• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Hi guys!

Glad to be playing with you. I want to start off just saying a few things, so that you have a sense of who I am and my experience level, since I don't want to be secretive about that or anything :p

1) I've played this game since 2009, though I've started to play it much less in the last couple of years. Couldn't resist playing with you guys though ;)

2) I'm used to post-heavy games where people are taking the game very seriously. I admittedly can be serious about it as well - not in a "let's all yell and get upset" kind of way, but in a "analyze and discuss every little detail" kind of way. We tend to believe there's much information to be found in people's posts that can potentially be indicative of what their alignment is, so we tend to not lynch people "for fun" or over random things. That isn't to say that we don't usually START a game that way though (voting randomly and for fun), since obviously right at the beginning there isn't much to go on and you just have to force interaction somehow until you reach a point where you can start placing serious votes :p

Alright, I won't turn this into a tl;dr. It's always good to have a vote placed, so I'll vote MajorasMask9 so that he has something to respond to when he enters the thread.
The format for voting is as follows:
Code:
[B]##vote: [insert username here][/B]
without the brackets around the username. I don't think votes are counted if they're not in this format, so its better to play it safe :]

Well, we gotta start somewhere. Though I like to avoid randoming whenever possible... then again, I don't play Mafia all that often. xD
##unvote

##vote ReedRGale

what exactly do you define as yourself trying to "avoid randoming?" if you're talking about rvs (the "random voting stage"), why do you tend to try to avoid it?

thingy, if you can give one general piece of advise to all of the newbs regarding the game (you may give advise to a newb of each faction if you so please), what would it be?

The format for voting is as follows:
Code:
[B]##vote: [insert username here][/B]
without the brackets around the username. I don't think votes are counted if they're not in this format, so its better to play it safe :]
its funny cuz you didnt bolden your vote when you voted for me

el oh el

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
then i decided to say that it was afterwards and no editing so :]

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
Like Thingyman, I've also played mafia elsewhere for some years now (since 2010) despite being fairly new to these forums. Though I've kind of put mafia on the backburner for the past several months, so it might take a while to get back into the swing so to speak ;)

I'm never very good with the Day 1 conversations though lol. Where I previously played the most, Day 1 almost always ended in a no-lynch and it was always kind of infuriating because of how slow and boring it was. People didn't really like committing to a lynch based on no evidence in fear of giving the mafia a head-start. I'm guessing by the votes that this won't be the case here :P. Which I'm totally down with. Unfortunately, I'm not the most familiar with you guys yet, so if I do random vote for someone this round it would be legitimately unbiasedly random.

I'm not sure if this was ever addressed (it doesn't look like it since this is a blind game) but would anyone who's played here before have an idea of how many mafia-aligned roles would typically be present in a nine player setup? I'd guess two off hand but three seems plausible. Would be a good idea if we could possibly come to an agreement on that before we get too deep into the game.

I'll throw a vote at Widdle Mac for now though as I know she's also a new user to the site, and should give her something to respond with when she gets back.

##vote: Widdle Mac

Widdle Mac

Inkling
NNID
pollojustice
I... have been voted for? What.... does this make me? Where is the justice? Does it lie here, in my heart? Or must I seek it - must I seek it from the outside, or from within?

This, on one hand, gives me great fury, does it not? I.... have fury?

Would it be true or false to claim myself, a mere friar, as an experienced Mafia player? Perhaps, on one hand, have I played a lot? Or have I not? I would put my own personal claim, stake, LIFE into the fact that I have, indeed, played Mafia in the past - a good bit, but do I like playing it better, or hosting? A question for all times and ages - much like is the apple better, or the banana?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Votecount: 1.1

xCoCo
Squidmaster
redadil4
African American
Marigi174
MajorasMask9:
Thingyman
Widdle Mac: MajorasMask9
Thingyman
ReedRGale:
African American

Not Voting:
xCoco, Squidmaster, redadil4, Marigi174, Widdle Mac, ReedRGale

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

Notes:
Squidmaster is modkilled for trying to oppose the host. The hero strikes again and dies. Horribly. jk
Marigi174's vote didn't count.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is July 3rd, at 11:59pm.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
JeXs is your Co-mod for this game! Welcome him aboard!!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I... have been voted for? What.... does this make me? Where is the justice? Does it lie here, in my heart? Or must I seek it - must I seek it from the outside, or from within?

This, on one hand, gives me great fury, does it not? I.... have fury?

Would it be true or false to claim myself, a mere friar, as an experienced Mafia player? Perhaps, on one hand, have I played a lot? Or have I not? I would put my own personal claim, stake, LIFE into the fact that I have, indeed, played Mafia in the past - a good bit, but do I like playing it better, or hosting? A question for all times and ages - much like is the apple better, or the banana?
I'm sorry, this is just wonderful and I have to respond to it in one way or another. In any case, I think all of us have played, to some varied degree or other, and I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that I'm on the lower end of the spectrum of experience. ^_^;;

@African American: I don't know, voting at random just doesn't seem to appeal to me because I like voting based off of personal choices that people make throughout the game. There are some that I feel are justified, and others I feel are not but voting randomly just mean.

That said, I admit that voting at all does move the game along because it forces people to actually make a move to defend themselves in one way or another... so I guess I have to admit, it has its benefits.

Man, I really don't play mafia enough.

In any case, I'm going to hold off on voting until about the last day when I've seen and read what others have written and I can get at least some level of a read off of them and who I think might be the mafia.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Voting on the last day is a but too late don't you think?

Thingyman

Inkling
thingy, if you can give one general piece of advise to all of the newbs regarding the game (you may give advise to a newb of each faction if you so please), what would it be?
To newbie townies (or well, all townies): Post as much, as often and as openly as you can. And keep it game relevant, of course. Please don't role play too much or talk too much off topic'ness or speculate too much on "what the game setup could be" etc., since ultimately all that is very role neutral and doesn't help us in catching scum. We all have different styles, of course, so maybe this advice especially benefits me, but basically my style is that I'm more inclined and better able to find people that I'm willing to "clear" and call almost-guaranteed townies based on how they seem to be posting "innocently" and in a "pure" manner. And I have a easier time accomplishing this if people are posting about every little thought they have - spontanenous and/or ridicolous thoughts are often the best ones to discern someone's alignment from.

To newbie scum: You shouldn't post much. And if you want, you know, you can just concede.

Thingyman

Inkling
I know I just said that we shouldn't talk too much off topic'ness (though it's still potentially game relevant), but I feel a need to ask on which other sites you all have played, those of you who aren't completely new to this? :)

id like to note that i will likely be absent from the thread for just about all of tomorrow on... classified business :cool:

keeping yourself aware and curious is the thing that i think really separates a good townie from a bad townie. scum ALWAYS has a reason to post the way theyre posting, so open prodding and especially using your vote is vital. leaving yourself disassociated will do nothing but hurt, so to that i say

@Thingyman i can dig the townie advice and suppose ill settle with the scum advice since in hindsight its dumb to ask what youd say to help (what youre at worst hoping to appear is) the enemy lmao

@MajorasMask9 i think its fair to assume 2 scum in a 9 man all the time. at WORST 2 v 1 v 6 but thats confirmed not the case. also, what do you make of reed's response to me?

das all for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom