• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pfff...matches on Blackbelly play out nothing like matches on thumbtack bump pack in my experience. The look similar enough, but I find them completely different experiences.

Which is why I'm glad it is added. It also seems to have a good balance of openness and numerous routes S2 maps seem to be fond of, so it'll fit right in I think.

Not that I have time to play it with Oddyssey coming out tomorrow.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Well, there goes my assumption that this weekend will just be an alternate weapon instead of new or thicc hydra on account of SuMO being released. Maybe the wait times won't be too bad then either?
With Mario dropping, I'm pretty sure this weekend is going to be just your good buddy Space getting it handed to him in ranked by players who are actually good enough to be S+. And turf wars will be multi-time outs and tons of waiting. Splatoon is going to be pretty dead for awhile is my guess.

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Everything seems to be happening during the period I can't actually play. Range Blaster last week, Blackbelly Skatepark this week and knowing my luck it'll probably be either an alternate kit I'm interested in playing or the Hydra Splatling as the accompanying weapon. Ah well, in about a week's time I should be able to hop on and try out the 3 new weapons (3 by the time I can get on) and Blackbelly, but for now I'll just recon the 4 versions of Blackbelly when each appear on rotation and come up with opinions on how they could play, then just read your salty comments about short ranged meta opinions on the new Blackbelly and how the ranked modes play on it in comparison to the first game.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
With Mario dropping, I'm pretty sure this weekend is going to be just your good buddy Space getting it handed to him in ranked by players who are actually good enough to be S+. And turf wars will be multi-time outs and tons of waiting. Splatoon is going to be pretty dead for awhile is my guess.
With Mario Odyessy dropping tomorrow I am going to guess that Splatoon 2 will be dropping something major soon aside from the map to get player to come back.

Meanwhile I guess I see you lobbies likewise getting thrashed by the enemy team until my allies randomly start playing like pros

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
...Aaaannnddd are you ready for the return of those less then 10 second Rainmaker matches?

I know I am! /s

On a more serious note, I always tend to have some of the most quickest Rainmaker matches on this map. It usually boils down to who wins the first teamfight and then a knockout or one team gets the Rainmaker right next to the goal, and I found just simply how quick games can go due to rush-down tactics to be pretty annoying at times.

I've heard that they made a few tweaks to the map this time around, and I can only hope it would help that issue with Rainmaker specificity but I still think it would be like what you said being the original Humpback Pump Track.
Oh yes, I forgot about that! And don't forget about the TC hallway that's like the Kelp hallway only 120% longer and constitutes almost all the travel path so whichever team SJ's to attrition wins! Now with 200% more checkpoints! Not like you'll know about it though because the tower will already have been docked by the time the service is notified that the other team got on! :P

Well, there goes my assumption that this weekend will just be an alternate weapon instead of new or thicc hydra on account of SuMO being released. Maybe the wait times won't be too bad then either?
I think, never has there been a better time to open Rabbids...........:mad:

It also seems to have a good balance of openness and numerous routes S2 maps seem to be fond of, so it'll fit right in I think.
Yeah...that's.....kinda the problem though......;) At this rate, why introduce more weapons? We have both splattershots. It's not like the other ones will get used. :P

And turf wars will be multi-time outs and tons of waiting. .
So, basically no difference, then? :P

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
YES Another small closed in map where you can get flanked from any direction and long range weapons have no value unless you can scrabble the center hill. It's the original Humpback Pump Track returned in all its glory!

Embrace the lag. Be one with the lag. You are the lag. The lag is you. Woomy is lag. Lag is woomy.

It's not like we're missing big maps with choke points where ranged weapons have value like Triggerfish and Pirhana, and Hammerhead, and Bluefin. Buckets and aerosprays are the only weapons we really needed anyway.

If there was ever a question as to if the current meta was intentionl or not, this is our center-digit response.

I actually want a Hammerhead Bridge stage where the bridge is finally finished and not under construction. Either way, Blackbelly will be going in the returning maps on the list!!!

Award

I actually want a Hammerhead Bridge stage where the bridge is finally finished and not under construction. Either way, Blackbelly will be going in the returning maps on the list!!!
Maybe we'll get that. And it will have huge sound barriers on either side of the bridge to make sure nobody can get hurt by snipers standing on it! ;)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...Aaaannnddd are you ready for the return of those less then 10 second Rainmaker matches?

I know I am!
Since we have lots of newbies still lerning the ropes on kelp RM?
yeah we're going to have some record time short matches going on.

Also
Y'all ready for tha SPAWNCAMPz?!?
the new changes to black belly maaaaybe improved/fixed things. . .

I doubt it, honestly. But hay, lets give splatdevs the benefit of the doubt and give it another whirl, shall we? .-.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So to make sure that everyone at least attempts to take a break from SuMO (now I wish the game adds a sumo outfit for Mario!) we'll get a new map and maybe, just maybe, the Hydra Splatling! Please? Pretty please?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Charger has one other secret skill apparently...:D:D:D:D

I know most of us are talking about Blackbelly Skate park, which looks like a map that like manta marina favors chargers in the center I am glad to see this map return honestly splatzones on this map was entertaining ,and tower control on this map is how I first got to S+, rainmaker might see this map getting a little revamped specifically to prevent the original map exploits.
I have a feeling that a wall might be set up along the center similar to how it was in story mode in splatoon 1, forcing player to use the platforms left and right of the map, as for spawn camping thanks to there being no chargers in meta I feel that player can honestly just flank left and not have too much to worry about now that the sharking corner is gone.

Although again this is the week of Super Mario Odyssey and focus is more on that than on this map, so I guess we will have to see how it fairs for RM and in the other modes as well

Award

Charger has one other secret skill apparently...:D:D:D:D

I know most of us are talking about Blackbelly Skate park, which looks like a map that like manta marina favors chargers in the center I am glad to see this map return honestly splatzones on this map was entertaining ,and tower control on this map is how I first got to S+, rainmaker might see this map getting a little revamped specifically to prevent the original map exploits.
I have a feeling that a wall might be set up along the center similar to how it was in story mode in splatoon 1, forcing player to use the platforms left and right of the map, as for spawn camping thanks to there being no chargers in meta I feel that player can honestly just flank left and not have too much to worry about now that the sharking corner is gone.

Although again this is the week of Super Mario Odyssey and focus is more on that than on this map, so I guess we will have to see how it fairs for RM and in the other modes as well
Uhm...so....chargers can refill their ink.......by twerking? :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
November patch, dance emotes finally? Including twerking? Naaahh, that path leads to a joyous, squid partying madness!

And that clip exemplifies why the Sloshing Machine has always had a place in my heart. Would have made the clip 20 seconds shorter. =p

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326

Okay, so Blackbelly is returning from Splatoon 1 tomorrow! Get ready for the 5 second rainmaker pushes, one-sided Tower Control, and easy Splat Zone wins!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Sorry for being mr icky-positive-optimistic, but apparently they took an interesting approach to fixing the Rainmaker matches according to a hacker who managed to get his hands on the map early. Also, spawn camping won't be nearly as big of a deal because of the drop off from spawn. Rest easy knowing this version of blackbelly is gonna be much more bearable than before.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Switch is overwhelming me with games, I've hardly played Splatoon 2 lately, though I've already played it for over 400 hours so that's no too surprising. With Mario Odyssey tomorrow that likely isn't gonna change anytime soon even with Blackbelly, one of my favorite maps from the original game, Rainmaker aside of course!

As for fixing the short range meta, perhaps returning the Dynamo to it's Splatoon 1 form could help. Sounds crazy but hear me out, with Dynamo once again oppressing the short range weapons, it gives reason to use long range weapons to counter Dynamo, a system of checks n balances essentially. Still the map design problem of course.

Cyan

Inkling Commander

At least it’s a weapon I don’t particularly care for. Gold Dynamo is dropping next and is bringing a kit of Toxic Mist (at least it was when leaked, this tweet makes it sound like a Splat Bomb instead) and Ink Armor, and I’m sure that sub will do well on a weapon with no ink efficiency right? No problems can occur when a 70% ink requirement sub with lots of white ink lands on Dynamo, I’m sure this will be the new meta weapon bottom of the list for viable weapons :p

Last edited:

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
November patch, dance emotes finally? Including twerking?
What we actually need is rare pieces of gear with particle effects attached to them.
Gold Dynamo is dropping next.
So not only is one of my most hated weapons in the first game being released on the same day as Odyssey, but is also the last weapon before my Sp00py birthday on Tuesday (which means more new games to play)?

How karmatic ironic.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh right, I forgot how much fun Blackbelly was for Splat Zones. Hmm...Oddyssey might just not take up my whole weekend after all. Especially since I used to play as the Dynamo quite a bit on this very stage in Splat Zones.

Award

Since we have lots of newbies still lerning the ropes on kelp RM?
yeah we're going to have some record time short matches going on.

Also
Y'all ready for tha SPAWNCAMPz?!?
the new changes to black belly maaaaybe improved/fixed things. . .

I doubt it, honestly. But hay, lets give splatdevs the benefit of the doubt and give it another whirl, shall we? .-.
How could we not be ready, we've had Port Mackerel for months! :P

The Switch is overwhelming me with games, I've hardly played Splatoon 2 lately, though I've already played it for over 400 hours so that's no too surprising. With Mario Odyssey tomorrow that likely isn't gonna change anytime soon even with Blackbelly, one of my favorite maps from the original game, Rainmaker aside of course!

As for fixing the short range meta, perhaps returning the Dynamo to it's Splatoon 1 form could help. Sounds crazy but hear me out, with Dynamo once again oppressing the short range weapons, it gives reason to use long range weapons to counter Dynamo, a system of checks n balances essentially. Still the map design problem of course.
Aaaaaaaaaaanddddddd........

At least it’s a weapon I don’t particularly care for. Gold Dynamo is dropping next and is bringing a kit of Toxic Mist (at least it was when leaked, this tweet makes it sound like a Splat Bomb instead) and Ink Armor, and I’m sure that sub will do well on a weapon with no ink efficiency right? No problems can occur when a 70% ink requirement sub with lots of white ink lands on Dynamo, I’m sure this will be the new meta weapon bottom of the list for viable weapons :p

BOOM! There it is.....soooo......uhmm......yeaaahhh......mmkay.... :P

So....Winter is coming...... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom