• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So many guns need a Nerf IMO.

CloneHat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CloneHat
Keep in mind hat not everyone is able to mash there button at a fast pace. Some would also not risk the carpel tunnel.
That's like saying not everyone can aim well so guns should do that automatically, too. Can't press the button fast enough? You'll just loose to someone who can. The thing about competitive gaming is that it's meant to reward skill. Changing the game mechanics shouldn't even be discussed at low level

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
I have no real problem with any gun in the game given that they aerosprays and for example the N-Zap rinse through ink quickly
The guns are fairly balanced because you need to aim and the fast firing ones use ink like there's no tomorrow
The rollers on the other hand seem to manage to cover a similar distance of attack that the lower ranged guns do yet can kill you with one "jump and throw of ink"
I also have tried jumping over a roller more than once (When you get cornered) and whether it is lag or it's simply impossible i may as well stand there and take the death because I die anyway in mid air

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Guys, here's the thing. If all weapons need to be nerfed, then is there one that's OP? I mean, all weapons have their blaring strengths, but if you're not careful with any of these weapons, you'll easily get splatted. I'll be honest, I feel like the weapons people decide to point fingers at are the ones that they die to the most. These being the areos and the gals. This game can get real frustrating real quickly. I'm not blaming anyone for thinking this way, I'm just putting it out there. Let's not go around pointing fingers at what weapons is OP and which weapon needs boosts.

vsock

Inkling
NNID
sockchan
People crying over Aerospray need to git gud.
The Aerosprays can be out ranged by most of the other weapons in your arsenal. Even the rollers can fling ink further than the MG/RG can shoot (with a little jumping action).

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses. Yes,the .52 Gal kills very fast and yes,it's no secret that the Aerospray covers turf like no other weapon but the .52 Gal has a low firing rate which lets you be slow at inking turf and the Aerospray has very low range so it's outclassed by many weapons regarding the range.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Personally find any gun that fires at a high rate a little too imbalanced. Like yes there is OP weapons in game, but it's never a full deadlock that you will be stopped in your tracks. That being said I wish the higher rate guns would have lower ink to hold, as its the only thing I find unfair about them. Like ya I can run from you for days, but it doesn't matter when you can slowly hunt me down and cut out my paths. Like, really that's it just less ink, doesn't even have to be by much I think.

SuperShyGuy

Inkling
NNID
PicoDude
I'm level 17 and still don't have either AeroSpray. I really wish single player didn't unlock content, as it's extremely biased towards the "higher playtime = better weapons" ideal. Once I hit level 20 and have the abilities I want on my gear then I guess I'll get around to playing single player, but as a game marketed towards it's "4v4 online!!!!" mode I find it extremely disheartening that I am forced to play the singleplayer campaign just to have even footing.
I agree. All the single player bonus weapons should have been custom variants, not the real deal! They should have saved one of the aerosprays for the shop and the other for an unlock, and the dynamo roller shoulda been swapped with the krakon roller so that all the bonuses were merely sub and special swaps, not actual stat differences.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
I agree. All the single player bonus weapons should have been custom variants, not the real deal! They should have saved one of the aerosprays for the shop and the other for an unlock, and the dynamo roller shoulda been swapped with the krakon roller so that all the bonuses were merely sub and special swaps, not actual stat differences.
Oh come on...it took me like 3 hours to finish the single mode. It's not that hard and time wasting...

Porygon-Z

Inkling
NNID
Agile.Espeon
.96 Gal, but not the Deco variant? Also, I would say that saying 'don't get butthurt' is a little aggressive.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
.96 Gal, but not the Deco variant? Also, I would say that saying 'don't get butthurt' is a little aggressive.
This thread was from back in June; I think the Deco variant wasn't released by then

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
This was like 40 years ago, and it's not aggressive; it's a warning to not get butthurt.

This thread was from back in June; I think the Deco variant wasn't released by then
This.

Well, you still need to actually get close, so long-range weapons can still hold it at bay in the right situations
I find that only snipers on spots that bless snipers can keep me at bay. No one else.

99.9% of rollers kill using the splat. No one tries to roll over people as their main way of killing. The Carbon Roller excels at splatting and it got the speed to get close enough to splat. Combine that with ninja squid, and you have a weapon that can be argued as op.
Oh look, an honest carbon roller user. Didn't know they existed. :P

Oh look, an honest carbon roller user. Didn't know they existed. :p
Well I used to use it, but I went back to the Krak on Splat because it's fun rolling over people. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Griff

Inkling
NNID
Oilerfan7
I think the issue lies within different weapons having different strengths, and in certain game-modes these strengths are a lot more pronounced and their weaknesses are less of a factor. The .52 and .92 gal, for instance, are phenomenal at killing with their high stopping power, but are below-average at inking turf. Well, if all you play is ranked as opposed to turf war where coverage is way less of a factor, then the gals are going to see relative dominance and a lot of use. So you end up with a lot of weapons that are OP in certain game modes and totally balanced in others, which is an inherent consequence of having different weapons and different game-modes.

Squiglet

Inkling
Pfft you're all nuts. Only weapon that needs to be nerfed is that dang Carbon roller.

My God, they make me rage every match....

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
The only weapon in the game that I think is OP is the Dynamo Roller. It's deadly in the right hands and hard to counter. It's not insanely overpowered but I still feel like it should be nerfed, or just buff everything else. That works too.

Splats

Senior Squid
NNID
coolSean
Pfft you're all nuts. Only weapon that needs to be nerfed is that dang Carbon roller.

The only weapon in the game that I think is OP is the Dynamo Roller. It's deadly in the right hands and hard to counter. It's not insanely overpowered but I still feel like it should be nerfed, or just buff everything else. That works too.
All rollers are op imo.

Beerox

Inkster Jr.
I have gone through phases where I felt that almost every gun is OP. You just have to adapt and learn, most of the time your initial impression is wrong. I'm on my 6th main weapon now, I just keep trying to counter my problem opponents. That makes for a great game and great experience. Just when you think you've figure it out...

But rollers suck :)
They should not outrange guns

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)

As someone who loves the Carbon Roller I can tell you that it's not. Since it's intended to be a lighter, faster roller.,the flick doesn't go that far and doesn't one hit kill even in it's sweetspot, despite having no windup time, and you can't crush the opposition with it, only doing 60 dmg per rolled hit. However you can cover turf faster than the standard one, and it has burst bombs and inkzooka to address it's lack of kill power and range.

Like the Splat Roller, keep your distance and opt to flank or outrange it.

Squiglet

Inkling
As someone who loves the Carbon Roller I can tell you that it's not. Since it's intended to be a lighter, faster roller.,the flick doesn't go that far and doesn't one hit kill even in it's sweetspot, despite having no windup time, and you can't crush the opposition with it, only doing 60 dmg per rolled hit. However you can cover turf faster than the standard one, and it has burst bombs and inkzooka to address it's lack of kill power and range.

Like the Splat Roller, keep your distance and opt to flank or outrange it.
Interesting, because I don't think I have ever been hit by a carbon roller that wasn't 1-hit KO.

Porygon-Z

Inkling
NNID
Agile.Espeon
Oh right. I did not see the date and I am a relatively new Splatoon player, do excuse me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom