• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatdashing, An Advanced technique

NNID
LobsterBard
I found quickswitching between squid and human while firing splattershots in front of me allowed me to advance forward faster, cover the ground in ink, all while retaining ink because of the switching to squid form
seems to cover ground almost as well as the roller. to do this all you have to do is quickly splatt, then quickly go into squid to move, then get out.

This works for Splattershot Jr as well!

Last edited:

Comboman77

Inkling
Great tech, let's spread this to the general public and rally up some competitive Splatoon.

NNID
LobsterBard
this is different, this is a quick way to Cover more ground while moving fast, its not moving as fast as that, but that does seem a good way to move around

This does not involve jumping, just swimming

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
this is different, this is a quick way to Cover more ground while moving fast, its not moving as fast as that, but that does seem a good way to move around

This does not involve jumping, just swimming
ah, ok

ill be sure to try it next round of the global testfire!

D

Deleted Member

Interesting. Splatdashing and Splatterjumping, two techs already.

D

Deleted Member

dont see any issues with it, when you read it you have some ideas what it does since its name suggests shooting and running
How about shortening the term so its easier to say. Like splathop or splatdash, or even just hopping and dashing.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
How about shortening the term so its easier to say. Like splathop or splatdash, or even just hopping and dashing.
because you do a splathop while splathopping, and you do a splatdash when splatdashing. i don't think they're that long, considering no one has a problem with the word rocketjump or wavedash. we could always abbreviate them to shing and sding, too. sd might get confused with self destruct, but i don't think anyone really uses that term outside smash

WydrA

Inkling Commander
The point of AT names doesn't have to really reflect how to do it at all necessarily. Wavedash/waveland from smash is a good example.

Unessential

Full Squid
splatdashing was the first thing i tried (that i didn't know of before going into the game so i didn't count splathopping). I thought it was one of those obvious things that didn't really need an explanation. After I realized how fast you actually run out of ink, Splatdashing was the next logical step to never run out of ink. Also works with the roller because every time you come out of squid form you do a paint roller splash.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
So OP I'm pretty sure this is the case, but though I would ask for certainty.
Are the inputs as follows?:
Hold ZR (start firing)
Hold ZL (Start swimming)
Let go of ZL (pop up, continue shooting)
Repeat Steps 2&3 as many times as you want/need.

NNID
LobsterBard
So OP I'm pretty sure this is the case, but though I would ask for certainty.
Are the inputs as follows?:
Hold ZR (start firing)
Hold ZL (Start swimming)
Let go of ZL (pop up, continue shooting)
Repeat Steps 2&3 as many times as you want/need.
Correct

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I expect once ranked battles go up we're going to be seeing tech like this all around, I look forward to it.

Also I can't wait until the sequel to Splatoon where they remove Splatdashing and the fans never forgive Sakurai the developers for it

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I expect once ranked battles go up we're going to be seeing tech like this all around, I look forward to it.

Also I can't wait until the sequel to Splatoon where they remove Splatdashing and the fans never forgive Sakurai the developers for it
the splatoon devs seem really cool. they're patching requested features into the game after release since the game's already gone gold. if anything they'd probably be all for splatoon techniques

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom