• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Some Recycled Brella changes/balance ideas (discussion)

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I'm glad that they changed it! I don't think it's enough but still it's nice for it

And it will never not be funny having to look at the bug fixes for brella buffs everytime lmao. IT KEEPS HAPPENING

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Could this be referring to the shield stun?
Screenshot_20240416-233813.png

If so then that's actually huge
but it might not be. Either way, a quarter of a second is a lot.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Could this be referring to the shield stun?
View attachment 11147
If so then that's actually huge
but it might not be. Either way, a quarter of a second is a lot.
The wording is honestly really confusing to me but I think it means that your shield will disappear, (so stop blocking for you?) for as long as when it gets shredded while still attached. So it means that it should tank for just a little longer if it's shredded the moment it's launched, so in theory when you stop getting shield stunned.

I'm really unsure but I think this means that if you have time to barely launch your shield while it's being shredded, so when you won't get stunned, you'll actually get a little bit of time to escape because your shield won't disappear as fast.
I've never heard of your shield still tanking for you even when it loses all its durability before, but if it's actually a mechanic, then that should be most impactful for tent, since it's not uncommon for your shield to get shredded by two random bombs or something before it's launched, though then again that's only significant if they're shooting at you at the same time; it means that you might have time to shoot back or get away.
Oh and I guess it's impactful for recycled too, since most shooters can shred the shield just by shooting at it continuously

I hope I was clear but I could still be wrong, the wording is extremely specific

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The wording is honestly really confusing to me but I think it means that your shield will disappear, (so stop blocking for you?) for as long as when it gets shredded while still attached. So it means that it should tank for just a little longer if it's shredded the moment it's launched, so in theory when you stop getting shield stunned.

I'm really unsure but I think this means that if you have time to barely launch your shield while it's being shredded, so when you won't get stunned, you'll actually get a little bit of time to escape because your shield won't disappear as fast.
I've never heard of your shield still tanking for you even when it loses all its durability before, but if it's actually a mechanic, then that should be most impactful for tent, since it's not uncommon for your shield to get shredded by two random bombs or something before it's launched, though then again that's only significant if they're shooting at you at the same time; it means that you might have time to shoot back or get away.
Oh and I guess it's impactful for recycled too, since most shooters can shred the shield just by shooting at it continuously

I hope I was clear but I could still be wrong, the wording is extremely specific
It seems to read as follows: When your brella shield is destroyed normally, there's a brief grace period when it still tanks for you. ~16 frames. This grace period was not activating if a brella shield launched at the same instant it was destroyed. Now it activates properly.

So, basically, it slightly buffs vBrella, Recycle, and Tent by making their shield-break stun less damaging in a few specific instances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom