"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

Njok

Bouncer
There isn't a guide yet. I have been meaning to write one but i get stuck at the first sentence: get lucky.

But honestly by now they are not that rare anymore. It's been a long time since i have seen a japanese player without either a shiny or a pure piece.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
There isn't a guide yet. I have been meaning to write one but i get stuck at the first sentence: get lucky.

But honestly by now they are not that rare anymore. It's been a long time since i have seen a japanese player without either a shiny or a pure piece.
Even with the ability to order these gears, I see no harm in keeping a database as a resource. Well, that's the intent anyway.

Is there a guide on savescumming for these? Unsure of how to backup my Splatoon data because I'm paranoid at hecking it up.

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
From what i understood it is predetermined once you buy it from Spyke. This means you could keep ordering it from each other and if it comes with the 2 swim speeds, try and level the third. If doesn't work, repeat. Same goes for save scum, the back up should be made before buying it from Spyke.

I haven't tried it myself though, so i can't say for sure when the 3rd slot gets predetermined.
Im going to test it right now.

Ordered a shiny gear but spyke only got me two subs, i dont know how to post pictures xD

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Very cool thread! Will keep an eye out for those extremely luckly bastards!

Njok

Bouncer
Even with the ability to order these gears, I see no harm in keeping a database as a resource. Well, that's the intent anyway.

Is there a guide on savescumming for these? Unsure of how to backup my Splatoon data because I'm paranoid at hecking it up.
I did not mean to say that this thread is pointless. It's just that i am seeing alot of them and it's a bit too much to report them all, especially if it's a complete stranger because i am not too comfortable with putting his or her NNID on the internet without permission. I do order most of them so if anything ever comes with all subs i will post it here of course.

About the save scum: you need to put a usb stick in the wiiu and make a backup in the wiiu menu. Then you leave the usb in, as it will save to that. Then do what you gotta do and if it doesn't work you copy the savefile from the wiiu back to the usb. I have tried it once but got an error and am also to scared to ruin my wiiu, so never doing it again.

@Norb good luck!

Kaze

Pro Squid
Im going to test it right now.

Ordered a shiny gear but spyke only got me two subs, i dont know how to post pictures xD
you can upload pictures here http://imgur.com then add the IMG link in a post.

there are also multiple sites that let you do this though.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
It looks amazing haha I use the retro gamer jersey too :p

Let me know when you are going to be playing, I would really love those boots :)
I see you are online right now...i'll play a few turf war matches but I gotta go to sleep after that so I hope you see this in time.

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
@Njok Confirmed, everytime I bought it from spyke it had a different ability once I unlocked it.

I know those webs but dony know how to upload it from my wiiu

@Frog Im on my way!!! Edit: I dont see you, guess it was too late xD damn Id love those boots. I'm wearing my shiny retro gamer jersey, but I thibk you like it better with quick superjump

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
@Njok Confirmed, everytime I bought it from spyke it had a different ability once I unlocked it.

@Frog Im on my way!!! Edit: I dont see you, guess it was too late xD damn Id love those boots. I'm wearing my shiny retro gamer jersey, but I thibk you like it better with quick superjump
Go in a turf war and I will join you

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
Ok, there ya go, I really gotta go to sleep, gotta wake up in a few hours, bye!
Thanks a lot, im really hoping I can get them, my plan was not to play and keep you at my plaza until spyke could give me the exact gear, but since Im leveling up the other shiny stuff Im going to be playing a lot xD so spyke has just one chance to do the job >.<

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

Kaze

Pro Squid
you can use an SD card and place it in your Wii U, then save the pictures on the SD card and transfer the pictures over to a computer or laptop.

or just take the pictures with a digital camera or cellphone.

Frog

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FlyFar
Thanks a lot, im really hoping I can get them, my plan was not to play and keep you at my plaza until spyke could give me the exact gear, but since Im leveling up the other shiny stuff Im going to be playing a lot xD so spyke has just one chance to do the job >.<

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.
You know I am looking for someone to play Squad battles with since i'm S rank and it's pretty much risk free money, I don't know if you would want to risk your rank though, but maybe if you got to S yourself i'd play with you. Or I can always do more turf wars with you! I'm willing to play with you whenever, you seem to be on the same time as me, do you have have an instant messenger or something?

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
you can use an SD card and place it in your Wii U, then save the pictures on the SD card and transfer the pictures over to a computer or laptop.

or just take the pictures with a digital camera or cellphone.
use miiverse or the image share site from the browser app (should be bookmarked by default).

basically, if you can access the home menu while in-game, then you can screenshot it. otherwise, while connected online to others; you will need external devices to get shots (capture card, camera/phone)

Norb

Inkling
NNID
zekhet
I'm done.... After hours and hours I csnt get the same sub!!!! Haha now I hate this shoes

Does anyone want them? I wont be using them anyway haha so probably I'll let them go

@PHYTO-1 ok, Im gonna try that later, thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for

@Frog that sounds amazing, I'll send you a private message later :P thanks once again

Attachments

SmashXX

Inkling
Rolled this today:
:clothes_tes022:White Anchor Tee (brand: SquidForce)
Main: :ability_ninjasquid:
Subs: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

Not a big ninja squid fan. Think this might be good for Krak-on roller though?

NNID: IronChefCanada
Hi Chewi, I'd like to add you so I can get that Whita Anchor Tee, it's perfect!

I've been looking for pure Tentatek Fake Contacts as well and saw someone post saying they had them but I was browsing on my phone at that time and now that I'm on desktop I can't find that person :(

Also, if anyone is interested I have a shiny Rockenberg White (Main: Ink Recovery Up. Sub: Special Charge Up X3), though due to privacy reasons I wish to not post my NNID so please PM me, then if you manage to get it from Spyke you may post it unders yours.

SmashXX

Inkling
Yo @Egregore, this is a brilliant idea, cheers for organising it.

Encountered a player who's NNID is tifa1122, they had the dark urban gilet with 3x damage up, so a shiny version. I've also got a shiny damage up zekko hoodie and pure fake contacts hopefully coming from other users, but I either missed their NNID's or I couldn't add them and don't know where they now are on my friends list. Here's hoping one of the three rares is successful so I can share it with everybody.

Also, I'm a bit confused about whether me giving a NNID out of someone that didn't add me is an okay thing to do or not. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we technically adding strangers in the hopes of farming rare gear here? If I've misunderstood the premise then forgive me, I'm not calling anybody out I'm just confused about how we're supposed to effectively communicate with strangers that have awesome stuff.

EDIT: woo, 100th post! Let's hope that helps my luck!
Sorry for the consecutive post (one hour apart at least.) Any luck with obtaining the pure Tentatek Fake Contacts? That is my dream gear/ set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom