Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Hmmm. To throw an idea to see if it sticks, official weekly polls, maybe? On a variety of subjects involving the game, or Nintendo in general even. Gamefaqs does something similar and since squidboards is a lot more civil (in theory anyway), that could prompt some interesting discussion.
Definitely a good idea, I'll put this on the list. Something that's not hard to do but people would enjoy.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Yeah I definitely don't want to just kick up another event and slap it together and be like, "okay we have a competitive event for competitive players, and now an event for you!" I want it to be tailored to you players, not just something for you all that you may not want in the first place. Any ideas totally don't have to be "event" based.

I definitely want to do forum-based and social-media based contests or things based on those platforms. Screenshot/video challenges are a great idea actually, will definitely keep that in mind. Stuff like get a particular shot, or do a trick, or something like that, yeah those are cool ideas.

I've also thought of art contests and then forum stuff like "Post of the Week" or "User of the Month" or something like that.

I definitely want to focus on community, forum/social media based things (contests, threads, etc.) rather than doing another event series.
One idea I can up with back in Splatoon 1 is a Splatoon funny moments, showcasing the awesome plays, fails , and random glitches/bugs we see all the time.
(Basically a Dude's flying Kraken video supported by the community)

Have it supported through a social media account, and a community crew to analyze (on a Squidboards thread) the best of these videos to showcase in special

Last edited:

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
One idea I can up with back in Splatoon 1 is a Splatoon funny moments, showcasing the awesome plays, fails , and random glitches/bugs we see all the time.
(Basically a Dude's flying Kraken video supported by the community)

Have it supported through a social media account, and a community crew to analyze on a Squidboarss thread the best of these videos
I like this!

So, like a Splatoon 2 weekly highlights video. People send in their highlights they've recorded themselves or send us links to clips of their favorite stream moments, all within the past week, then we put it together in a big video for everyone to watch? Have a big vid with all the awesome plays, botches, bugs, funny moments, etc. all in one place. That could work.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I like this!

So, like a Splatoon 2 weekly highlights video. People send in their highlights they've recorded themselves or send us links to clips of their favorite stream moments, all within the past week, then we put it together in a big video for everyone to watch? Have a big vid with all the awesome plays, botches, bugs, funny moments, etc. all in one place. That could work.
I'd like to second this idea. It might be a bit of work separating the wheat from the chaff, as is the case with user submissions, but if the staff is up for that it could be great.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I really like Splatoon art, as I do with all Nintendo games I play. The Splatoon art community is pretty cool and really good at what they do. I don't know exactly what you guys could do, but if you could somehow expand, promote, or encourage people to submit art and put a spotlight on it. Contests perhaps. Basically, anything to do with art would be great to see. And yes, I know there's the Official Splatoon Art Thread and Off-Topic Art Thread. I just really like seeing people's artwork. It's seriously awesome.

TheRapture

Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I really like Splatoon art, as I do with all Nintendo games I play. The Splatoon art community is pretty cool and really good at what they do. I don't know exactly what you guys could do, but if you could somehow expand, promote, or encourage people to submit art and put a spotlight on it. Contests perhaps. Basically, anything to do with art would be great to see. And yes, I know there's the Official Splatoon Art Thread and Off-Topic Art Thread. I just really like seeing people's artwork. It's seriously awesome.
For sure, a way for artists to have their art shown to more people and the opportunity to meet new artists and others would be really great. I think this'll also be something we'll start doing. It's definitely on the table. Thank you for the suggestion! ^_^

CM86

Pro Squid
I have a random dumb question for all of you that I feel does not deserve its own topic so I am going to ask here.

So about the inkjet. The whole shooting thing is not a problem. I don't understand at all how the hovering works in the slightest. Is it possible to control that and hover higher? Like seriously in salmon run I will activate inkjet and I end up hovering underneath grates sometimes or I go in the water. The game has been out for a month now, and I am S+ in everything, but I still don't get the inkjet.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@CM86 -pressing/holding ZL (squid) will lower your altitude(there might be another button for lowering, but I don't recall)
-pressing B while inkjeting will give you a temporary boost upwards. Boost distance is set, so it's best (but not only) use is to give yourself the extra omph when trying to get onto higher ground but you've already reached max idle altitude (not pressing ZL or B)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yay~ I finally reached level 30!

Now everything is available to me... if I had enough money. Oh, but I have enough for the Crayon Clash Blaster, let me get a few laughs from it.

*one hour later*
heartthump.png

Pray! Someone pray for me!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
New main? Main? I don't know the meaning of the word! (note to self: ask for a dictionary for x-mas)

More like this is one of those weapons I'll use for cool cruise control and annoying people—especially the Turf War aerosprays! *cackle*

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Speaking of Turf War Aerosprays, I'm a little surprised their numbers have not dwindled much lately. I guess the new map designs really allow them to get back into the fight and ink like crazy to win more than they did in the first game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Speaking of Turf War Aerosprays, I'm a little surprised their numbers have not dwindled much lately. I guess the new map designs really allow them to get back into the fight and ink like crazy to win more than they did in the first game.
We're a month in, new people are still coming in droves and it's the premier newb weapon, soooooo...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
We're a month in, new people are still coming in droves and it's the premier newb weapon, soooooo...
True, but even higher level (20s-30s) players are still using it. It's very odd. You guys realize you are very easy to beat in combat encounters right? :scared:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
True, but even higher level (20s-30s) players are still using it. It's very odd. You guys realize you are very easy to beat in combat encounters right? :scared:
XP meals? It can take a long time for people to break bad habits, and the Aerospray helps them set them up early :p Alternatively we've got the occasional pro who's showing off how to use it right. This only applies to the MG of course, the golden Aerospray's a pretty decent support weapon.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Nintendo: Guess what Squid Heroes? We are releasing yet another shooter weapon!

Finally a weapon with the bubble blower, though. Looks like we'll be getting this one right on Splat Fest, so...

(Where is my bambi, why do you hold it back?)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
XP meals? It can take a long time for people to break bad habits, and the Aerospray helps them set them up early :p Alternatively we've got the occasional pro who's showing off how to use it right. This only applies to the MG of course, the golden Aerospray's a pretty decent support weapon.
I have a buddy who is S+ in Splatzones (not sure about the other modes, but he doesn't play those as much) and is honestly very good at this game. He uses aero because, per his words, "I'm new to shooters and can't aim well." Guy gets motion sick with FPS, so S1 and S2 are the only online shooters he's ever played.

I think this is the case for a lot of people -- many of whom are super good at this game but can't aim but also don't want to use brushes or rollers. The aero is the people's gun.

I'm trying to get him to switch to the NZap (as a gradual step toward aiming better), but he's so good with the aero that I'm not even sure it's super necessary.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
pressing/holding ZL (squid) will lower your altitude(there might be another button for lowering, but I don't recall)
-pressing B while inkjeting will give you a temporary boost upwards. Boost distance is set, so it's best (but not only) use is to give yourself the extra omph when trying to get onto higher ground but you've already reached max idle altitude (not pressing ZL or B)
Also, grates don't count towards your maximum height (you can see this in the testing area if you activate your Inkjet on one).
Nintendo: Guess what Squid Heroes? We are releasing yet another shooter weapon!

As I mentioned when this was first announced, I am very excited for the return of the Forge as it was one my mains from the first game.

I think the kit looks to be geared towards being more aggressive than the vanilla, with an more offensive Sub and... well, whatever role the Bubble Blower is meant to cater too idk.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Huh, just noticed, it doesn't show off the sub weapon. Makes me wonder why they will pair up with it. Maybe toxic mist? That would do well with that special if that is the case with it.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Huh, just noticed, it doesn't show off the sub weapon. Makes me wonder why they will pair up with it. Maybe toxic mist? That would do well with that special if that is the case with it.
It's Sub is the Suction Bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom