• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I ran into a mixture of people. Some newbies, but mostly your run-of-the-mill overly aggressive turf war people. I'm guessing these people all decided to go turf to pick on newbies. I was wanting to go on cruise control and practice with a weapon.

So much for that.
Why are so many people so aggressive in turf war. Whether I'm "goobing" or partying or just running around with a brush, etc. people still decide to wear their perfect sets and mains (which I do every so often but I'm still relaxed and leave people alone or join) and go all in. Sometimes I get tired of ranked and go into turf war so relax but then I can't or I just get overwhelmed by all the try-hard turfers. I was gonna have fun and do a randomizer and upgrade gear in turf today but even though half the lobby were newbies the rest of the people decided to be annoying. But people are entitled to their own actions. I got a little annoyed having to deal with a team of new people (idc) but then the other team pulled out all the stops and I had to sit up and play super aggressive with my vanilla dynamo (the randomizer) to try and do the best for all the people just starting (I kept track of the names of the newbies). I just wish people just a little more relaxed in turf. I'm not saying every lobby should be a squid party but it gets annoying. 95% of the time I have a good attitude and go with whatever but sometimes it gets to be a little much.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm one of those newer players lol (not in the post, generally speaking). Though i did get the game 2 days before christmas.
You goober! You're new to the game but not Splatoon! :p

@J'Wiz, Sorry about that. May have gotten a lil too carried away tonight. Along with 1~4 peeps often piggybacking on me into your lobby. Including a couple of low level ringers who are new to the sequel but not to Splatoon. *side eyes at least one Squidboards poster* :p

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
@Ansible Actually most of it was before you jumped in. The two SS Pros that were in the lobby when you first jumped in were constantly down my throat. There were a few other incidents before that. I was irritated when I switched to the Dualies.

@Mar$el I think alot of it is just the Ranked mentality rubbing off on Turf War. One of the best ways to win a Ranked Battle is to kill everything, so let's do it in Turf too. Your case sounds like people just wanting to pick on newbies.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Again, my apologies, because one of those SS Pros piggybacked on me. Eheheheh...

Though I'm not sure why they were using the SS Pro. That's not their normal style. Maybe they got the Squidmas salt too.

One of the best ways to win a Ranked Battle is to kill everything,
If only that plan worked in today's ranked battles. Especially in Clam Blitz! But guess what team, you still have to collect clams then put them in the basket!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Why would you NOT play as hard as you can in turf?

Anyway, yeah...lots of people getting this game for christmas. So many yellow shirts, headbands and cream basics. Well, before too long they will be finding their way in the game as well. The more the merrier I guess! I mean, I'm running into the same people over and over anyway, so some new blood could be fun.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I ran into a mixture of people. Some newbies, but mostly your run-of-the-mill overly aggressive turf war people. I'm guessing these people all decided to go turf to pick on newbies. I was wanting to go on cruise control and practice with a weapon.

So much for that.
WELCOME NEWBIES TO GLORIOUS SPLATOON 2 MATCHMAKING

Really though, it's not the players that are to blame but the godawful matchmaking. There are pros willing to play TW alongside newbies, and more often than not they'll just get shoved in the same lobbies.
I haven't touched TW in a while because of exactly this reason: it just throws random people closest to your location disregarding team comp, level, skill and sanity and hopes for the best. This tends to go as well as you'd probably expect.

The only real recommendation i can give to frustrated newbies is to stick to ranked once you climb to lvl 10 and never look back. Matchmaking is a whole lot better there.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Ansible
True clam blitz was a mess so many d/c' s and one sided matches where my team kept getting wiped. Mostly due to an n-zap or a tryhard inkbrush.
Of course all this happens when I am almost at S+..
It was so bad that I went into turf war to desalinate... Funny enough though I ran into you there.

I also believe that I ran into @Magic8Ball playing sploosho'matic yesterday which was kinda cool

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Ansible
True clam blitz was a mess so many d/c' s and one sided matches where my team kept getting wiped. Mostly due to an n-zap or a tryhard inkbrush.
Of course all this happens when I am almost at S+..
It was so bad that I went into turf war to desalinate... Funny enough though I ran into you there
Heh heh, "tryhard inkbrush" hah hah~! Never thought there be a day, though I've encountered a thoroughly tryhard Japanese inkbrush before... in turf war. I was like like "Dude! Chill..." as he flipped out the entire time then ran away with the most turf and more splats b everyone in that match combined!

Meanwhile here in B rank Clam Blitz we have both teams comprised of brand new players, novice players who still don't know how the mode works, bloodthirsty killers who sometimes stumble over the objective, and maybe the occasional compete player trying to rally a herd of cats.

Just an utter mess that made trips to turf war the best part of a session. Sorry if I overlooked you in a match. Hopefully I wasn't too rowdy or too bad of an aim with whatever I was using.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Heh heh, "tryhard inkbrush" hah hah~! Never thought there be a day, though I've encountered a thoroughly tryhard Japanese inkbrush before... in turf war. I was like like "Dude! Chill..." as he flipped out the entire time then ran away with the most turf and more splats b everyone in that match combined!

Meanwhile here in B rank Clam Blitz we have both teams comprised of brand new players, novice players who still don't know how the mode works, bloodthirsty killers who sometimes stumble over the objective, and maybe the occasional compete player trying to rally a herd of cats.

Just an utter mess that made trips to turf war the best part of a session. Sorry if I overlooked you in a match. Hopefully I wasn't too rowdy or too bad of an aim with whatever I was using.
Here in S rank there are brushes, n-zaps, rollers, and splattershot, with autobombs and splashdowns galore, with the occasional god like long range
weapon with either bubble blower or stingray that somehow guard the basket while taking out my team...
Then there is me, playing the flingza, or some other random weapon getting stupid splats and somehow getting a last minute win...when I am not getting bodied :D

Honestly you were playing great with the squeezer, and went 8-3 from what it says in the stats bar.
Plus even if you feel you didn't do well I was playing the foil flingza.....which would honestly take away any freedom of speech I may have.:p

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
When I’m playing Turf War, it’s because I want to work on my skills using a weapon without having the stress of Ranked, where you can lose your rank in a matter of 5 matches if you aren’t careful. That doesn’t mean that I’m off screwing around, though. I’m trying to see how I can best take advantage of my weapon, whether that’s trying to get a halfway decent game with a clunky weapon, or trying to get a beautifully elegant run using a weapon I know like the back of my hand. Whether you think I should or not, I like working on my freshness levels, and getting the white flag on a new weapon is one of my favourite feelings.

In other words, if you come across me in Turf, don’t expect me to go easy on you. Sorry, but not sorry.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
So how's everyone feeling about this rumor that paid online is delayed again until Fall 2018?

Seems to be due to text on a Nintendo Italy site, but nothing official as of yet. I'm guessing we'll find the truth in the next Nintendo direct coming January.

*looks at page count* Wonder if we'll make it to 100 before this year ends.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So how's everyone feeling about this rumor that paid online is delayed again until Fall 2018?

Seems to be due to text on a Nintendo Italy site, but nothing official as of yet. I'm guessing we'll find the truth in the next Nintendo direct coming January.

*looks at page count* Wonder if we'll make it to 100 before this year ends.
I'm cynical. Well, you knew that already but I mean on THIS topic :p Really, if the game is still peer-to-peer and etc. for now it's just delaying the inevitable. Honestly, I'd have preferred for it to happen sooner just so we knew whether the game was staying as it is with paid online. Now we have uncertainty for half a year instead of 2-3 months, not an improvement in my mind.

And really, even if this rumor is true, we still don't KNOW anything. The situation hasn't changed, only the time frame. Meh!

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Sounds pretty good, gives the Christmas newbies more playtime. Imagine getting this game as a kid and not even a week later you gotta pay to keep playing!

That being said, a rumor's a rumor but it would not surprise me if it did end up actually happening.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I...don't think we'll get to 100 in 3 days...

(This is the part where you guys prove me wrong by exploding my thread).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*spam spam spam content spam spam content spam spam*

I can't recall if they ever gave a specific month or season in 2018, just that they said 2018. They might announce vague details in the next direct... but really, I honestly rather they get started with paid online sooner rather than later--in the vain hopes that they'll be forced to 'git gud' with their online services and a better idea of what's in store for this game.

Also, it's Thursday, any guesses as to the last weapon release of this year will be? I'm leaning on a variant. I'd like another slosher variant but we already had one. Maybe a carbon roller deco? I'd like one of those, even though it's a shadow of its former self.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll take one undercover brella, with a burst bombs and a side order of splashdown please.
(current datamined kit is mines and splashdown, iirc)

Custom Dualie Squelchers or Tri-Slosher Nouveau! Unlikely but I CAN DREAM!

It looks like you're trying to bring about the end of the universe, would you like some help with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom