"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
You can do it multiple times but you need to switch the item you are ordering each time it seems from my testing.

EDIT: I'm either doing it wrong or I do need to reload my save with this method when switching the item to order. I dunno. The other guy didn't say he had to reload his save. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. It does work though.

Last edited:

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
With the times one thing are you just changing the time zone or the actual region your registered in? Because if you're changing the region won that play havoc with region lock and the like? Also does this method work with the shops?

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I'm just changing the time zone. Not sure about shops, I can try it next time.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
It does work with the shops as well. They'll have different items for sale if you change the time zone. And I don't think changing time zones will mess anything up. I've done it about 20 Times now, lol. Also from what I found out. If your keep ordering from the same person in the plaza, the outcome will not change. For me it didn't at least. So what I did was just find someone new in a random match each time. Order from them then change the day forward. This method works for me just fine.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
1. Battle
2. Order Gear
3. Change time zone
4. Check Order
5. Change time zone back

When I go back the item I ordered is still in the queue and it can't be cancelled. Buying it and ordering something new and changing the time zone again results in Spyke telling me that I need to wait a day.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
1. Battle
2. Order Gear
3. Change time zone
4. Check Order
5. Change time zone back

When I go back the item I ordered is still in the queue and it can't be cancelled. Buying it and ordering something new and changing the time zone again results in Spyke telling me that I need to wait a day.
Because you probably ordered the item in the wrong time zone. You need to order it your time zone. If you order it in the one that's a day ahead. Of won't work because your already a day forward. So if you go back it won't be ready yet. That's why you need to make sure whenever you order an item it's in your own time zone, and not in the one Thats a day ahead.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Could you make a short guide for us? @Randy
Chocolil guide is on point.
1 battle
2 Order gear
Change time zones forward a day
3. When you start splatoon. Save before talking to spyke.
4. If you got at least two subs unlocked. Play till you unlock the third. Didn't get what you want? Reload your save and try again.
5. If you only got 1 or 0 subs unlocked? Buy that item. Quit the game. Go back to your original time zone. Play a match and find another piece of gear you want. Order it. And follows the previouse steps. :)
It may seem like a lot but it really isn't. And doesn't take long to do.

gourmetset

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gourmetset
Chocolil guide is on point.
1 battle
2 Order gear
Change time zones forward a day
3. When you start splatoon. Save before talking to spyke.
4. If you got at least two subs unlocked. Play till you unlock the third. Didn't get what you want? Reload your save and try again.
5. If you only got 1 or 0 subs unlocked? Buy that item. Quit the game. Go back to your original time zone. Play a match and find another piece of gear you want. Order it. And follows the previouse steps. :)
It may seem like a lot but it really isn't. And doesn't take long to do.
Thanks man! Didn't know you had to buy the 1/0 sub gear

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I wasn't buying the item in the future time zone so maybe that is the problem I was having. I will try purchasing the item this time and then going back to my original time zone.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Thanks man! Didn't know you had to buy the 1/0 sub gear
I wasn't buying the item in the future time zone so maybe that is the problem I was having. I will try purchasing the item this time and then going back to my original time zone.
Yeah sorry. I thought I had mentioned that before. Cause if you don't buy the item I believe he'll still have it when you go back to your time zone. So you have to buy or he'll still have that same item In your order.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
Does it work if you try to buy the same item from the same Miiverse poster again?

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Buying the item fixed my problem. Currently trying to make this hat pure damage up.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
I don't belwic
Does it work if you try to buy the same item from the same Miiverse poster again?
I don't think so. I believe You have to buy something else from someone else if you don't get it from them the first time. I've tried buying the same item from the same person multiple times. And always end up with 1 sub unlocked. So I just play some matches till I find another price I want. And order it from then and check to see if that one has at least 2 subs unlocked. I usually find a piece pretty quick though. Through random matches.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Could you explain why you have to buy the item if you get 0 or 1 sub?
Because when you go back to your original time zone if you haven't purchased the item Spyke will still have the order in the queue.

NNID
delongchamp20xx
@Chocolil Are you saying that the number of slots that are to be unlocked are not determined the moment the gear is ordered but at the beginning of the new day when Spyke receives the gear?

Like, if I back up my save before talking to Spyke and then go see him to check the order, I could go back to before I talked to him so that he doesn't trash the gear and wait the next day to see if the number of unlocked slots is different?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the rest of the conversation (I had not refreshed the page when I posted).

I guess this means if one backs up before talking to Spyke and they get two slots on their order, they can keep trying for as many days as they want since Spyke would always have the order with two slots unlocked. He wouldn't trash it since they have not "talked to him" either.

Last edited:

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Yeah. They can keep trying the order over and over as long as their save is before they talked to Spyke for the day. The only thing that changes are the slots.

EDIT: Make note of the time your time zone jump is. I was at +12 from yesterday this morning and was getting 2 slots. Suddenly I started getting only 1 slot. That's because the +12 had turned to Thursday. Switched my time zone back to my default so that it is Wednesday and reloaded my save. Getting 2 slots again.

So if I don't get the third slot today then then I will scrap the order because tomorrow will only be one slot unless I switch the time zone tomorrow and check it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom