• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
In the Splatoon Direct, the announcer said Splatfests would be on an irregular basis. Hopefully Nintendo changed their stance on the matter and are making it a regularly scheduled event, preferably monthly.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
In the Splatoon Direct, the announcer said Splatfests would be on an irregular basis. Hopefully Nintendo changed their stance on the matter and are making it a regularly scheduled event, preferably monthly.
I don't think I want it monthly, but every other month or at least once a quarter would be sweet.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
Cat Defender!

Man, splatfest is great. This definitely feels like I'm taking part in a squid holiday.
Cat Defender here too! We started off slow, but I was up +7 when I left. I had to stop playing or I'll never sleep! I'm planning on playing MANY matches before Splatfest is over.

Too much fun!

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Yeah, those 2 Turf Wars I did were super easy. That's probably because I'm used to Ranked where everyone is in super competitive mode.

Or maybe it's because cats are better at night since they sleep during the day? Hmmmmmmmm....

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
You guys already have your Splatfest? Wow.
We get ours in about 8 hours. I'm jealous.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Cat Defender here too! We started off slow, but I was up +7 when I left. I had to stop playing or I'll never sleep! I'm planning on playing MANY matches before Splatfest is over.

Too much fun!
Aghh i want it to last more than one day!

I guess the squids do need to get back to their important business eventually though

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Being cat king feels amazing. So from what yall have seen/played who do you think will win over all? I'm obviously hoping cats, and I've seen way more cat champion/kings than dog champion/kings so I'm hoping that we're in the lead ^w^

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Phew. 32 wins in a row, great fun. Sticking with the same four players on your journey to king/queen has such a great feeling to it.

Team Cat definitely needs people like you.

As for me, I just got up to Cat Defender but it was an uphill slog because the teams I was in kept losing (save for a few victories). Still, really digging the atmosphere of the fest, especially the night stages and how different they look compared to the daytime.

Also, quick question: do the stages rotate every four hours like usual? Considering there are three stages to play in today, I'm curious to see if they did anything else special for this occasion.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Now, I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but please, if you're bad with weapons like Chargers and Inkbrushes, DO NOT use them. This occasion is far more team based than any other. This is for the victory of your team, and we cannot win if you're blatantly ruining a team with your lack of understanding of the weapon.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I don't think I want it monthly, but every other month or at least once a quarter would be sweet.
Agreed. All we are playing for at the end of the day is super sea snails and as of this point there is no real incentive to need them if you have lots of gold. I have 400k banked and nearly all my sub abilities I want and that includes re-rolling them.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
Being cat king feels amazing. So from what yall have seen/played who do you think will win over all? I'm obviously hoping cats, and I've seen way more cat champion/kings than dog champion/kings so I'm hoping that we're in the lead ^w^
But rank only shows how much you played thought, You can lose every match and still go up to king/queen

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
if you're on team cat you will get these hands my friend

also if you hit max level and keep playing it counts towads your team's cumulative total right? it'd be stupid if it didn't but I don't want to waste any more time on this than need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom