• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest for NA: Naughty or Nice

Pick a side

• Naughty

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Nice

Votes: 68 54.0%

• Total voters

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
well team naughty won and i got 16 snails but..that was extremely frustrating and if this is one of the last splat fests I'm not gonna have fond memories of this

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Honestly, i'm not surprised naughty won. I've would've picked Callie myself.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Honestly, i'm not surprised naughty won. I've would've picked Callie myself.
But you didn't?
I mean doesn't everyone pick the side they like the best?... or does everyone just choose marie because she is "the better sister".

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I really wish there was a way to get snails besides splatfest. If I never participated in one ever again I'd be completely cool with it...except I need snails.

24 hours of the same three maps, turf war, same song, and not being able to play with my friends. What could be better?!

I was actually in a lobby with @LittleSoundDJ on team nice and I was like, "finally, we'll win some matches." Then we lost connection. I honestly can't stand splatfest anymore.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I really wish there was a way to get snails besides splatfest. If I never participated in one ever again I'd be completely cool with it...except I need snails.

24 hours of the same three maps, turf war, same song, and not being able to play with my friends. What could be better?!

I was actually in a lobby with @LittleSoundDJ on team nice and I was like, "finally, we'll win some matches." Then we lost connection. I honestly can't stand splatfest anymore.
*COUGH* TALK TO SPYKE *COUGH*

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
you do know you can still do private battles during splatfest, right?
I really do wish the maps rotated instead of the same for 24 hours.

you do know you can still play private battles during splatfests, right? But i agree that the same three maps for 24 hours is horrible. Heck, 2 maps per rotation i feel is bad. They should just make it just like any other. Three map rotation every 4 hours.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
anyone else wish they had done more songs/themes for splatfest? hearing the same thing over and over again gets old
I wish but it looks like they're done adding new music/remixes to the game. Heck they made new remixes for their new trailers but still didn't put them in the game. :/

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
they are done adding new anything to the game in general after next month and i don't expect any splat fests anymore by march or april

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Welp, because Team Nice lost, that makes me 5-4 when it comes to Splatfest (it could be worse). I'm starting to feel sorry for Marie because she has only won 2 Splatfests out of 9 in NA.
glad to know that someone has the same record as me lol

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I called it. Obviously this is just a theory "for fun", but I was awesome at video games when I was naughty as a kid. Why? Because when I was gaming I was either doing it to avoid homework or chores. I just figured the naughty kids would be the better players, and if we want to get in a discussion of the other kind of naughty then it's safe to say only adults understand it and once again more "adult" players are on that team. I know it's ridiculous.

But seriously, if this pattern continues (when I say pattern I mean team Callie constantly winning) it's only going to snowball, if not it already has. Forget popularity and themes, the best players understand and know each other and they know they have a better shot at winning on team Callie. Sure you can say all the bad players would hop on the train and start joining team Callie to weaken them, but I don't like the idea of Sister pride getting in the way concerning Splatfest.

I believe the Sister's should show what side they chose once the Splatfest is over. That allows to see if your personality really matches the sister you personally like more, and it stops people from picking teams simply based on either Sister's choice.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
But seriously, if this pattern continues (when I say pattern I mean team Callie constantly winning) it's only going to snowball, if not it already has. Forget popularity and themes, the best players understand and know each other and they know they have a better shot at winning on team Callie. Sure you can say all the bad players would hop on the train and start joining team Callie to weaken them, but I don't like the idea of Sister pride getting in the way concerning Splatfest.

I believe the Sister's should show what side they chose once the Splatfest is over. That allows to see if your personality really matches the sister you personally like more, and it stops people from picking teams simply based on either Sister's choice.
I still believe it's a coincidence.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ho-hum. Seeing that Team Nice was at least more popular gives me a bit of hope for the human race (though not by much). I thought for sure Team Naughty would win the popular vote.

I'm liking how it wasn't so blatantly one-sided on either popularity or wins, either. Although the cynic in me says that's because nobody could figure out which team was less popular, so both teams ended up with a sizable amount of good players.

I'm also liking how opinions have changed since the first Splatfests. I remember people complaining about how more wins meant nothing if the popularity was lopsided in one team's favor. Now it's the opposite: people complain that lopsided popular support means nothing if the other team can get that 51% wins advantage.

...why am I suddenly reminded of the Electoral College?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
*COUGH* TALK TO SPYKE *COUGH*
I must be missing something. Nothing seems to have changed with Spyke. Please elaborate.

you do know you can still play private battles during splatfests, right? But i agree that the same three maps for 24 hours is horrible. Heck, 2 maps per rotation i feel is bad. They should just make it just like any other. Three map rotation every 4 hours.
I have one IRL friend that plays this game. And he was over at my place last night so...private battles aren't really a great option. And you don't get any money from them, which is really what I need if I want to continue rerolling gear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom