"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
I highly doubt there's exactly one gear each day which gives the 3 slot unlock. It seems more reasonable that it's randomized per item, so there could be 2, 3, or more items with all slots unlocked, or there could be none.

I'm also fairly confident it varies per save file. If two or more people here are working on the same item, they could test by writing down how many slots they get each day.

shaX

Inkling
NNID
shax07
Does anyone have the Purple Sea Slugs with Pure Run speed, or at least the first 2 subs? If so please let me know. I can offer what is in my sig.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
I just found another item that spyke found exactly the way I ordered them. It's the Noise Cancerlers, headphones. Does anyone heave these with pure quick spawn recovery? I want to order them and see if he also finds them exactly the same, the ones he found for me have 2 subs unlocked. If anyone has them pure please let me know! I know @AZOR AHAI has them but not sure when he'll be on nextd time.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
So I'm pretty confident everyday you have a certain Ability that will give you at least two subs. And an item that will at least guarantee you all 3 subs unlocked. For me today it was those Noise Cancerlers, main is quick respawn, and he found it exactly how I ordered it, but that person only had two subs unlocked. So I decided to order some shows with Main quick respawn, he found them with two subs unlocked, I believe your ability just changes everyday, that will get you 2 subs unlocked every time.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Just thinking out loud, and this is twice it's happened to me already, I've never been this lucky with spyke.

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
I really wish someone was online who had those headphones so I can order them and test it out.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
So I'm pretty confident everyday you have a certain Ability that will give you at least two subs. And an item that will at least guarantee you all 3 subs unlocked. For me today it was those Noise Cancerlers, main is quick respawn, and he found it exactly how I ordered it, but that person only had two subs unlocked. So I decided to order some shows with Main quick respawn, he found them with two subs unlocked, I believe your ability just changes everyday, that will get you 2 subs unlocked every time.
If they only have 2/3 then getting them with 2/3 has the combined odds of 9.5% (Spyke giving you 2 slots) + 0.5% (Spyke giving you all 3) = 10%, so it's not that rare. Yes, he gives his whole "Impressive, yeah" line when that happens. He also calls it impressive when you order a gear whose original didn't have any unlocked slots to begin with!

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
So pretty much what you guys are saying is you could order random crap and if you find 2 slots on it you know for that day any order of that particular gear will have 2 slots?

AZOR AHAI

Senior Squid
NNID
ogetsu
So pretty much what you guys are saying is you could order random crap and if you find 2 slots on it you know for that day any order of that particular gear will have 2 slots?
Yeah. I ordered the Fish Fry Visor from you, and the same day I had a quick private with Justice and he wore it as well. Just to test, I bought it from each of you, changed the time zone, and they both had 2 subs. So it didn't matter who I bought it from, it had 2 subs. Everything else I tried only had 1 sub (or none). Then, the next morning, I saw Randy's post that stated the same thing...so I'm assuming the subs are applied daily to all gear, and it comes down to the luck of the draw.

Without changing zones and orders, the 2nd item in your queue could have 3 subs that day, but you'd never know. The Fish Fry Visor I got from you was 2nd in my queue after the Saver shirt I bought from you, and the shirt only gave me one sub. When I deleted it on a save and tried the Visor, boom. (which is why I'm harassing you for the shirt again, btw ;) )

*edit* I should have picked the shirt back up from you after putting the visor in the first place. Not sure why I f'd that up.

Last edited:

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
Sorry Randy, I would have hooked you up had I seen this.

Are you on discord? If you are, you can ping me next time and I'll help asap.

If you aren't already on it, here's the gear trade server on discord:

https://discord.gg/0WQV89b0KReXE6dV
No worries! I'm not on discord but I should probably get it, seems like everyone uses it these days. I'll download it tonight, thanks. Today I'll just try and make those quick respawn shoes pure. And I do believe you get one ability daily that'll give you at least 2 subs unlocked. And if you can find the item that has that ability as the main, it will give you all 3 unlocked. Still testing it of course, but it's been working for me so far.

lJunketsul

Inkling
NNID
GeraltDeRivia77
Hello i can offer this gears

Head: :head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:|:head_cap009::ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:| :head_eye005::ability_damage:+:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:|:head_hdp000::ability_inksavermain:+:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:|:head_vis000::ability_runspeed:+:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Cloth::clothes_first::ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:| Squid Girl Tunic (dont have this gear in smile section)::ability_damage:+:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Shoes::shoes_shi001::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:| :shoes_shi006::ability_runspeed:+:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

And i looking for this:

Head
:head_cap001:| :head_cap006::ability_swimspeed:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:head_cap002::ability_defenseup:+:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:head_ncp003:| :head_eye000::ability_tenacity:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Skull Bandana:ability_specialsaver:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Golf Visor:ability_bombrange:+:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:

Cloths:
:clothes_plo000:| Any Ninja Squid 1 star:ability_ninjasquid:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tes007:| Orange Cardigan| :clothes_tly002: :ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_shirt004:| :clothes_tes001:| :clothes_tes019::ability_runspeed:+:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tes005:| :clothes_tes017: | :clothes_tes024:| :ability_swimspeed:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tes011:| :clothes_tes021:| Carnivore Tee :ability_defenseup:+:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

:clothes_shirt014:::ability_bombrange:+:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:ability_coldblooded: With :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: or :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
White Sailor Tee::ability_inksavermain:+:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Shoes:

:shoes_shi000:| :ability_inksavermain:+:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_slo003:| :ability_inkrecovery:+:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_sht002::ability_inkresistance:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:| :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:|
:shoes_slo004:| :shoes_slo005:| Squid Girl Shoes:ability_swimspeed:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_slo000:| :ability_defenseup:+:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:

IttaPupu64

Inkling
NNID
ronaldnjoseph64
Does anyone have any Noise Cancelers and/or Traditional Apron with pure quick respawn up. If you do i can trade you any of these. I'm also looking for pure Special Saver shoes on Punk Yellows or Red Sea Slugs. If you don't have the pure on the specific gear I'm looking for that fine I'll trade anyway.

Headgear

:head_hdp002::ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:head_met004::ability_specialsaver:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:head_eye004::ability_tenacity:+:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Full Moon Glasses (didn't have the emoji) :ability_quicksuperjump:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

:head_met002::ability_swimspeed:+:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:head_hbd002::ability_damage:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:head_vis001::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_quickrespawn:
Clothes

Traditional Apron :ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
Zapfish Satin Jacket (didn't have the emoji):ability_specialcharge:+:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Retro Gamer Jersey (didn't have the emoji):ability_quickrespawn:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

Shoes
:shoes_shi001::ability_specialcharge:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_shi006::ability_inkresistance:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_sht009::ability_swimspeed:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Le Soccer Cleats(didn't have the emoji):ability_inkresistance:+:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Last edited:

Randy

Full Squid
NNID
rebelrod
From my experience and what I’ve been testing, you get one ABILITY a day, that will give you two subs unlocked, or three subs unlocked if you find the right item. I’ve been testing different things and this is what has been working for me for the last week. I’ve gotten 5 pure items in the last week. Would’ve been 7 but those two other items would not give me the third slot, RNG hated me those days. Before you start this I would recommend you make a backup save on a usb stick or something, because you will be making multiple orders and spending quite a bit of money finding your ability for the day. Unless you find it right away, but if you waste a lot of money finding it, you can always just re-load your save and get your money back. So what you do is you start ordering random stuff from people in your plaza, make sure you write down or remember what the MAIN ability is. Also make sure it has at least two subs unlocked or three. Doesn’t matter what you order, or what the subs are, you’re just trying to find your ability for the day. When you check with spyke, and he finds it with at least two subs unlocked, then you know that’s your ability for the day and you can start looking for an item you actually want with the subs you want. I’ve tried this for the last five and everyday it’s worked. Out of those five days, three of those days I also found the item with all three subs unlocked. Monday I found Special Charge up was my ability, I ordered 10 different items from different people, 8 of them gave me 2 subs unlocked, one of them gave me all three unlocked. (The fake contacts) So I tried ordering the fake contacts from two other different people, again he found them with all three subs unlocked. Tuesday It was Run speed, again I did the same thing, ordered several items with run speed as the Main ability, all had two subs unlocked. Been doing this for the last 5 days, it’s worked every time. If you want the item with all three subs unlocked, you just have to find the right item with that same Main Ability. Out of five days I’ve also found the item with all three subs unlocked three times. This method has been working for me every day. I believe it will work for anyone else as well. Sorry for this long story, but I was trying to explain what I’ve tested so you don’t have to waste your time testing other stuff.

gourmetset

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gourmetset
Does anyone have this?
Headgear: :ability_tenacity:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Clothes: :ability_damage:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

I can't order much but these are the (semi) shinies/pures I have:

Headgear:
:head_cap006: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup:
:head_eye005: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:head_hbd002: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_quickrespawn:
:head_eye000: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksavermain:
Clothes:
:clothes_tes008: :ability_inksavermain: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_tank000: :ability_specialsaver: :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
And a jacket with :ability_ninjasquid: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Dark G

Inkling
NNID
Neil94
@ Randy I'm just curious on how you're changing to time zones that are atleast 12 hours ahead of your current one. I have a NA Wii U and it only allows me to switch to a time zone that is available in my country, thus not forwarding a day when I start up Splatoon and check with Spyke

NNID
delongchamp20xx
@Dark G The US own Wake Island which is UTC+12. In other countries, the time window for this kind of time traveling is either very narrow or inexistant. Hopefully, someone here knows a dataminer who could find the seed that is used to determined the number of slots on Spyke orders. If that were the case, we could skip the time travelling all together and everybody could just make a calendar of what gear to order for each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom