• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Depending on the damage and the RNG, Squeezer looks OP. I assume it's going to be a 2-shot with the tap-shot and 3-4 shot with the normal firing. It might be very inaccurate unless it's being tap-shot, so IDK.

Looks fun though! Hope there is a Hero Squeezer in the future!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, the Squeezer's out, and here's my thoughts.

It's between Pro and Jet killing range on the single shot, and Splattershot range on auto-fire. The weapon paints decently, near the splattershot's ability. 3 hit kill (38 damage) on the single shot, 4 hit (30 damage) with auto fire. Accuracy is perfect on the single shot and around the Jr's with auto-fire. The damage is a little low, but every other attribute seems fine. Combined with the kit, this isn't massively exciting but it is a viable weapon in my eyes. Particularly dexterous folks are gonna have a field day, since there's no fire limit on single shots. Let's hear it for a new weapon that isn't terrible!

Last edited:

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Well, it's not OP, but I feel like it doesn't need a buff. It reminds me of the splat brella because you can switch between the two modes (obviously). It seems like it can be OP once someone masters it.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Well, the Squeezer's out, and here's my thoughts.

It's between Pro and Jet killing range on the single shot, and Splattershot range on auto-fire. The weapon paints decently, near the splattershot's ability. 3 hit kill (38 damage) on the single shot, 4 hit (30 damage) with auto fire. Accuracy is perfect on the single shot and around the Jr's with auto-fire. The damage is a little low, but every other attribute seems fine. Combined with the kit, this isn't massively exciting but it is a viable weapon in my eyes. Particularly dexterous folks are gonna have a field day, since there's no fire limit on single shots. Let's hear it for a new weapon that isn't terrible!
If you were a player used the Nozzlelenose a lot you are going to love this thing, the fact that it also keeps it's 100% accuracy while jumping makes it pretty amazing.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A nozzlenose cousin?

Hearing about it makes me feel a lil sad for the nozzlenoses, especially the H3. Seems almost like what the nozzlenoses should have been--though I prefer if they shot a steady stream.

Makes me regret having to pack and travel; might miss out on "weapon weekend premiere shenanigans" sadly.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Kinda plays like the 96 deco, speaking of which the 96 deco is gonna have splash wall and splashdown (could change but most likely this will be it) and I can't wait. Personally I love splash wall although if they didn't go so far and activated quicker that would be great... I was surprised at the range of the single shot and had quite a bit of success. I like it.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There is definitely a max fire rate for Squishy.
Timing your button presses just right to achieve this for extended fire times though...

well, it's harder than timing L3 and H3 shots.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like it so far, but I'm having some real trouble playing weapons you have to rapid-fire manually while playing in TV/Tabletop mode. I'm playing seperate joycons, and the rapid hitting of the ZR button just makes it shake too much, which messes up my aim. I don't really like playing in Handheld anymore, as I feel a lot worse when doing so.
It's the same deal as the L-3 Nozzlenose, which I was very adept with in S1, but here I'm not doing so well.

Also, Stingray and Wall suck so that doesn't help.

Award

I think I really like squeezer. I generally don't like shooters at all, but this one feels like it has a high skill floor and worthwhile payoff for mastering it...unlike most of the new weapons that have a high skill floor and no meaningful payoff.....my kind of weapon!

Shooters are just plain boring but it kind of plays like a gal mixed with a pro, it NEEDS to rely heavily on its splash walls which makes it interesting, and it's ability to switch to accurate long range snipe mode adds a complicated feat that yields great rewards. The vanilla shooting is actually pretty good up close allowing for rushdowns, and zoning with walls is very handy, The tap shot I was originally disappointed with, but after I was able to take down a few perched snipers with it its utility became clear. I don't think it's too handy to go around tapping for most kills....getting the aim is hard when button mashing since it tends to shake the controller and ruin aim, so I feel sheldon is a little off, the auto fire should still be the "main" killing instrument, but when you are outranged by a good margin by your opponent, taking more careful aim, charger or range blaster style, and using the tap shot is very useful indeed! And as a bonus for a good killer, it's coverage is pretty solid!

A Sploosh with that much swim speed up is 19.9% faster than Sploosh with no bonuses and about 40.8% faster than, say, a Dynamo with no bonuses. I don't have the exact speed of an Inkbrush handy, but that Sploosh wasn't double the speed of anything.
By the numbers its still way too fast, but yeah not double. Still a Sploosh even moving 20% faster than a sploosh and 50% faster than heavies is borderline cheating. A dynamo or blaster with that much swim speed would still be vulnerable when they take aim. A sploosh at that speed, never, ever has to stop moving, so they can kill roughly in motion and are almost impossible to hit. I was able to get some pot shots in on account of using clash and abusing the radius and quick shots, but nobody else on my team had any ability to do anything about him, and I can't even blame them for that, it was effectively physically impossible for them with most weapons. It's one of a billion balance issues in the game, and not the most common one, but that's definitely a balancing problem.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay, so after spending a few hours on Splatoon today...yeah, the Squisher is probably here to stay. I don't think I've seen this much competent usage of a brand new weapon since...IDK, long.

I have yet to spend a lot of time on it though. Mostly because I was upgrading a bunch of gear.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
This is a real Swiss army knife tool, you can use space out out enemies, cover turf relatively well, support your team during pushes, and attack an enemy team really well.

I do admit I have had difficulty on deciding when to switch between burst or coninuous fire...mainly cause a kinda autopilot into a L-3 style of play with this weapon.
Plus I see thermal ink potential with this weapon, mainly due it's range allow you to tac some damage from a good distance with it's primary fire and even make it easier to make falloff shots (but that could just be me)
My primary gear on it though is mainly run speed and ink savers/ ink recovery

Overall though it is a good weapon with a lot of potential, and one that might become apart of my Splatoon 2 mains.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm torn between the Sting Ray we got and the Tenta Missiles we could've had instead for the Squeezer's special. However either still fits thematically with a wine/champagne bottle weapon. One can be viewed as a crate of bottles going off while the other is just one massive bottle shaken then sprayed on everyone. :p

But I'm still disappointed there are no ghost lines when throwing a splash wall and it no longer insta-splats when it deploys on someone's head. *sigh*

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I feel repeatedly squeezing is the best course of action, since that maximizes damage (3 HKO vs 4 HKO), and vastly reduces RNG

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Soooooooooo many sub-level 15 players! @-@

And rollers! So many rollers...

And the adorable dualies rollers, rolling more than the rollers.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
It is time to bust out the gootuber again?
With matchups like these all day:

Sure! It's good training ground to use "lousy" weapons and ones you're lousy with, while also questioning some of the newbies.

"Timeout? Really!? You're low on ink so you're gonna stop immediately in front of me, drop into your ink, and stay there?! You know I still know you're there, right? All right, timeout then... ready yet?"

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'm one of those newer players lol (not in the post, generally speaking). Though i did get the game 2 days before christmas.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I ran into a mixture of people. Some newbies, but mostly your run-of-the-mill overly aggressive turf war people. I'm guessing these people all decided to go turf to pick on newbies. I was wanting to go on cruise control and practice with a weapon.

So much for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom