• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread

Cephalobro

That's how it works from a game dev perspective, though. You have a limited amount of time to flesh out characters, so of course they're competing for slots.

Isabelle isn't the most exciting character for me either, but there's no denying that she deserved her spot. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's most popular series, so it certainly deserves to have (at least) 2 characters, really 3 or 4. And Isabelle is by far the most popular AC character. She makes more sense than half the roster, really.
Smash was in heavy need for more playable villains, so I don't think Isabelle made more sense than Ridley or King K. Rool since both villains had more history with Nintendo than any Animal Crossing character.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't see why the game needs more villians. The roster arguably only 'needs' to represent Nintendo as well as possible, and it just so happened that Ridley and K.Rool were some popular characters, and were both villians. They both deserve to be part of Smash, but not because of their status as villian, but because they're popular and important Nintendo characters.

Of course they have more history with Nintendo, on account of being older, but that doesn't mean that much. A character can be new and already be very major to Nintendo (Isabelle and Inkling for Ultimate, or Pikachu back in the Smash 64 days). Fact of the matter is that AC is a bigger deal to Nintendo than a lot of other series that already have 3 characters in (Star Fox, DKC), so it just really needed a second character, and Isabelle just so happens to be the most popular choice. So she deserves her spot just as much as Ridley and King K.Rool do.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
maybe some characters i want will maaaybe not happen....like i want Shadow the Hedgehog,Skull Kid and Sora from KH but the first 2 still are a big maybe since they were never announced as assist throphies and since the new term ''Echo fighters'' got introduced i keep hoping that Shadow will make it >.< and alot of people just seem to want Skull kid all of a sudden and i am 1 of them haha,and Sora..well i know this would probably not happen but i still secretly hope it will cause it would be so cool to have him in smash!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
That's how it works from a game dev perspective, though. You have a limited amount of time to flesh out characters, so of course they're competing for slots.
Not exactly, in an interview with Sakurai which was even on Nintendo Switch News this particular topic was mentioned.

Cephalobro

Something that would be a cool idea that might work out in the end, characters who can be either male or female would give you an option to pick which gender to use in the story mode, separately off course. The characters who I'm talking about are Corrin, Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Inkling and Pokemon Trainer.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
kinda disappointed ALOT with incineroar but the DLC for more characters give me hope that a few of my top 5 might still get in the game! :D
but the new mode seems fun to do though haha

Cephalobro

I'm very surprised that they made a Piranha Plant of all things a fighter, though I really do appreciate ARMS getting represented through an Assist Trophy.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I'm very surprised that they made a Piranha Plant of all things a fighter, though I really do appreciate ARMS getting represented through an Assist Trophy.
..i really don't know what to say about why they even made that piranha plant a fighter..really don't get it x.x besides it is also a slap in the face for Geno and Waluigi fans lol ^^''

Cephalobro

It seems that Inkling is the only visible fighter with gender differences in which both genders has appeared in the cutscene of the trailer. Does this confirm other fighters with gender differences like Robin, Corin and Pokemon Trainer to have the opposite gender being playable separately in World of Light?

Cephalobro

Also, does anyone like that several characters from fighter series have dialogue during the Spirits mode explanation? This practically confirms that the Smash World isn't solely populated by fighters and assist trophies, it also seemed like there were other few survivors who weren't at that part of the world, because how the heck would Cap'n Cuttlefish survive that if he had been easily tied up at least twice?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
..i really don't know what to say about why they even made that piranha plant a fighter..really don't get it x.x besides it is also a slap in the face for Geno and Waluigi fans lol ^^''
Waluigi and Geno aren't important, so fans shouldn't have had hope for those two anyway. Geno might make it in solely because people demand him for some reason, but Waluigi wasn't ever gonna happen.

And sure, nobody was explicitly asking for Piranha Plant, but I can't imagine anyone being against it if you look at how cool his gameplay was in the Direct. Besides, I think having an iconic Mario baddie in is pretty cool.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Waluigi and Geno aren't important, so fans shouldn't have had hope for those two anyway. Geno might make it in solely because people demand him for some reason, but Waluigi wasn't ever gonna happen.

And sure, nobody was explicitly asking for Piranha Plant, but I can't imagine anyone being against it if you look at how cool his gameplay was in the Direct. Besides, I think having an iconic Mario baddie in is pretty cool.
i know Waluigi was already confirmed as AT but i can still imagine them being kinda angry that piranha plant does make it and Waluigi doesn't,i got slapped in the face when Shadow and Skull kid were confirmed as AT today so i know how they feel when all your hope get shattered like that >.<

Cephalobro

So, does this mean that there are more than one Master (and Crazy) Hand, or are those copies of the original? I originally thought that there was only one of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom