"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
how do people keep even getting pure/shiny of unorderable gear
Save scumming I guess...

In general I'm not a fan of this method, but I think we are at a point where it gets just annoying to try rolling for specific loadout the regular way. And since Nintendo doesn't give us a better option (e.g. rolling a single slot for 3 or 5 snails), it's quite legit imo. I still have to get a suitable usb device to give it a try for myself. My old usb sticks don't seem to work all that well, as they are too slow to read the update data properly during boot which causes the game to crash :confused:

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Save scumming I guess...

In general I'm not a fan of this method, but I think we are at a point where it gets just annoying to try rolling for specific loadout the regular way. And since Nintendo doesn't give us a better option (e.g. rolling a single slot for 3 or 5 snails), it's quite legit imo. I still have to get a suitable usb device to give it a try for myself. My old usb sticks don't seem to work all that well, as they are too slow to read the update data properly during boot which causes the game to crash :confused:
even with save scumming it's ridiculous

Sharpzz

Full Squid
I think someone asked on the thread if the odds are of ordering are the same when the gear has less slots. Well they aren't. The japanese website site says if a piece of gear has 2 default stars it has a 30% of no subs, 60% of 1 sub and 10% of 2 subs.

If the gear has 1 default sub, it has 30% of no sub and 70% of 1 sub.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
:clothes_plo000: :ability_ninjasquid: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Just got this one, I think it's shiny. I dont follow the brands.

also that I have.
:clothes_tes022: :ability_ninjasquid: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
tunic :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

I'm Chinese timezone.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover

If anyone's interested I have a super Shiny Red Hi-Tops.
NNID: PersocomLover
IGN: NotAPerso

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid

I think I just found a super-shiny. (3 disfavored brands.) NNID: takedashu
EDIT: @NotAPerso just posted another super shiny above me...I don't think we'll ever see two in a row again.

Last edited:

Faith

Inkster Jr.
this reminds me of shiny pokemon hunting :scared:
i encountered a player who had the squid girl dress with x3 damage up, very very pure
i ordered it but spyke failed me

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
this reminds me of shiny pokemon hunting :scared:
i encountered a player who had the squid girl dress with x3 damage up, very very pure
i ordered it but spyke failed me
Who was that?

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Aye y'all.

With the save exploit becoming increasingly more and more popular I haven't bothered cataloging any gear (as I'm sure you've noticed) simply because of the multitude of players with shiny & pure gear now. It just requires too much time and effort on my end.

They just ain't rare anymore! Do yourself a favor and follow this man's instructions as it'll definitely be easier getting what you need.
Plug in an USB stick and copy the game data from the wii u to the USB stick (wii u settings) , leave the stick in and start splatoon. Now reroll/order from spyke. If you are unhappy with the results, exit the game and copy the wii u safe to the USB stick again. If you are happy with the results, do the opposite (copy game data from USB to wii u)
Hope this makes sense:D

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
I think someone asked on the thread if the odds are of ordering are the same when the gear has less slots. Well they aren't. The japanese website site says if a piece of gear has 2 default stars it has a 30% of no subs, 60% of 1 sub and 10% of 2 subs.

If the gear has 1 default sub, it has 30% of no sub and 70% of 1 sub.
WAIT... so this means you can´t order one star gear and get at least 2 subs? Is this 100% certain? Because I remember ordering a one star piece of gear and I got all three subs

Njok

Bouncer
WAIT... so this means you can´t order one star gear and get at least 2 subs? Is this 100% certain? Because I remember ordering a one star piece of gear and I got all three subs
Your memory is fine. that source is 100% wrong. I got a 1 star headband last week with 2 subs unlocked. I posted about it earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom