• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest Discussion Thread: The Iron Lines and the Calcium Nines

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
So do maps not rotate at all during Splatfest? I wanna see what the others look like, dammit.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
Is it me? or is does the timer moves slower then it usually does.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I enjoyed splatfest but it would be a lot more fun with friends. It did give me a reason to finally make a second account that I been planning to do though. Looking back I should have done a cat and dog character lol.
Main account:

New account for fun: First time using the Splattershot Jr. since the testfire and it was really fun using it again. Used the jr in all the matches on this character.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599

Dog Kingu
I inkbrushed my way to Champion title but then I started to lose a lot so I switched lol

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I've gone 10/0 wiithTetatek Splattershot a few times. That inkzooka shuts it down.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Was unfortunate enough to have a 1v4 match last night. Since I knew I was going to lose, I didn't bother inking the map and just went for kills. Got quite a few because my trusty jr. saved me alot :p

Conversely, I also had a 3v4 match and we somehow still won. Must have done something right.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
So you can't join friends at all during Splatfest, huh? What a ridiculous oversight. It's going to be funny when friend rooms become inaccessible every time this happens. Knowing Nintendo's track record when it comes to online play, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they want this game to be competitive.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
So you can't join friends at all during Splatfest, huh? What a ridiculous oversight. It's going to be funny when friend rooms become inaccessible every time this happens. Knowing Nintendo's track record when it comes to online play, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think they want this game to be competitive.
The poor, dead horse gets more dead every day. *weeps*

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I played Splatfest for a bit and quit after I kept getting clobbered by Team Dog's supporters, even with a few very close victories.
It wasn't fun and made me only wish for day/night cycle support and ways to earn Super Sea Shells outside of Splatfests even more.

Khatsworth

Inkling
NNID
Khatsworth
Awwww yeah, rode all the way to Cat Queen using the inkbrush. Inkbrush is love, inkbrush is life! Also kitties. :3
Had one sniper who stuck with me for a good long while, we made an awesome team :D

Also: SO MANY F******* AEROSPRAYS!!! *groan*

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I had a good team for a while, we stuck together and chained like 8 victories in a row. then one left and was replaced by a guy misusing a charger and it all went down hill from there.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
team dog here. flew my way to king/queen status w/ my trusty dual squelcher before breakfast. teamed with a well balanced, teamwork focused group a third of the time, and only lost four matches getting to queen, even with a few 2v4/3v3 matches. only came across a few monster teams. but yeah, seems everyone's using aerosprays and gals to get a turf advantage, only get smoked by distance weapons.

also seems like tons of players are sweeping through their matches. i thought i was getting lucky, until i remembered the player pool is region specific, and more players who took a break are jumping in for splatfest. still good fun though.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Wish I could be playing right now to support my feline friends, but I'm working on Independence Day of all days. u_u

Soon as I get out I'm sending all you dogs to the vet!

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I played around with Jr and the 96 gal in the first rank but 96 accuracy truly is crap. I switched to tentatek and went 30-2 to get max rank. Oh also doge master race.

Last edited:

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now, I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but please, if you're bad with weapons like Chargers and Inkbrushes, DO NOT use them. This occasion is far more team based than any other. This is for the victory of your team, and we cannot win if you're blatantly ruining a team with your lack of understanding of the weapon.
Going to have to agree. Also, I have no idea why some people are using eliter when Kelp Dome is a bad map for it.
Seems like Team Cat is putting in the work! We got this in the bag~
I don't know, I keep hearing more and more good things coming from team dogs like major streaks and them potentially having the more players.
You can't join friends in turf war thing. Mostly because Turf War doesn't exist as well as two friends joining up could be bad when this is a competition. If two cats who were friends were on the same team, they could communicate with each other, which is bad when no one has voice chat.

Also, this will most likely not affect private lobbies when those come out.

Lastly, this has nothing to do with Splatoon's competieve future and Nintendo is interested in eSports.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
You can't join friends in turf war thing. Mostly because Turf War doesn't exist as well as two friends joining up could be bad when this is a competition. If two cats who were friends were on the same team, they could communicate with each other, which is bad when no one has voice chat.
Why are they forcing us to play one game mode instead of allowing us to join friends as per usual? If they don't want friends teaming up during Splatfests, which is already a backwards notion that stifles strategic play, give us an option to play regular Turf War so we aren't arbitrarily restricted from playing with our friends whenever this happens. God forbid friends actually join each other and have proper teamwork. Not only is there no in-game voice chat, but they don't want friends joining each other because they're worried that the little kids will get destroyed. And yet you still believe that Nintendo wants this game to be competitive?

Also, this will most likely not affect private lobbies when those come out.
Wanna bet?

Lastly, this has nothing to do with Splatoon's competieve future and Nintendo is interested in eSports.
The game has no competitive future if the world is going to come to an end every time there's a Splatfest. Imagine trying to schedule clan wars during this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom