• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I think I found a new preferred weapon for Tower Control~

Also it seems there's a meme where people offer their gear. I'm not sure why, but I won't complain. Atleast it's a useful meme.

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
RE: Splatnet 2 app. If you don't use the Splatnet 2 store, you're missing out on IMO the best new feature of Splatoon 2.
I love the entire app. I always pour over all the game results and obsessively check the store. I don't know how @Award has functioned without it.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Wow, I'm so glad you posted that! Amazon COLOSSALLY screwed up! I hadn't realized that FE:W had actually already released! I would never have even realized I missed out on release had you not said that!
Well, I'm happy that I could help! (Even if it wasn't intentionally...)

I too would like to echo the praise for Splatnet 2 - especially the store. It fixes one of my bigger issues with the first game. (Not being able to use your favourite gear simply because it has a terrible main ability.)

the

Inkling Commander
I just got the edgy skull mask with comeback, so I too must sing the praises of splatnet 2's online store

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Okay I tried this weapon yesterday and it is great, it's indirect makes it easy for softening foes your attackers are chasing from a distance, it sub baits people out into your attacks and then there the inkstorm.

Place this and just simply push, no one can risk attacking you in it, a indirect within the inkstorm just wiped player almost as quick as a direct.
Plus unlike other long ranged weapon it is still pretty good at close range as long as you aim properly.

Personally I still like the vanilla blaster the most, but this brings back the amusement I had got from playing the custom ranged that I am glad to see return.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I finally tried out the Range Blaster (or rather, am trying out, as S2's lobby waiting times are long enough sometimes that I have to have something else to do at the same time). I'm doing surprisingly well with it, but I have a few gripes with it as well.

For one thing, I'm running out of ink constantly. I'm currently filling some slots w/ the aid of a drink, but I'm wearing 2 ISMs and a ISS as main abilities, so it shouldn't be THIS abysmal.

Second, I get that it kills in one hit and all (if you hit properly, that is), but god is this weapon slow. Inking with this is just un-fun.

Lastly, I'm not too keen on the idea of pairing a slow, ink-slurping weapon with the slowest, least ink efficient bomb there is. Literally any other bomb would've completented it nicely, IMO.

Still, I'm enjoying my time with it. It's just too bad that they made it good at one thing (OHKO'ing people), but then had to make it suck in practically every other aspect.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I just got the edgy skull mask with comeback, so I too must sing the praises of splatnet 2's online store
It gave me my Swim Speed Up Retro Specs along with everything else. :)

SplatNet and Grizzco gear makes things SOOO much better because now you can play fresh and look fresh at the same time!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
So I finally tried out the Range Blaster (or rather, am trying out, as S2's lobby waiting times are long enough sometimes that I have to have something else to do at the same time). I'm doing surprisingly well with it, but I have a few gripes with it as well.

For one thing, I'm running out of ink constantly. I'm currently filling some slots w/ the aid of a drink, but I'm wearing 2 ISMs and a ISS as main abilities, so it shouldn't be THIS abysmal.

Second, I get that it kills in one hit and all (if you hit properly, that is), but god is this weapon slow. Inking with this is just un-fun.

Lastly, I'm not too keen on the idea of pairing a slow, ink-slurping weapon with the slowest, least ink efficient bomb there is. Literally any other bomb would've completented it nicely, IMO.

Still, I'm enjoying my time with it. It's just too bad that they made it good at one thing (OHKO'ing people), but then had to make it suck in practically every other aspect.
I love this gun, but they need to buff its ink efficiency. It’s beyond bad, and it’s really messing up all the gear sets I had in mind. I think I have no choice but to do ISM, ISS, IRU in equal parts across my mains and subs. I already have that set, but I really wanted to use ink resistance with this gun.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Well guys, I've recently got news that...

I will have Splatoon 2 sometime between Nov. 1st and mid-Nov.! Will be able to splat everyone soon! This also means that, within the next month, this thread will be open for Single Player Story talk (though I'd imagine most of you have already talked about it to the death in other threads)!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
This guy was very apprehensive about reading anything regarding the single player. Because it's not like he could just ignore this thread or anything.
So he doesn’t even know that everyone dies at the end? It’s such a jaw dropping ending. I can’t imagine staying unspoiled on it for this long.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Ya...you guys have probably talked all about it on the other threads by now. It was more something for myself to avoid spoilers because, well, it's not like I can ignore the thread I created...

Regardless, if the topic somehow ventures in here now and again, it will actually be permitted in a few weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom