• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...! You're the first one I've talked to that actually is hyped for this one. Personally, BB launcher is disgusting to me and I REALLY wanted a slosher with Inkjet, but whatever. To each his own.
It's mostly the fact that it comes with Splat Bombs that will make this one insanely good.

But Burst Bomb Launcher is great too. Right now it only comes with ONE weapon, and that's a rather niche one at that (Bamboozler). This'll give more people the opportunity to mess around with it, and it's a very fun special.

Not sure why it's 'disguisting', tbh.

awedry

Full Squid
20 Main Power Up chunks are now available in the Nintendo Switch news feed in North America!

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
I'm excited to try out the new Aerospray with Splat Bombs and Booyah Bomb.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Coming back to splatoon 2 after playing hollow knight, and smash ultimate to seeing my fresh squiffer
]

These sets look great, again I am always gonna rep the squiffer I was hoping for splat bombs over suction bomb but it can still work.
I am real hyped for the camo brella looks amazing and inkmine trapping players into and ultrastamp or a parasol might be my new goal in life.
Cherry H-3 also looks to be a promising weapon to me it will be a great weapon for holding an objective.

I have some more opinions but I wil wait til I get my hands on them plus I am really rusty rn.

ohhh god I have to update weapon archetypes too now.....oh boy

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
A fun observation.

6 out of the 10 returning Sheldon's Picks weapons have the same sub weapon as they did in Splatoon 1.
With three of the ones that didn't instead inheriting the sub weapon from a past kit.
-Heavy Splatling Remix used to have Sprinkler, but the vanilla now has Spinkler, Deco was given vanilla's Splash Wall, so Remix now has the Point Sensor that Deco used to have.
-Permanant Inkbrush used to have Splat Bombs, but that was given to vanilla while vanilla's Sprinkler was given to Permanant.
-N-Zap '83 got the Sprinkler that used to be on the '89. Though unlike the above two, both the other N-Zap kits were completely new in Splatoon 2.

The exceptions to this is the Bamboozler 14 MK III getting the Fizzy Bomb which is a completely new sub.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
A fun observation.

6 out of the 10 returning Sheldon's Picks weapons have the same sub weapon as they did in Splatoon 1.
With three of the ones that didn't instead inheriting the sub weapon from a past kit.
-Heavy Splatling Remix used to have Sprinkler, but the vanilla now has Spinkler, Deco was given vanilla's Splash Wall, so Remix now has the Point Sensor that Deco used to have.
-Permanant Inkbrush used to have Splat Bombs, but that was given to vanilla while vanilla's Sprinkler was given to Permanant.
-N-Zap '83 got the Sprinkler that used to be on the '89. Though unlike the above two, both the other N-Zap kits were completely new in Splatoon 2.

The exceptions to this is the Bamboozler 14 MK III getting the Fizzy Bomb which is a completely new sub.
No offense, but is this a surprise? It's pretty much how I made my predictions for (example realizing that the deco in splatoon had the kit of the original basically in s1 and that the vanilla had the remix's kit)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
No offense, but is this a surprise? It's pretty much how I made my predictions for (example realizing that the deco in splatoon had the kit of the original basically in s1 and that the vanilla had the remix's kit)
Out of the 79 weapons that returned (accounting for the transition from Dual to Dualie Squelcher + Kensa kits being 3rd kit).
Only 18 weapons actually were given the same sub.
With an additional 21 who had their subs swapped with another in their kit.

That leaves us with a near 50/50 split for weapons which were completely original and were based on old kits. So yah, it wasn't out of the question that some of the returning Sheldon's Picks would try to achieve different things.

Plus I was expecting them to be a bit more liberal with adding the new subs, but they only added one of each. They gave both new specials 2 new weapons, but only added 1 new weapon for each sub.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Sadly haven't had enough time this week and last to really put any of the Sheldon's Picks through their paces (this game so~ needs a redesign of their weapon organization).

Maybe I'll get some time over the weekend. I'm mildly stoked to trial-and-error with the clapples Clear Dapples and Tenta Camo most of all!

How's everyone else's time been with the new weapons?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sadly haven't had enough time this week and last to really put any of the Sheldon's Picks through their paces (this game so~ needs a redesign of their weapon organization).

Maybe I'll get some time over the weekend. I'm mildly stoked to trial-and-error with the clapples Clear Dapples and Tenta Camo most of all!

I've literally played 3 matches (with the new Slosher) since the update hit. I'll try them out this 'fest, I suppose, but after hundreds of hours of playing, my free time is mostly occupied with other stuff than Splatoon.

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
So far I've only tried the N Zap and Dualies for Turf War. Loving the zapper but using the dualies has been a learning curve for me since

1. Transitioning from joycons to pro has made my aim stiffer. So I'm not good with sharp turns for CQC

2. Never tried a weapon with the torpedo yet so need to get used to it.

3. Squelchers have spoiled me with their range.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I've literally played 3 matches (with the new Slosher) since the update hit. I'll try them out this 'fest, I suppose, but after hundreds of hours of playing, my free time is mostly occupied with other stuff than Splatoon.
same, I wish they had released all of these new weapons earlier. I still love the game but its hard to get into it any more. I really wish you lost rank over time if you don’t play.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Lessee~... I know they say Fizzy Bomb is a better Curling Bomb and I do like throwing them directly at people's heads when opportunity arises, but I don't think I'm using it efficiently enough with the Bamboozler MKIII. In fact, I'm not using the whole kit efficiently at all compared to when I use the MK I & II. I'll need to work on that.

Fresh Squiffer I'm trying to get the hang of, especially when the Suction Bombs travel farther than my range and cause targets to move even further from my range. Whereas with Classic and New, the subs often helped you mark and track targets. Inkjet's okay because it's Inkjet.

Permanent Inkbrush is making me relearn all that I've unlearned when transitioning from Splat1 to Splat2's vanilla Inkbrush. Not so much in being passive as being more creative, discretionary, and a heavy team player. So many ranked matches I wish my toon could just emote a nervous shrug to everyone... so who wants to help me test it out in league? ^.^;;

Tenta Camo Brella may become something I put to regular usage. Maybe it's due to the kit, but I feel more aggressive (or reckless) with this one than the other Tenta Brellas. Even when I don't have an Ultra Stamp ready to go. And so far, most opponents are failing to respect it because after going around or just outright through a launched brella they're then tagged by an ink mine and then finished off by the main weapon. And oddly enough, I've scored so so many ink mine splats using this weapon than with any other ink mine weapon. The urge not to seabag after a good Ink Mine splat is slowly starting to fail! HALP!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
A pity the lab coat couldn't be used in the recent Splatfest. ='(

Cephalobro

Well, June's almost here, the month where the second to last Splatfest will occur. I hope they start giving us the gear that's missing from the game as they round out the support for Splatoon 2.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
And with E3 week after next, maybe we'll get some final-ish announcements. The final Splatfest for one and what happens after that, like if we can use money to reroll gear and if we'll still have new Salmon Run gear or not.

I'm not all that concerned about a Splatoon 3, I can wait... I think...

Cephalobro

But hey, the translated version of the artbook for Splatoon 2 is coming out this year. Now I personally want the artbook stuff to catch up before Splatoon 3 is even announced, that way, we wouldn't be playing catch-up in terms of lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom