• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatdashing, An Advanced technique

WydrA

Inkling Commander
It's just squidteching but with ink in the middle. It's the same thing.
It does have a similar input squidteching, but it's a different use. Squidteching is to help you live longer. Especially when you're surrounded by enemy ink (from my understanding (that's what I use it for). This is to move quickly while spreading a lot of ink

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
It does have a similar input squidteching, but it's a different use. Squidteching is to help you live longer. Especially when you're surrounded by enemy ink (from my understanding (that's what I use it for). This is to move quickly while spreading a lot of ink
If you say so, I guess. I just don't like it when people restate the same tech, it's kinda spam.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
It's just squidteching but with ink in the middle. It's the same thing.
If you say so, I guess. I just don't like it when people restate the same tech, it's kinda spam.
I don't know. This has a specific timing to it where you dip in, start to dash a little, pop up and spread. Squidteching you dip down shoot at your feet to make some space for yourself and then dip back down into it.
And like I said before, they have different uses.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
That's like saying Wavedashing and Wavelanding are the same thing, just with a platform in the middle.
Yeah, it's called advanced techniques for a reason, it's all about the minute effects. It's essentially the same technique, it's the advanced uses which sets them apart.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
i don't see how this, at all, is different from the name wavedash though

splatdashing suggests the same thing it does, but instead of wave as in a smoothlanding, splat suggests crudely shooting ink
I wasn't trying to imply the name is bad. Infact, this is way better then wavedashing name. I was merely trying to say there should be a standard for names.

But wavedash gives you 0 information about how to actually do the tech. In fact it's rather misleading. You don't dash at all to do it. And what's a wave?
I don't think there is a way to conveniently say how to do the tech through naming it. Rather, it is about what it is. Like directional influence is pretty much saying you are directing an influence. I never said wavedashing was a good name, I said it was a decent one.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I wasn't trying to imply the name is bad. Infact, this is way better then wavedashing name. I was merely trying to say there should be a standard for names.

I don't think there is a way to conveniently say how to do the tech through naming it. Rather, it is about what it is. Like directional influence is pretty much saying you are directing an influence. I never said wavedashing was a good name, I said it was a decent one.
I think you mean influencing a direction lol :P

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
ok, now that I've seen the video, ..........eh. I don't think it paints any faster honestly. Looks rather slow IMO. I think it'd probably be used more as a defensive tech.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
ok, now that I've seen the video, ..........eh. I don't think it paints any faster honestly. Looks rather slow IMO. I think it'd probably be used more as a defensive tech.
I don't think it paints faster but it's still like a mini s-hop imo. Lets you paint while moving faster.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Sorry for double post, but @Flying_Tortoise was testing S-dash vs. S-hop times and said that when optimized, the two actually have very close speeds. S-dash may even be faster. Though that was something worth mentioning.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I think I did it wrong. Not really sure though.
No you did it right, but you didn't time it perfectly.
I tested it by timer. If you time it right you can go faster

edit: @WydrA Oh didn't even notice you tagged me until i checked my notifications lol
edit 2: You will go faster than splatterhop, if Splatdash is optimized. (just making sure I was clear)

Last edited:

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
Thank you very much for sharing, but if you, or someone can please do a video of it?? So more people will know and it is better demonstrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom