• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon's Picks Volume 2 Announced

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Recent H3 converts and curious seekers becoming apostates? Give them two play sessions or a dropped rank, whichever comes first.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Welp, looks like we're hitting server maintenance now... right when I was in the middle of a match. Everyone on both teams started to go POOF. But I'm not too upset, because it means that the squidbagging carbon roller also lost points.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Balance update and the magazine gear are out, but no weapons, and yeah can't even play anymore. =(

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Just played my first match with the N'Zap '84, and boy is it awesome. It is a great weapon for offense, and is a great turfer. It may become a new SZ main. Also, I was and wasn't suprised about the Aero PG's price. 20,000 is a lot for an Aerospray, but it makes it harder for noobs to get it right off the bat.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
My initial thoughts are that the N-ZAP '83 was pretty decent since it's got some good range and firing rate for its loadout--the Neo Sploosh and Heavy Deco only favored one half of that. Meanwhile, Aerospray PG is pretty much an even more powerful Aerospray thanks to that super-aggressive loadout. I might even dare to say that it's the new OP. As for the CoroCoRoller, the loadout was pretty unusual and I had trouble adjusting to it at first. Eventually, though, I got used to it and won a game.

I might need to play more often with these new sets (along with the others) just to learn their ins and outs. Maybe tomorrow I'll start with the Sploosh 7.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I'm laughing at myself. Oh lordy...
Facing elitres with the bento, but I'm used to 'hiding' from them while picking off their teammates because I usually always lose trying to approach and snipe them, well to get to the point I"m laughing at myself because now with splash walls I can approach them but since I never have/don't hardly ever I have no idea what I'm doing against them >.<

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah they're out. Never been so annoyed with the countless amount of panic Krakens as well as the chargers who seem to forget that they have splash walls. And the burst bombs. Can't wait for this to die down so I can actually try out the new charger without being paired with like...3 other ones.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
YAY~!! New toys! Time to make like any self-respecting squidkid and play with our new toys until they break, or we get bored and forget about them in a closet somewhere.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I shall try them tomorrow! Looking forward to the new sploosh.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Haha, my first time with the Aerospray PG was not good.
"Oh man, a sniper's looking up and he doesn't see me! KRAKEN TIME!" *misses, spends rest of transformation trying to get him again to save face*

This happened twice.

It probably didn't help that my teammates were squidpartying, but dangit, I was going to learn that weapon even if I had to take on all four of them at once!

On the plus side, Coro Coro was pretty fun for me (it felt like it handled a little different than usual, but I've been deathgripping onto my Carbon Roller for a bit, I imagine it's the same feeling I always get bouncing back), and I actually worked the kit the way I wanted to. Sploosh 7 is coming out okay, still have to get used to its range.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Oh, man, this drives home how little I stray out from my usual favorites. I barely use burst bombs, and using one before I shot at them with the Aerospray gave me the delighted realization of "Oh! I just learned something!"

Also, yoooooooooooooo @Lonely_Dolphin I just played against you! I was playing as Jacob, AKA that squid that forgot squishing isn't that easy and tried to roll over you as you shot at me. (Why do I have that instinct? It's not helpful on any roller!)

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I am in love with the Heavy Splatling Remix. *o* It will take some thought though. It needs to be run a little differently than the others due to how much ink the Sprinkler consumes. I find myself without ink much more often. I might have to actually consider some Ink Recovery for the Heavy Remix because of how much Ink in consumes... Or one of the Ink Savers. It'll be fun to experiment with. >w<

I did try out the Cherry Nozzlenose. I don't know why, but I've heavily been into the H3 lately. I really want to learn how to use it - probably since its so underrated. I think I prefer the regular to the Cherry though since it has the Inkzooka. My aim with the H3 is still very bad but I think I'll like it more when my aim improves. It's definitely going to help the H3 with that kit~ c:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Playing with the new Aerospray really reminded me how fun it is to use one in Turf. I haven't used one in so long, but it felt good right from the get go. Did well with it too, which was really nice.

Not a fan of the New N Zap though. It's not bad, but being familiar with the 89, it just felt lacking without a sprinker, or offensive sub. I'll give it another try later though.

I bet the new roller would be fun to use, if only I wasn't constantly being located! I got kinda annoyed really fast with the enemy teams I kept getting with the roller, that I kinda dropped it quickly. I'll try it later though, I like its kit a lot, if only for the interesting strategies I can make with it.

Didn't try it yet, but I love the kit on the new Sploosh, that should be a lot of fun to use. Neo Sploosh will be hard to top though.

I am in love with the Heavy Splatling Remix. *o* It will take some thought though. It needs to be run a little differently than the others due to how much ink the Sprinkler consumes. I find myself without ink much more often. I might have to actually consider some Ink Recovery for the Heavy Remix because of how much Ink in consumes... Or one of the Ink Savers. It'll be fun to experiment with. >w<
My friend who is an avid Splatling fan went crazy with the new Splatling. He loves it a lot too. I can see why. Sprinklers are a good sub for it. I want to give it a go myself since I like the heavy Splatling.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
WVW69jRtaHEHG2yXUY-1-1-1.jpg
WVW69jRtaSI081tycr-1-1.jpg

Making it too easy Sheldon.

On a serious note, i actually really like this song and hate that it's a meme now (darn you edgelords)
On another note i actually tried it out. I'm not fond of using or going up against a blaster, but it had burst bombs and 2 of my best weapons uses burst bombs, so i wanted to try it out. Initially wore it with the skull bandana, biker jacket and octoling boots 'cause you know, GRIM. But of course i switched to gear that actually makes sense. I started out sucking at using it, but got better as the matches went on. Direct burst bomb + plus indirect shot is ridiculously fast. Also learned from experience that it's better to throw the burts bomb first and then fire. Learned that the hard way. So far i'm liking this weapon. I still need to train more with it, but it's been pretty fun so far.

And question: As someone who mains the neo splash and custom jet, should i try out the new aerospray? I love burst bombs, but hate the aerospray's bad accuracy and 5-shot kill (pretty much never used it except for once a few months ago).

Magnus0

Pro Squid
The Bento is my new main. And I mean, not one of many mains, but my actual main that I will be using the majority of the time in ranked. The echo makes sniping just so much easier. I haven't found much use for the wall yet, I just throw it out somewhere and I'm sure it will annoy my opponents, but overall I really like the bento.

Also, I just saw that TC is coming up now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom