• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I do think there might be some time before we will hear anything about a sequel for the time being, there is still alot of active support for S2 (like salmon run ongoing shifts) and still a large support from the community overall.

However I do feel the end of the Splatfest is a clear sign that the dev team is probably going to shift focus onto other projects, including most likely a Splatoon 3

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
We now have a schedule of the Shifty Stations!
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1141905782243356673

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So they're doing a schedule, eh? That's good if you want to seek out a specific layout, but it's also bad if you want to seek out a specific layout. And it's even worse if you want to play every layout again.
You only need two to play a Private Battle, you know....
Yes, and you would be playing 1-on-1...not exactly the way the game is meant to be played. You'll see them, technically, but you won't get the intended experience.

Asking players to get 7 others together, plan around that, and do that EVERY TIME you want to see Shifty is ridiculous. And the Shifty Station layouts are half of the game's stages, so it's really dissapointing 99% of players will never see them again. Even if you consider the fact some of them aren't that great and they have no ranked versions, that's still a significant amount of content that's missing. And they're at least always interesting experiences because they're so unique.

It's something that would be so easy to fix, too.

Cephalobro

To me, the best part about this update is the fact that players who disconnect frequently will take longer to join a potential lobby, with the timer increasing the more they disconnect. Finally an answer against those who disconnect on purpose! Now to find a way to make an automatically disconnect happen sooner to those who are away from the controller during the match.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nobody made a proper thread for Splatfest Revisited II? Damn, it really is a ghost town out here. FeelsBadMan

With that out of the way... my first game of the 'fest was a mirror match with DCs on both teams. This does not bode well for Team Egg's chances.

EDIT: Make that 5 mirror matches in a row. At least there weren't as many DCs in those.

Last edited:

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Nobody made a proper thread for Splatfest Revisited II? Damn, it really is a ghost town out here. FeelsBadMan
I would've made one again, but I figured the announcement post would be the discussion hub this time around. Guess not, though.
Connection problems have been really bad this time around. I've had a lot of trouble whenever I group up with friends and only average one match before we're thrown out again. When we DO get to play, it's usually a mirror match. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Results are about what I expected, given the mirror matches and general quality of gameplay from me and my fellow Eggheads. 'Tis a shame.

Though it pains me greatly, I am forced to admit that I am no longer the same Turf War-rior that I was three—hecc, even five—years ago. So many missed shots, missed jumps, lost duels, dumb SDs... I really need to practice more. Then I'll have an excuse to get off my lazy *** and finally enter ranked battles...

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Results are about what I expected, given the mirror matches and general quality of gameplay from me and my fellow Eggheads. 'Tis a shame.

Though it pains me greatly, I am forced to admit that I am no longer the same Turf War-rior that I was three—hecc, even five—years ago. So many missed shots, missed jumps, lost duels, dumb SDs... I really need to practice more. Then I'll have an excuse to get off my lazy *** and finally enter ranked battles...
I sometimes kind of suck for a couple of days, and then suddenly I get in the zone again. Sadly I was not in the zone at all this fest, and I also really hate this Shifty, so it was pretty much just grinding for the snails and quitting while hitting queen rank. Also, I found that I had a lot of bad teammates, and about 10 or so disconnects on my team, but only one on team chicken. That's just a coincidence of course, but it didn't make it any more enjoyable (and made it take longer to get to queen).

Also, mirror matches don't have an effect on the outcome of a splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom