• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nino Splatgups

Inkling
NNID
Splatoonfan456
Switch Friend Code
SW-4153-0032-2650
*totes not jealous of your adventure, honest* ¬¬;

So what the heck is that Ninjala game anyway and will it probably be any good from what you can tell? MHA is an arena fighter or a Dynasty Warriors type game, and is it shaping up into something good if the latter?
Ninjala looks like it could possibly be the next Splatoon now.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Ninjala looks like it could possibly be the next Splatoon now.
Might be overselling it a bit. It has a lot of potential to be a fantastic game, but Splatoon was quite a phenomenon, especially over in JP.

We'll have to see, it certainly looks fun, but I don't see it being revolutionary. I just feel it give off the feeling of one of those niche PvP oriented KMMO, which isn't bad, but it still can't be understated what a phenomenon Splatoon is.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Might be overselling it a bit. It has a lot of potential to be a fantastic game, but Splatoon was quite a phenomenon, especially over in JP.

We'll have to see, it certainly looks fun, but I don't see it being revolutionary. I just feel it give off the feeling of one of those niche PvP oriented KMMO, which isn't bad, but it still can't be understated what a phenomenon Splatoon is.
What is Ninjala?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Ooh awesome thanks for that! Also @The Salamander King can you tell us about SnS? I want to hear all about it UwU. (did you see DUDE?)
SNS was awesome! Due to some audio issues, the tournament was delayed a bit but ran beyond smoothly afterwards. (smooth enough to add an extra set to each bracket) The TOs were nice, helpful, and knowledgable. Heck, everyone (besides Putz) was super nice. Here's a list of "famous" people I saw there:
Hitzel
Ink. Jordan
DUDE
Ninewholegrains
Walkman
Tictac
SlimyQuagsire
Kbot
The One
Gameradvanced
Arashi
Misa
A.C.
Putz12
Nile (wait she's on my tea-)
ShinyHunterZack
Failboat
Hunty
Celedon
Mellana
Acidsunchine

Probably even more but I don't remember them all.
I'll post the signatures I got from them a little later.

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
Rushed post after world championships, may need correction:
Hoping the attachments actually show (screenshots from youtube stream)

Final splatfest theme is chaos v order ("splatocalypse"):
Screenshot (374).png
July 18-21 (72 hrs)
All shiftys will be in this splatfest plus a new one
They're doing promotional gear too:
Screenshot (375).png
v5.0 update late july adds splatfest turf war in private battles with shifty stations + nighttime maps

Last edited:

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
The TOs were nice, helpful, and knowledgable. Heck, everyone (besides Putz) was super nice.
Were you there to witness the Putz drama? Still can't fathom how something like that happened at a LAN of all places...

I live literally a few towns south of the Dells, maybe a two-hour drive. If Splatoon is again represented at next year's SnS, I'm totally gonna try and make it up there, with or without a team! Super thrilled that our treasured game has such an amazing competitive following and tight-knit community!

Also, congrats to the four teams who competed today - such inspiring high-level play that kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time! And if any of the casters or event coordinators are here at the forums to see this, props to all of you for helping to bring all of this to reality - you're all heroes and heroines to us fans!

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ok a few things to bring up...

Splatocalypse? Is this perhaps hinting at...? NO! NO IT CAN'T BE.
is it hinting at the end of
S P L A T O O N?

Or it could just be hinting at this being the final splatfest which it is but whatever.

Another thing: there were a lot of L-3s and Jet Squelchers in the tournament today.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Splatoon isn't ending :p, it's just going to take a long break so that Animal Crossing will take its place at the moment.
Yes, yes, of course I still think "Splatocalypse" is a bit odd especially since the splatfest has that other "Final Fest" name...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
What is Ninjala?
This is Ninjala which has been delayed until at least next year... maybe? Think Splatoon with foam sticks while Naruto running along walls and upside down.

Splatoon isn't ending :p, it's just going to take a long break so that Animal Crossing will take its place at the moment.
So what you're saying is, one half the playerbase snaps itself out of existence when the fest ends, they'll reincarnate into Animal Crossing? A wild world theory with a bittersweet ending!

Cephalobro

This is Ninjala which has been delayed until at least next year... maybe? Think Splatoon with foam sticks while Naruto running along walls and upside down.

So what you're saying is, one half the playerbase snaps itself out of existence when the fest ends, they'll reincarnate into Animal Crossing? A wild world theory with a bittersweet ending!
I was referring to both series sharing key developers as Animal Crossing Switch is currently slated to come out this year, this was part of the Smash Bros. Ultimate reveal trailer for Isabelle.

Last edited:

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
I was referring to both series sharing key developers as Animal Crossing Switch is currently slated to come out this year, this was part of the Smash Bros. Ultimate reveal trailer for Isabell.
Personally, I've never gotten to play any Animal Crossing game, but to know that the same developers/team that brought us Splatoon had originally worked AC is getting me pumped to play it! But to said team, please please please don't forget about us Splatoon fans! When/if Splatoon 3 comes out, the support the fans will throw behind it will surely knock Nintendo's tentacles off!

In the meantime, I'm assuming Splatoon 2's competitive scene will still be going strong - perhaps up through another World Championship at next year's E3? Hopefully players won't forget about that side of the game, despite the lack of official game support from Nintendo after June. I wasn't around during the first game's post-support era, up until the second game's release, so not sure how the scene looked then or if it'll hint at what will happen now.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
Personally, I've never gotten to play any Animal Crossing game, but to know that the same developers/team that brought us Splatoon had originally worked AC is getting me pumped to play it! But to said team, please please please don't forget about us Splatoon fans! When/if Splatoon 3 comes out, the support the fans will throw behind it will surely knock Nintendo's tentacles off!

In the meantime, I'm assuming Splatoon 2's competitive scene will still be going strong - perhaps up through another World Championship at next year's E3? Hopefully players won't forget about that side of the game, despite the lack of official game support from Nintendo after June. I wasn't around during the first game's post-support era, up until the second game's release, so not sure how the scene looked then or if it'll hint at what will happen now.
Yeah. I just hope Splatoon 2 will still go bustling after the definite end of content updates and stuff after July. Hoping they're still planning on Splatoon 3 and give us updates sometimes after the final fest.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If any of you haven't seen the E3 Treehouse session with the Animal Crossing demo, Nogami is playing SRL Nogami:
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1138501965921554438?s=20

Ansible

Community Ambassador
As expected, the previous Shifty Stations are finally getting names. I laughed about them at first because they sound like romance titles and themes... turns out there's shoujo manga reference because she's a fan.

Splatoon JP posts:
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1140817847775444992?s=20

helpful reddit translations:
Marina naming Shifty Station stages

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm really dissapointed the Shifty Stations will only be playable in private. That means the vast majority of people won't get to play them again after July. How hard would it be to make it some kind of special thing that shows up every once in a while a la the ?/?/?/? loadouts in Salmon Run? Seriously such a stupid decision.
Seems like I have no choice but to play the final fest a WHOLE lot. Hopefully they won't add regular stages to the rotation, then.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I'm really dissapointed the Shifty Stations will only be playable in private. That means the vast majority of people won't get to play them again after July. How hard would it be to make it some kind of special thing that shows up every once in a while a la the ?/?/?/? loadouts in Salmon Run? Seriously such a stupid decision.
Seems like I have no choice but to play the final fest a WHOLE lot. Hopefully they won't add regular stages to the rotation, then.
You're right! I am one of those people who won't get to play them after July. :( I wish they would roll them into rotation after July, but I guess it's just too much work. *sighs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom