• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
This patch had made the Heavy Splatining very playable. It was good before but now I see it way more often and had a bunch of good games with it.
Besides Monster Hunter XX and packing cutting into my Splatoon 2 time...

I'm definitely enjoying the patches... Also hoping for A big patch to fix... The u fortunate lag I have seen lately

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Death to the f*it bucket! Finally. And I can finally nail some inkjets! I'm not sure I feel the boost on splashdown, honestly, but maybe I'll get splatted less while using it. I didn't get any more direct kills with it.

Stingray is actually fun now! I got several kills with it, quasi- consistently. Still takes a ton of ticks before it kills, several times I had it focused on someone "tickticktickticktickticktickticktick......" (they moved) "ticktickticktictick" (special's over they get to live.") But it's kind of cool now. Still way safer than the insta-gib wail though.

Inkstorm spam is going to be VERY annoying in this new meta.

Baller can't be held in place anymore...that's awesome!

And today's weapon is: CSJ?!? Where's Bamboozler? Where's Hydra? Where's more bubble blowers? Where's CEliter to make up for the lackluster vanilla eliter?

Hey you found the original weapons page! cool! That's way better than that new format one!

I know, I know, on paper it's not great. On paper, the splattershot is way better. Maybe it's the way it all interacts with the tick rate, I don't know. What I do know is I'm continuously massacred by aeros 2-1 vs other weapons....they can get me while I'm up on ledges from far down below like a jet squelcher for unknown reasons. I'm not quite that advanced with aeros. But I do know I can kill like a maniac as good as or better than sloshing machine with the thing, and I I can kill a LOT better with it than a splattershot for some reason. Granted, I've always sucked at splattershot. Don't ask me why. But even with burst cancelling I'm only ok with splattershot. But those numbers just pile up with the gold aero. And I see so many lobbies where if there's no aeros the splattershots get like 12-15 kills, but if there's aeros the splattershots get, like 7 and the aeros are getting 12-15 :) That excludes the crazy imbalanced matches where someone gets >20 kills. I've only ever done that with octobrush in S2. Maybe I could pull it off with aero....maaaaybe sloshing machine. Used to be able to do it with eliters in S1....not so much in S2 :p
Hmm well I can't say I can relate, played with it yesterday and immediately found the Aerosprays disadvantages blatantly apparent, in general it just struggled to secure kills other weapons more easily would, to the point of fustration. I still did well and I do like the kit, but I'd rather not deal with the Aero's unreliability. With them starting to release alt kits (even before all old vanilla's are out, ugh) it shouldn't be long until the Slosher Deco arrives so I'll just wait for that.

Also, Tri-Slosher isn't dead, it's still a plenty good weapon. :L

E.Lopez

Inkling
NNID
roykoopa64
Sorry to ask something that's probably already been answered a hundred times, but I'm new here and didn't see this info when searching around: I noticed that a lot of people here post a lot of their screenshots. Is there an easy way to grab images from the Switch's image album without having to take the SD card out?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Sorry to ask something that's probably already been answered a hundred times, but I'm new here and didn't see this info when searching around: I noticed that a lot of people here post a lot of their screenshots. Is there an easy way to grab images from the Switch's image album without having to take the SD card out?
Post it to twitter.

Take screencap, go to home menu, click the album icon towards the bottom, choose your screencap, and post it.

Luminario

Full Squid
Jesus putting the new Stingray to the test is truly something, it's a BEAST. I'm getting tons more kills with it, even at close range, so now I don't have to stick with the E-Liter to have a viable kit. I wanna see how it holds up in TC. I gotta say though, you really see how lag affects it if an opponent uses it now. I've had it pass right through me without even being touched yet I've had it kill me when it's nowhere near close to me.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very glad to see the Splat Charger turning around. I still can't find it fun for the life of me, but at least now it isn't in the intolerable area anymore.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
On a double post...
I am really enjoying the buffs, it make many weapons feel much more rewarding, tested the dynamo post patch and it feels a whole lot more rewarding plus stingray splatting a inkpack is so satisfying.
Baller just does't care anymore and with all the special up I have this thing tanks just about everything in it's attemp blow up.....it feels like it could be abused along with inkcloud in this upcoming meta....

Might make me like the tri-slosher meta feel a lot more...tolerable I really do enjoy this patch it feel like everything is capable of being used right now and rewards players for their skill overall in spite of a few slight problems this patch did a lot of good and made the game feel just more enjoyable to play.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They changed that? Last I played online, it was the same as usual: a colored weapon under an X means the player disconnected.
A bit late, but... yeah, I got my icons mixed up. It was always there.

Moving on... the improved Sting Ray is indeed :scared:. In about an hour's worth of gameplay I've seen it get more kills than it would in almost a week previously. That supersized laser well makes up for its slow turning speed. still waiting for a reticle tho

And I can definitely sense the effects of the Ink Armor's nerfs. Seems to me that the armor dissipates so much quicker than it used to—dare I say it's near-instant now. Not that it changes much for me, since I tend to take on Ink Armored opponents head-on anyway, but at least my odds of getting outta there alive are a little more even now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Moving on... the improved Sting Ray is indeed :scared:. In about an hour's worth of gameplay I've seen it get more kills than it would in almost a week previously. That supersized laser well makes up for its slow turning speed. still waiting for a reticle tho
You do have a reticle now though! It's the big stonking laser! :D

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
It could be much worse... I saw a post earlier saying something along the lines of, "If you use a sniper, I hope you get kidney stones. Painful ones." or something along those lines.

I just tried to find the person who posted that message in my lobby to prove it, but it seems to be gone now (for obvious reasons).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It could be much worse... I saw a post earlier saying something along the lines of, "If you use a sniper, I hope you get kidney stones. Painful ones." or something along those lines.

I just tried to find the person who posted that message in my lobby to prove it, but it seems to be gone now (for obvious reasons).

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Wait a second... I can create a twitter account just for my Switch images, duh. Why didn't I think of that before.
Don't tell that to the /r/Splatoon subreddit. I suggested it once because I was tired of seeing people take pictures of their Switch with their phone and caught a lot of flak for it. Apparently taking a picture, uploading it to Imgur, and the linking it to reddit is far easier than clicking the snapshot button and uploading that to twitter and then linking that to reddit.

What's a girl to do ~shrug~

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not sure how I feel about this beefy Baller buff.

On one hand, I can no longer push and bully them about with a splatling or sting ray. On the other hand, I'll no longer accidentally splat a teammate. Or two. Or all three of them. Such as the Manta Maria Splat Zones incident when I triple wiped my own team and nearly cost us the match. Or the Musselforge Fitness happenstances; a Turf War where after knocking a baller off the bridge it landed atop my teammate's head, and Rainmaker where I booted a baller down the hill so it ran over my rainmaker carrier. I'm a terrible teammate. ¬¬;

I'm so conflicted!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I don't even have the game but I feel the Baller needed some buffs. From what I heard it used to be pretty easy to defend against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom