• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I called it, haha. I said that this week's weapon is going to be a variant no one cares about. And God knows how many people care about the Dynamo since the game came out and people noticed that it doesn't paint anymore a.k.a the reason why it was so damn good in the first game.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I called it, haha. I said that this week's weapon is going to be a variant no one cares about. And God knows how many people care about the Dynamo since the game came out and people noticed that it doesn't paint anymore a.k.a the reason why it was so damn good in the first game.

It could be worse: .....

Wait....no it can't.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
We must be a sick or salty bunch to miss the old dynamo's stats. Yet, even I feel sorry for that thing as well.

It could be worse: .....

Wait....no it can't.
Nintendo: Reggie, hold my Mario licenced beer!!

shudder

Senior Squid
Was Blackbelly one of the top 5 maps in that Splatoon 1 vote that Nintendo had? I find it a weird addition, most players didn't seem to have much of an opinion on the map one way or another except for how bad RM is on it. I hope they make the dunk station in a different location for 2.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Was Blackbelly one of the top 5 maps in that Splatoon 1 vote that Nintendo had? I find it a weird addition, most players didn't seem to have much of an opinion on the map one way or another except for how bad RM is on it. I hope they make the dunk station in a different location for 2.
Well back before the game was due to launch hackers were busy datamining the Splatfest demo (which conveniently held data for pretty much the entire game) there was data found that contained the filenames for the maps, and 16 of those were the same filenames as Splatoon 1 and some had definitions for ink rails (Saltspray has loads of ink rails defined for it). So unless some of these are just leftovers (highly unlikely), I'd wager that it's safe to say all the original Splatoon 1 maps are returning with various changes to improve them over their original designs. They did say they were going to have more maps than 1, and the easiest way of doing it is by reusing existing assets by removing the flaws and changing the layouts slightly so they have less strain on designing 32 maps (for arguments' sake, no solid figure at this point) and can just do a 50/50 split much like how Mario Kart does 16 old tracks and 16 new ones. We'll definitely be seeing more of the old ones returning, just a matter of time.

Award

Gah! The one week I forget to put my chips in for Gold Dynamo!
Look on the bright side, you're a step ahead. Since you didn't put your chips in you don't have to pry them all back in desperation now! :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

At least it’s a weapon I don’t particularly care for. Gold Dynamo is dropping next and is bringing a kit of Toxic Mist (at least it was when leaked, this tweet makes it sound like a Splat Bomb instead) and Ink Armor, and I’m sure that sub will do well on a weapon with no ink efficiency right? No problems can occur when a 70% ink requirement sub with lots of white ink lands on Dynamo, I’m sure this will be the new meta weapon bottom of the list for viable weapons :p
So I have to admit I see a lot of grief but knowing that there is actually a new roller variant coming makes me happy
Albeit isn't great again the dynamo is a fun weapon to play with loads of suppressing/turfing power, combine that with splatbomb and ink armor and it can be a great weapon
One the other hand combine that with toxic mist and you got a weapon that has a gear set that at the moment no other weapon has and becomes an amazing suppression tool in the right hands (alongside a blaster or splasho'matic)

Yeah ink recovery will likely be a must either way but I feel that this can still be a fun and challeging weapon to play.

However, I will likely be following Odysseus and his mustachioed friend though... if I can manage to get a copy sometime this weekend

Award

fun and challeging weapon to play.
A challenge weapon, you say! Awesome, Splatoon 2 needs more of those! :P

Splat bombs might not be so bad for it actually, it could actually be decent if it's that. Sort of (Flingza is still better IMO), but if it's toxic mist, it's just plain bad. Disruptors would have worked, but mist......by the time you wind up they're already free of it. And you're out of ink.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
A challenge weapon, you say! Awesome, Splatoon 2 needs more of those! :p

Splat bombs might not be so bad for it actually, it could actually be decent if it's that. Sort of (Flingza is still better IMO), but if it's toxic mist, it's just plain bad. Disruptors would have worked, but mist......by the time you wind up they're already free of it. And you're out of ink.
True if you wind up they would be long gone.... but that wouldn't be what I would go for, players like water will take the path of least resistance.
Tossing a toxic mist will force players to go around or through (especially in small allies or flanks), and since they know you are nearby they would rather go around.
Knowing that you could predict the alternate route forcing them to go even further out of their way or risk a 1v1. Either way you will be taking time away from the objective and stalling the enemy and prevent them from making a push in.

Bombs on the other hand would provide a bunch of tricks shots to take out unaware enemies like the splat charger... though again I really would prefer toxic mist cause if this has to compete with the splattershot Jr. it will most certainly lose that matchup

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
lol speak of the devil. Atleast it's special can also double as an ink refill unlike the vanilla Dynamo, but yeah, wont change that I don't find Dynamo's fun to play in this game. I want to believe it's sub is Splat Bombs, just like the Gold Dynamo originally had in Splat 1.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
True if you wind up they would be long gone.... but that wouldn't be what I would go for, players like water will take the path of least resistance.
Tossing a toxic mist will force players to go around or through (especially in small allies or flanks), and since they know you are nearby they would rather go around.
Knowing that you could predict the alternate route forcing them to go even further out of their way or risk a 1v1. Either way you will be taking time away from the objective and stalling the enemy and prevent them from making a push in.

Bombs on the other hand would provide a bunch of tricks shots to take out unaware enemies like the splat charger... though again I really would prefer toxic mist cause if this has to compete with the splattershot Jr. it will most certainly lose that matchup
I’d prefer Splat Bombs because you could throw a Splat Bomb one way and fling in the other to give them a guaranteed death :).

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
We must be a sick or salty bunch to miss the old dynamo's stats.
Well I don't lel.

I guess the Gold Dynamo's kit is better, I think?
You know what, forget trying to make excuses, I'm Just gonna say it - I'm incredibly disappointed with this month's weapons.

Cyan

Inkling Commander

More news for Splatoon 2 (at least in Europe anyway lol)!

Another Splatfest, this time related to whether you have hot breakfasts (Toast, Full English Breakfast etc.) or have cold breakfasts (cereal with milk, cold crossiants etc.). I think this is a pretty neat Splatfest and the ink colours should go nicely together. Obviously it throws out the possibilities of a Christmas theme for us as I doubt they’ll do one in the first week of December but we may get another New Year’s Resolution one which was still pretty neat imo. Thoughts on this theme fellow European players and your team decision?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031

More news for Splatoon 2 (at least in Europe anyway lol)!

Another Splatfest, this time related to whether you have hot breakfasts (Toast, Full English Breakfast etc.) or have cold breakfasts (cereal with milk, cold crossiants etc.). I think this is a pretty neat Splatfest and the ink colours should go nicely together. Obviously it throws out the possibilities of a Christmas theme for us as I doubt they’ll do one in the first week of December but we may get another New Year’s Resolution one which was still pretty neat imo. Thoughts on this theme fellow European players and your team decision?
As a lover of all breakfast, I find it really messed up that they're trying to turn us breakfast lovers against each other. This is basically a real life Hunger Games. I choose both -- sometimes in the same meal.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That looks like the typical lag I get when my internet screws up, so I don't really see how that has anything to do with the stage?

But Re:Splatfest. This is actually a pretty bad theme. In the UK warm breakfasts are pretty common, right? But I think that for most other EU countries, certainly the Netherlands, nobody eats a warm breakfast.
Also, why in the hell are croissants on the cold side!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom