Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I just realized how similar our builds are, with an exception of two main abilities.

I'm currently working on getting more Ink Recovery chunks to replace that one random Special Power up sub, but the only difference is that I use Thermal Ink and Bomb Defense instead of Tenacity and Respawn Punisher.

Thermal Ink is pretty amazing on long ranged weapons like the Jet Squelcher or Splatlings that might not always splat an enemy and sometimes only do chip damage to them, so the free mini point sensor is pretty useful to track the enemy and punish them if they try to flank or anything like that.

Bomb Defense is just a generally useful ability against specials like Tenta Missles, Inkjets, and Bomb Rushes to further increase my survivability.

EDIT: On top of all of this, the set I have does look pretty fresh. Which is another plus. :D
Great minds think alike, that Thermal Ink shirt is actually my next project to apply my template to! Thumbs up!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
We have our official Artwork for this upcoming Splatfest:
I cant help but laugh at this...

Whats that up in the sky?!
Its a bird!
Its a plane!
No, its PEARL!
This basically proves just how much more lackluster invisibility is in the context of the art. If you and your clothing and things you are holding could go invisible, then sure it's great. But as it is now...yuck.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
No, its PEARL!
Thank goodness they were finally able to get a flying fish "pun" in there.

Ya...invisibility doesn't really work for the art, but I'd still prefer it over flight. While flight is cool, I'd be able to slip out of awkward situations a lot easier with invisibility.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
No, its PEARL!
Flying just make you easier prey for the gulls
but that none of my business, this is some good hot tea though.
Also lots of people are wonder about these 3 songs....they could easily fit in for an octoling boy, girl and octopus amiibo
Don't want to build false hype, but it does seem very likely

the

Inkling Commander
What if there's just an octoling amiibo with the hero mode songs and octoling gear that didn't return in this game, and no playable octolings : -(

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Haven't really used Respawn Punisher myself, but I've had numerous matches where it could have been worthwhile merely because my splat count is due to obstinate opponents: charging at me, charging at me in a straight line, charging at me when they're already at a disadvantage, "sneakily" wanting to attack me when I clearly see them, wanting to fight at a disadvantage, wanting to fight when I give them the option to run, ignoring whatever damage they've already taken from me, not wanting to back down during a failed approach or flank, etc.

Wearing it with the brella? Could be a helpful way of forcing myself to learn and perform better with it.
Lets face it, that's how all of us get our splats and how all of us get splatted :P Doesn't matter how good a player your are and how horribly noobish your opponent is, there's something in our squiddy brains that just says "ENEMY SIGHTED! ZOOM ZOOM!" *splat* :P

What if they never re-open global matchmaking?
make octolings playable this month or in OCTOber???
It's like December '15 all over again! Woot! #TeamTimetravel.

Also, don't tell me you're a fellow Tuber main? How did that thing go from most hated weapon in the game to SB meta? :P

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Lets face it, that's how all of us get our splats and how all of us get splatted :p Doesn't matter how good a player your are and how horribly noobish your opponent is, there's something in our squiddy brains that just says "ENEMY SIGHTED! ZOOM ZOOM!" *splat* :p
That about sums it up.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Does anyone know when Splatfest starts for Eastern time? I am going out tomorrow, so I wonder if I might have to makeshift it some in the morning, or it might come on when I come back.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Does anyone know when Splatfest starts for Eastern time? I am going out tomorrow, so I wonder if I might have to makeshift it some in the morning, or it might come on when I come back.
Midnight Friday to Midnight Saturday. Whether you see this is a different matter :D

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Midnight to midnight, so basically just all of saturday

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Midnight to midnight, so basically just all of saturday
Midnight, huh? Had to be right after I go to bed, shoot. Well, that ain't too bad at least, thanks for the heads up. Less worry I would miss some of it that day.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Hey everyone, hope y'all are doing well.

I was just thinking on this lately -- Squidboards is already doing our competitive tournament series, SQSS, for Splatoon 2. But I know that a lot of the community isn't into the competitive scene or don't follow/play in tourneys, instead are just big fans of the game and like to play it or just focus on playing it non-competitively.

What cool or fun or awesome stuff can we do as staff for Squidboards users like you all? What's something we can do here on the site that you all would really enjoy? Something that's not geared toward the competitive scene.

Please let me know how and whenever you'd like. ^_^

Last edited:

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Hey everyone, hope y'all are doing well.

I was just thinking on this lately -- Squidboards is already doing our competitive tournament series, SQSS, for Splatoon 2. But I know that a lot of the community isn't into the competitive scene or don't follow/play in tourneys, instead are just big fans of the game and like to play it or just focus on playing it non-competitively.

What cool or fun or awesome stuff can we do as staff, in terms of events or things to do, for Squidboards users like you all? What's something we can do here on the site that you all would really enjoy? Something that's not geared toward the competitive scene.

Please let me know how and whenever you'd like. ^_^
That's a really awesome question there! I'd noticed over time SB was tilting ever more toward the competitive scene in general (going back to the S1 heyday), which, as I see it, is generally a tiny niche of the player base of any game, except for MOBAs and FG genres. SB itself of course has a great community of the general audience, but there's probably less that can be done for that audience because in general, playing solo or with friends met here and chatting about the game here really is the user experience the general audience is looking for. Avoiding organized "events" is why most of us aren't competitive to begin with :P

So I'm thinking, maybe something meta (I don't men tri-slosher/nZap/Aero, I mean an outside the game event). Doing something organized like a massive private battle or league battle session for SB could be interesting, but that probably conflicts with the general audience sensibility of not doing organized events that keeps them from the comp scene to begin with. So what about forum-based events outside the game? Screenshot driven events (please allow shakycam shots for those of us that refuse to use Facebook/Twitter ;) ), and such could pull the non-organized population in. Score chasing with an aerospray, pulling tricks/stunts, etc. Switch has a screenshot button accessible during play, so we could get some cool stuff with that.

That's not very detailed but on the fly, its a starting point for an idea!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
That's a really awesome question there! I'd noticed over time SB was tilting ever more toward the competitive scene in general (going back to the S1 heyday), which, as I see it, is generally a tiny niche of the player base of any game, except for MOBAs and FG genres. SB itself of course has a great community of the general audience, but there's probably less that can be done for that audience because in general, playing solo or with friends met here and chatting about the game here really is the user experience the general audience is looking for. Avoiding organized "events" is why most of us aren't competitive to begin with :p

So I'm thinking, maybe something meta (I don't men tri-slosher/nZap/Aero, I mean an outside the game event). Doing something organized like a massive private battle or league battle session for SB could be interesting, but that probably conflicts with the general audience sensibility of not doing organized events that keeps them from the comp scene to begin with. So what about forum-based events outside the game? Screenshot driven events (please allow shakycam shots for those of us that refuse to use Facebook/Twitter ;) ), and such could pull the non-organized population in. Score chasing with an aerospray, pulling tricks/stunts, etc. Switch has a screenshot button accessible during play, so we could get some cool stuff with that.

That's not very detailed but on the fly, its a starting point for an idea!
Yeah I definitely don't want to just kick up another event and slap it together and be like, "okay we have a competitive event for competitive players, and now an event for you!" I want it to be tailored to you players, not just something for you all that you may not want in the first place. Any ideas totally don't have to be "event" based.

I definitely want to do forum-based and social-media based contests or things based on those platforms. Screenshot/video challenges are a great idea actually, will definitely keep that in mind. Stuff like get a particular shot, or do a trick, or something like that, yeah those are cool ideas.

I've also thought of art contests and then forum stuff like "Post of the Week" or "User of the Month" or something like that.

I definitely want to focus on community, forum/social media based things (contests, threads, etc.) rather than doing another event series.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hmmm. To throw an idea to see if it sticks, official weekly polls, maybe? On a variety of subjects involving the game, or Nintendo in general even. Gamefaqs does something similar and since squidboards is a lot more civil (in theory anyway), that could prompt some interesting discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom