, to be sure, but the Tri outranges it very significantly, and, besides, works in a pretty different role, typically; I could go on about the things that buckets do (in particular, vertical attacks) but this isn't the thread for that. I think that it'd offer a nice new option carrying that harassing set without stepping on the existing weapon.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i'm mostly excited for the bento, i was hoping we'd get a new splat charger since the first volume. the original is okay, but i don't like the kelp, and i feel like sometimes the splat charger gets overshadowed by other chargers with better loadouts, despite being a really good middle (inbetween bamboozlers/squiffers and e-litres)

the splash wall definitely sounds fun. i think somebody else suggested that it might be better for beginners, so they can take their time sniping? i'm all for that, the learning curve is a bit steep, especially for younger players. (have you ever watched a 10-year old try to snipe? it's heartbreaking)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
i'm mostly excited for the bento, i was hoping we'd get a new splat charger since the first volume. the original is okay, but i don't like the kelp, and i feel like sometimes the splat charger gets overshadowed by other chargers with better loadouts, despite being a really good middle (inbetween bamboozlers/squiffers and e-litres)

the splash wall definitely sounds fun. i think somebody else suggested that it might be better for beginners, so they can take their time sniping? i'm all for that, the learning curve is a bit steep, especially for younger players. (have you ever watched a 10-year old try to snipe? it's heartbreaking)
Have you seen me try to snipe?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
The "Sploosh7" hasn't gotten a reveal for the kit yet, but I love how fresh that little digital thing looks!

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/145479483471/the-sploosh-o-matic-7-retains-the-stats-of-the

And the Cherry Nozzlenose has Splash Wall and Bubbler!
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/145479475443/check-out-the-super-sweet-cherry-h-3-nozzlenose
Splash wall and bubbler. Y'know what? That could suffice. Cherry H-3... I might pick that up! It could work!

As for the sploosh o matic, EEEE that digital compass thing looks crazy cool! Though I do question Sheldon on why sploosh o matic 7. Sploosh 1-6 confirmed. Jk.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Since last volume was kraken and bomb rushes, was wondering ever since they announced the CoroCoroRoller, then recently the bento chargo, if splash walls were going to be a thing/theme for this volume.

Wonder what volume 3's will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom